Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Why no Kenne Bells?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 01:50 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ That should definetly make a difference. That is quite a bit of meth. At what point are you shooting to much methanol too near to the runners? As in it doesn't have enough time to work it's magic.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ran into this thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...arger-kit.html. Loks similar the dragon racing kit, but a little more simplistic.

Thats a novel idea especially if you can setup the air to air ic, which seems like it would be easy. Only problem i see is space restraints. This would certainly control the iats. Food for thought.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by icen
i ran into this thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...arger-kit.html. Loks similar the dragon racing kit, but a little more simplistic.

Thats a novel idea especially if you can setup the air to air ic, which seems like it would be easy. Only problem i see is space restraints. This would certainly control the iats. Food for thought.
I think Dragon dropped their kit like that because it was such a PITA.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:41 AM
Teching In

I currently have a KB 2.6H supplying boost on my F150 and the raw power of the set up is insane. Those Kenne Bell superchargers are no joke. Get them set up right for your application and you won't be dissapointed what so ever. Their customer service is very good as well. The one caution I might advise you of should you decide to go with a KB is to work closely with KB tech support. It's essential that they get their superchargers are supplied with the proper amount of vacuum as they were designed for otherwise the boost bypass actuator will not function properly and that will begin a long slow process that will begin to over heat the rotors which eventually bakes the seals and causes them to crack. Once the seals crack the unit then steadily looses oil into the intake. The SC still works well but not to it's potential and the added heat due to the unit being in constant boost due to inadequate vacuum then elevates your downstream temps(IAT2) which robs power in a couple of different ways.

Roach
Old 07-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ysb02
I think Dragon dropped their kit like that because it was such a PITA.
Originally Posted by roach4047
I currently have a KB 2.6H supplying boost on my F150 and the raw power of the set up is insane. Those Kenne Bell superchargers are no joke. Get them set up right for your application and you won't be dissapointed what so ever. Their customer service is very good as well. The one caution I might advise you of should you decide to go with a KB is to work closely with KB tech support. It's essential that they get their superchargers are supplied with the proper amount of vacuum as they were designed for otherwise the boost bypass actuator will not function properly and that will begin a long slow process that will begin to over heat the rotors which eventually bakes the seals and causes them to crack. Once the seals crack the unit then steadily looses oil into the intake. The SC still works well but not to it's potential and the added heat due to the unit being in constant boost due to inadequate vacuum then elevates your downstream temps(IAT2) which robs power in a couple of different ways.

Roach
I agree with both of you guys with the reply you have put in here. For a stock motor and only getting 125 rwhp out of the unit that is about all it is worth. On the vettes not to many guys want to pay out this big bucks and only get that # in hp gains. Then in the vetts if going with more than stock Kenne Bell puts you in touch with jeff at TPE and he will tell you ever kind of lie and is really good at it to sell you a kenne bell. Then when it dont work out it is you, are your tuner that is the dum *** and dont know nothing. To me jeff emailed me his tune and ALL of the IAT table was zero out if you are anyone one else has to zero out a full table to get the car to run in boost really dont know all that he is letting on the the guys out here. AGAIN HERE FOR JUST A STOCK UNIT AND LOW END RWTQ THE KENNE BELL IS SOMETHING TO LOOK AT FOR SURE. But if you ever thing in a corvette you want to step it up this unit will not work on the vettes without a ton of more money for a ton of other parts and work.... I stopped at just over 12,k and sold the unit and never got it where I was told I would be by jeff. Why do you think he is not a vendor on here no more. Because this forum will not put up with all his lie,s and going on like he get by with over in the other forum.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by roach4047

Roach
KB doesn't make a kit for the 'vette so they won't help us. Hopefully this will change but I doubt it.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ysb02
KB doesn't make a kit for the 'vette so they won't help us. Hopefully this will change but I doubt it.
No they do make a kit for the vettes, But the only way they will help you is if the car is 100% stock and they sell you a tune for the car. Other than that they will have you to call Jeff at TPE. Guys please dont take what that guy tells you for the truth, I really dont think he would know it if it hit him in the face.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by backchannel
Well I was intending to do this blower thinking it was an upgrade. After talking to KB and to Jeff, I now understand why I can't find any testimonials of praise.
There are a few, like 2, guys over at the vette site who say their KB vettes are insane, have no problems, etc. It's interesting to hear that their tuner, VA Speed, says the kits need alot of work..

I posted recently suggesting Jeff just post up some builds he's done (which, according to him, are numerous) and let the product talk for him since evidently he is tired of doing. His response was basically "I'm sick of people talking badly about KB, so I"m not going to post anymore until it gets better."

What backwards logic

People there seem pretty tight lipped over at the vette site about KB. After reading this thread, I'm convinced I shouldn't touch them
Old 08-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by AFRomulus
There are a few, like 2, guys over at the vette site who say their KB vettes are insane, have no problems, etc. It's interesting to hear that their tuner, VA Speed, says the kits need alot of work..

I posted recently suggesting Jeff just post up some builds he's done (which, according to him, are numerous) and let the product talk for him since evidently he is tired of doing. His response was basically "I'm sick of people talking badly about KB, so I"m not going to post anymore until it gets better."

What backwards logic

People there seem pretty tight lipped over at the vette site about KB. After reading this thread, I'm convinced I shouldn't touch them
I agree not unless you have more money and time than you know what to do with. Over in the vette forum, Jeff gets ALL the bad post pulled out on him and the kenne bell numbers. As you can see I have no use for jeff at all he is a big lair and really dont know how to tell the truth.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:21 AM
Staging Lane

went to track with my c6. Ls2 2.6kb 11psi 530-550whp 535tq. Ran a best of 11.52 @ 126.xx with a 1.9 60'. Other mods on the car are longtubes and meth. Car weighed in at 3250 w/o driver and 3455 with me. This was at SAR DA was a lil over 3000.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:56 AM
wrp
9 Second Club

Heat is a problem, need a big cooling system. We are down from the 180 degree IATs but still need a lot more work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGlBm6uQ0SI

Quick Reply: Why no Kenne Bells?