Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

jgs wastegate and boost controler help

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 12:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by black98ws6ta
I would run a single line from the top of the gate to the compressor housing. This should basically max out the turbo. Do a short pull/burst and see what the boost does. If it does not make alot of boost you have a cold side leak, or you are maxing out the turbo(s).

Situations like this is why I like the new PTE gates...they come with multiple springs...enough to hit each boost level from 1.5 to 25.5 in 1.5 lb increments.
Doing the top line to the WG will tell you that you can make more boost(ie not huge leaks on the cold side), but be VERY careful doing this, it will go from zero boost to spiking 20lbs extremely quickly.

The new precision 46 we put on my buddies car was a nice gate, came with all the springs so you can run a lot of different boost levels like mention above. I'd go that route over a JGS if I ever bought another one, just replace the hardware as the bolts aren't very good imo. Other than that, great gates.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^ I accidently hooked my bottom line to the upper port once, it hit 22 psi in no time! Thankfully though I reacted very fast and let go, just happened to be ok.
Attached Thumbnails jgs wastegate and boost controler help-overboost.jpg  
Old 06-27-2010, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6HUMMER
^^^^ I accidently hooked my bottom line to the upper port once, it hit 22 psi in no time! Thankfully though I reacted very fast and let go, just happened to be ok.
Your lucky LOL I forgot to zip tie a hose going to my waste gate on my 87 GN some years ago and heard the dam head gasket go before i had a chance to let out of it. Worse part was,,, i was taling a little hotty for a ride to show her what a boosted car felt like LOL
Old 06-27-2010, 05:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by barnat
Your lucky LOL I forgot to zip tie a hose going to my waste gate on my 87 GN some years ago and heard the dam head gasket go before i had a chance to let out of it. Worse part was,,, i was taling a little hotty for a ride to show her what a boosted car felt like LOL
That does suck. I had a friend that happened to before I finished my build. Now all his and my vacuum lines are -4 steel braided lines with the exception of 2" of hose going from 1 AN line to the MAP sensor, couldn't find one at the time that had a AN fitting.

Quick Reply: jgs wastegate and boost controler help