Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Cam & Heads or FI for ls3 m6 vet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 188 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer#4
Yea my reason behind the low lift cam was keeping the stock valve springs, and i have been hearing stories about poping the head off the valves with a high lift cam. I gues it will be prety easy to change the valve springs on a vett since the engine dont sit way back under the fire wall like camaro or trans am. What do yall think, comp 918's with a good set of titanium retainers, 560 to 590 lift 230 something @.50 113-114 lsa? does this sound about right? Im going to get a custom grind like you said, im just trying to get an idea what a good blower cam has, and what a FI engine needs, cause im a N/A round track guy.
I'd leave the 918's alone. They cost me a motor. I've heard they are better now.......but I Don't Trust Them. I'm running Patriot Gold dual valve springs on two supercharged motors. Good to .650 lift. 219/231 .607/.617 on a 115 LSA works really well for me That's ballpark #'s for a well mannered blower cam. You can go bigger and the TVS will tame it somewhat. Much smaller and you limit your power potential.

Quick Reply: Cam & Heads or FI for ls3 m6 vet?