Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Hobbs switch after bypass valve?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 04:17 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 427
The problem with my truck is the stock regulator was overun at low speed and idle when both pumps ran, so I had to run one only when driving normal. If you use the race type regulator both should work fine I would guess.

Kurt
Yeah you will have that using the stock regulators etc... Well you know LOL!
Old 06-10-2010, 04:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Yeah you will have that using the stock regulators etc... Well you know LOL!
I see, so I guess I will be picking up a hobs switch. I will be using a '98 fuel pump assembly modified with dual walbro pumps in my '97 tank (LT1 car), LS1 fuel lines to the front to my LS3 fuel rail and 60# injectors.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just be sure to monitor fuel pressure, my hobbs switch wouldnt turn on all the time, so i ended up bypassing it with a simple on/off switch. its crude but i know that it works
Old 06-10-2010, 07:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 02NBMFormula
Just be sure to monitor fuel pressure, my hobbs switch wouldnt turn on all the time, so i ended up bypassing it with a simple on/off switch. its crude but i know that it works
I have a fuel pressure gauge (not that I am sure to cautch a problem before it is too late). A switch is not a bad idea actually. I can leave one pump on for normal use, and switch on the second for when I hot dog it around. But I do like the idea of a hobs switch better. I could simply wire up a diode to it and have it light up when the switch closes so that I know it's on.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:33 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
I see, so I guess I will be picking up a hobs switch. I will be using a '98 fuel pump assembly modified with dual walbro pumps in my '97 tank (LT1 car), LS1 fuel lines to the front to my LS3 fuel rail and 60# injectors.
Yeah I know have a friend that still runs both all the time with the stock regulator and just tuned around it I just don't like having the spring on the stock regulator open all the time until you go under WOT etc...

Quick Reply: Hobbs switch after bypass valve?