Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

is this a good turbo for a stock ls1

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 09:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Apocalypse
Comp is not ebay or nothing like that. I will tell you that 67mm turbo will **** on a master power turbo and will make way more power than a MPT70 all day long. on top of that it will spool much faster doing it lol. My 70mm with a .84 a/r T4 housing and a 80mm turbine wheel spools faster than a .63 a/r P-trim MPT70 lol. What a/r is that 67mm Comp Turbo?
you woudnt happen to know anything about this would you?

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newb...ive-turbo.html
Old 07-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dimetweaker
you woudnt happen to know anything about this would you?

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newb...ive-turbo.html
Yes I would happen to know about that. They are very ignorant and do not know as much as they think they do. There are cars with a Comp Turbo that have been running 7's last year and have broke into the 6's early this year. All he wants is to break 11's. That's nothing. Depending on what a/r that 67mm is it will break 11's with no problem at all.

Last edited by Apocalypse; 07-04-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Launching!

Haha you troll all the websites that have comp turbos talked down on dont you!
Old 07-04-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Apocalypse
Comp is not ebay or nothing like that. I will tell you that 67mm turbo will **** on a master power turbo and will make way more power than a MPT70 all day long. on top of that it will spool much faster doing it lol. My 70mm with a .84 a/r T4 housing and a 80mm turbine wheel spools faster than a .63 a/r P-trim MPT70 lol. What a/r is that 67mm Comp Turbo?

this.

Comp turbo is NOT ebay brand, or any "knock off". Comp is top knotch, I wish I could afford a new one. I would run a comp turbo over any turbonetics or precision unit. Look over on yellowbullet if you don't know who Comp turbo is.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:44 PM
TECH Regular

they are in fact a knock off, they are just another copy of a copy. They might not be cheap but they arent innovative either. And just because they run 7s doesnt mean much. I would be willing to bet that if you gave the right guy 2 of the $100 ebay turbos he could plow right on down into the 7s too.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Launching!

I have a brand new Master power T70/ .96 if interested.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by reamo04
this.

Comp turbo is NOT ebay brand, or any "knock off". Comp is top knotch, I wish I could afford a new one. I would run a comp turbo over any turbonetics or precision unit. Look over on yellowbullet if you don't know who Comp turbo is.

Thats a strong statement my friend!
Old 07-05-2010, 12:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 355TurboLT1
Thats a strong statement my friend!
Its true as well. Comp will CUSTOM MAKE you a turbo. Turbonetics and precision wont. Look up Comp Turbos on yellowbullet and tell anybody on there that they're junk. You will get laughed at rather fast. I asked about them once, and it turned into a 10+ page flame fest at me notknowing about comp turbos. I did research, and talked to Paradise racing about them at the time (probably abuot 4 yeras ago) for quite a while. Maybe comp has gone down hill since than, don't really know, but I do know they offered some BADASS turbos back when I first got into the turbo game.

Same as Exile Turbos. Not really a main stream turbo, but they perform better than 90% of what anybody on here runs as well.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny how they(comp turbo) are not on 90% of the fastest cars out there. That's a fact. As far as "custom" turbos go, I'm not seeing your point. I call Precision, Hey I need a 88mm turbo, ok GT 4788, which A/R and which flange would you like (T4/T6) billet wheel or cast blah blah...... It's made to order. And I could give two ***** about Yellowbullet. There are some very knowledgable guys on there followed by a bunch of hillbilly a-holes who are too broke to buy a decent turbo, so they pick on quality brands like Turbonetics and Precision. Comp must be in the "Magic" turbo business. Can't wait until their secrets to building such a better turbo are released to those of us on tech who dont know anything.... Laughable.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 355TurboLT1
Funny how they(comp turbo) are not on 90% of the fastest cars out there. That's a fact. As far as "custom" turbos go, I'm not seeing your point. I call Precision, Hey I need a 88mm turbo, ok GT 4788, which A/R and which flange would you like (T4/T6) billet wheel or cast blah blah...... It's made to order. And I could give two ***** about Yellowbullet. There are some very knowledgable guys on there followed by a bunch of hillbilly a-holes who are too broke to buy a decent turbo, so they pick on quality brands like Turbonetics and Precision. Comp must be in the "Magic" turbo business. Can't wait until their secrets to building such a better turbo are released to those of us on tech who dont know anything.... Laughable.
I will put it this way. My buddy has a comp 88 on his supra. He bought the turbo about 4 years ago. When we compared it to my tc78, on look, same wheel design as the F-1 wheel turbonetics is using. As far as a gt 4788, thats not exactly a "custom turbo" is it? Thats an off the shelf turbo with different options, is it not? If Comp does not have something on the shelfs that you like, they will make it for you. You could call them, tell Justin you want a 57mm t6 frame turbo with a 5.00 A/R, and he would make it for you.

You also know, Comp Turbos was founded by Justin and Joe from innovate when innovate closed their doors, correct? Comp turbos are really popular among the GN, Supra, RX7, and Mustang guys. Why? Because they have big turbos that spool crazy fast. You will find a Comp Turbo 80mm with trip. ball bearings (yes, it was a CUSTOM turbo, meaning they built it just for him) on 302s out spooling t-70s all day long.

Are you saying Joe and Justin didn't know what they were doing when they were running Innovate?

Now, that being said, because of my limited budget, I will continue to run turbonetics for now. I like turbonetics, and have had NO issue with them, or masterpower, or garrett, but if budget was NOT an issue, it would be Exile or Comp. You also realize most comp turbos run 1500+ for a small t4 turbo, right? The people running Comp turbo's arent "broke hillbilly a-holes that cant afford name brand". Comp is namebrand, however not very well known. Look up Paradise racing, give them a call, and find out which they went faster on, a comp turbo of same specs or the bullseye they are using due to sponsorship

Quick Reply: is this a good turbo for a stock ls1