Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

WTF! Still no boost of the line!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Mighty, I remember seeing a vidoe of some ones car on here a few years back. It was a black WS6 like yours and mine. It had some sick **** rock tunes with it. It started off with picturs of the fellow while he was a baby, then came up to present with his car at the track. It showed like 3 or 4 passes, each time he lifted the front wheels, each time they got higher and higher of the ground, until the last pass were it stood straight up (in the dark by now), scrapping the bumper and throwing sparks, it came down hard throwing more sparks, and he finished the pass (the times were very fast but I can not remember what they were), at the end in writing he stated what all it broke when it cam down, oil pan and what not. Was that you and your car? If not do you remember what that video was called and how to find it again? I showed it to my two sons (13 and 14 now) and told them it was me at the track. They fell for it. I would love to find it again. Man what a wicked pass the car would make!
Old 06-19-2010, 04:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You have or have spray kit still or did you sell it?
Old 06-19-2010, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sold it. I have access to a couple of them though. I took the juice off the car and I really am not going to put it back on. If I was to put it on, I would just throw a nitrous cam in it, bump the compression up on it, and spray a 400 shot on top of it without the FI. I really do not want juice any more, only one or the other, not both.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Nothing wrong with just using small shots like 50,75, 100 to instant spool up the turbos,its supercools as well and the shot combined with fi usually yields more power than shot alone so 50 shot might add 100hp total when combined.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am not worried about the nitrous hurting anything. My deal is I symply do not want nitrous.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Well forged engine for sure not likely to hurt anything with 50,75 type of shot. But some places it illegal on street and it can be a pain to get it filled up. Running small shots it would last a lot longer.

I guess experiment with stall, two step, maybe gears, etc and see how that works out and if/ when you go front it should help a bit. But that turbo is always going to be pretty laggy thing. My turbos hit low and hit hard. That isn't always so great for traction.
And insane pull from 5000 to redline can be fun too. Thats one reason the big turbos are more fun over the little ones. When the little ones are running out of steam and dying out and there is more to life than 1/4 mile then the big ones are still going on strong pullling like freight trains. Thats why not giving up on my big ones in my talons for smaller ones.Once the big ones come up on boost hold on tight!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

You are right. I think that once I put this thing up front, with the combination of the 2step and the Tbrake with the right convertor stall, finished tune, I am possitive I will be making good boost off the line. Don't get me wrong, I love nitrous, I ran it for many a years. If this thing was strictly a race car, heck yeh I would throw the juice to it with the turbo, maybe a 150 or 200 shot. But the idea behind this car was to have an insane car for the street and strip, never being caught with the bottle closed or empty, always loaded and ready for action. I wanted a little lag on the street to help with traction, but a fast spool at the track when I had the slicks on. Really my dream thing to do some day is to set the car up to run on the Bonneville Flats once. I would love to have a picture of me and my car going down the flats hanging on my living room wall, running 200+mph. It's a dream I know, but maybe in time I will get there.

Nope, no juice, she has kicked the habbit. She likes it all to be forced down her throat now!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Too all that have been fallowing me on this journey, I had some succsess tonight! Because this thread is so long and I want people to check back in to help me threw this next step, I am going to make a new thread titles Finally, I have cut my lag time down! So please tune in over their and help me finish this thing up.

Thanks
Old 02-08-2013, 05:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old thread, but still a great read to find this. BTW that older video you asked about with the black WS6 was Harlan. One of the first of the "insanely fast"

Texas WS6, What ever came of your setup ?

Quick Reply: WTF! Still no boost of the line!