Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

National Speed Build: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Eric Berry - NZ1200 - 1,200hp+...

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010 | 09:28 AM
Teching In

Videos please...
Old 11-13-2010 | 03:00 AM
MCA
Teching In

Completely awesome, starting with the weldings,passing through the design of the twin turbo system and that rear end, that is art right there.

In just to say Congratulations National Speed and more videos like speedster94 said.
Old 11-13-2010 | 10:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Bad *** build for sure
Old 11-14-2010 | 08:41 PM
11 Second Club

Might be hard to get videos if it's been delivered to the customer already. Just tell him he has to bring it back for a "checkup".
Old 11-15-2010 | 04:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default chiefs inspired

I think this car has somehow inspired the Chiefs into winning a few games.

NationalSpeed I perdick other Chiefs will want to order the exact same awesome car from you.

I would like to know more about the boost controller like it's high setting and low setting ? are these setting 2 differnt tunes?

or is it simply increasing and decreasing boost?

Thanks

Last edited by badmfkr; 11-15-2010 at 04:56 AM.
Old 11-19-2010 | 12:29 PM
FormerVendor

Hey guys, apologies for the delay in updates and responses over the past month or so. Life at the shop became extremely hectic with this car running over on scheduled time, and it needing to get wrapped up and to Eric. Things are starting to get back to a stabilized level, and the NZ1200 has left on the truck en route to Kansas City.

A few pictures of the completed vehicle with Eric Berry's vehicle and wheel stripes, cleaned up and heading home;

The final Level-IV power setting dyno graph. 17psi, low ignition timing (15degrees), 11.5:1 air:fuel ratio across the loaded board, tuned for 91octane...

(between 1,290-1,300hp and 1,190-1,200ftlbs at the engine. So NZ1200 is a little underrated)

A few pictures of the photoshoot by Kyle McManus;

Flyin'...

Evil...

Work completed, testing completed, detail completed. Ready to roll...

Last ride in NZ1200, on the way to meet the transporter in a parking lot a mile away...

The transporter...

Ready to pull in...

Pulling in...

One last shot before she's sealed up...

Safe inside...

The car is en route to Kansas City. A couple National Speed personnel will be meeting the car at a dyno shop to ensure the tune is still precise with the atmospheric variance between 40ft above sea level (i.e. Wilmington) and 700-1,000ft above sea level (i.e. Kansas City). After that point, the car is being handed over to Eric, after a little information of how the car operates, and a test drive with a National Speed employee to illustrate the capabilities.

In closing, this was an incredible project to be involved with, and I had an absolute blast throughout the entire process, from conception to fruitation. NZ1200 is a colmination of many bright minds and skilled individuals working together towards one goal; build one insane sleeper street prowling, *** busting 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. I'd like to think we succeeded.

I want to extend a personal thanks to the following individuals and companies for their investment of both time, and expertise;

- The entire National Speed family that worked together on this project; Chris Polanski, Ben Salasko, Randy Haywood, John Faldzinski and Nick Tate.
- Chris Crawford. The National Speed technician that made this car come together with his skill and connections in the General Motors world.
- Jared Cullop at VPI Advisors. Jared's a great individual from both a personal and business perspective. Jared was an essential component in making Eric Berry's NZ1200 happen.
- Shawn and Ed at Virginia Speed. Without Shawn's expertise and his perfect engine in this car, NZ1200 wouldn't be half the animal it is. When you need a powerful, precise and reliable engine, look no further than Shawn Miller at Virginia Speed. I can't give enough thumbs up to these guys, outstanding individuals.
- Pete Basica at Pedders USA. When NZ1200 needed to handle like a super car, and outperform the competition, the only people I trusted with that goal are the fine people at Pedders USA. Pete Basica, Deb Basica and Jacie Clapper run an excellent business, and came through for us with this project big time.
- Thomas Hendrix at Hendrix Engineering. His input on the rear-end components for NZ1200 was crucial, as was his product that ended up in the rear of this car. His components helped support the bullet-proof consistency of the drivetrain. Great guy, great product and great support.
- Carl Rossler at Rossler Transmission. Carl Rossler and a 4L80E transmission. Say no more.
- Guy Atherton at HRE Wheels. Guy is known for going above and beyond with his service, and ensuring that quality is always first. When we needed custom wheels for this build, he was the only one to trust the project to. They came out beautifully, on time and as promised.
- John Marcella at Marcella Manifolds. Say no more, the Marcella intake manifold is NZ1200's crown on the engine. Beautiful form and beautiful function alike.
- Sebastian Domingo at NLR Systems. His AMS1000 boost controller is the heart of NZ1200's Variable Power On Demand system, and it works perfectly (as anyone who knows about NLR's quality could already tell you).
- Nick Williams. For his great performing 102mm throttle body.
- Joe at ProTorque. He designed one hell of a torque converter for us, the unit worked perfectly and as described. Awesome service and product as always.
- Lonnie Pavtis at Lonnies Performance. His fuel tank design met the fuel demands of NZ1200, and did so in an OEM-like manner. We couldn't ask for me, excellent product and service.
- Jake Niergarth at TiAL Sport. We wouldn't have any other blow-off valves or wastegates on this car, superb product and service.
- Patrick Rubio at Precision Turbo. For taking care of us with the turbochargers we needed to make NZ1200 come alive.
- The countless others involved. I apologize if I left anyone off, it was not intentional, but if you were involved in any way, thank you.

I hope you all enjoyed the process, and I want to thank you all for being part of the project as well.

Stay tuned for many more National Speed projects to come.

Last edited by Jordan_NationalSpeed; 11-19-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-20-2010 | 08:22 PM
TECH Addict

Best executed fifth gen to date, congrats guys! I hope he embarasses some bikes on the freeway in KC!
Old 11-20-2010 | 08:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Congratulations on an excellent project... You guys set the bar for quality work.

Thank you for selecting my product as part of your build.

Hopefully Eric is careful until he gets used to all that power. I'm sure it is a handful on street tires.
Old 11-21-2010 | 03:06 AM
11 Second Club

I can really call this Camaro peice of ART...

Awesome work again NationalSpeed...
Old 11-21-2010 | 01:17 PM
NLR
LS1TECH Sponsor

I should be thanking you for choosing NLR for your power management! Incredible build and glad we could be part of it!!!
Seb
Old 11-21-2010 | 01:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Amazing build, guys!
Old 11-22-2010 | 10:24 PM
Staging Lane

It truly is one rude ****.....Damn whata car>>>National Speed you guy's are true badass's.....Awesome! Eric better get used to getting his chest caved in
Old 11-23-2010 | 12:49 AM
FormerVendor

Very nice work. All involved should be proud.
Old 11-23-2010 | 01:40 AM
10 Second Club

you guys have set the bar in my option
Old 11-25-2010 | 08:58 PM
Turbo Addict

Absolutely incredible!!! Thanks so much for all the pictures. I must say, there have been only a couple times in my life where I have actually thought "yea...see, I am ok at fabricating".... as it turns out, I got nothing, absolutely nothing in comparison to the work you guys have done on this car. Can I say it again?...Incredible!!!
Old 03-08-2011 | 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jordan_NationalSpeed
Hey guys, apologies for the delay in updates and responses over the past month or so. Life at the shop became extremely hectic with this car running over on scheduled time, and it needing to get wrapped up and to Eric. Things are starting to get back to a stabilized level, and the NZ1200 has left on the truck en route to Kansas City.

A few pictures of the completed vehicle with Eric Berry's vehicle and wheel stripes, cleaned up and heading home;

The final Level-IV power setting dyno graph. 17psi, low ignition timing (15degrees), 11.5:1 air:fuel ratio across the loaded board, tuned for 91octane...

(between 1,290-1,300hp and 1,190-1,200ftlbs at the engine. So NZ1200 is a little underrated)

A few pictures of the photoshoot by Kyle McManus;

Flyin'...

Evil...

Work completed, testing completed, detail completed. Ready to roll...

Last ride in NZ1200, on the way to meet the transporter in a parking lot a mile away...

The transporter...

Ready to pull in...

Pulling in...

One last shot before she's sealed up...

Safe inside...

The car is en route to Kansas City. A couple National Speed personnel will be meeting the car at a dyno shop to ensure the tune is still precise with the atmospheric variance between 40ft above sea level (i.e. Wilmington) and 700-1,000ft above sea level (i.e. Kansas City). After that point, the car is being handed over to Eric, after a little information of how the car operates, and a test drive with a National Speed employee to illustrate the capabilities.

In closing, this was an incredible project to be involved with, and I had an absolute blast throughout the entire process, from conception to fruitation. NZ1200 is a colmination of many bright minds and skilled individuals working together towards one goal; build one insane sleeper street prowling, *** busting 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. I'd like to think we succeeded.

I want to extend a personal thanks to the following individuals and companies for their investment of both time, and expertise;

- The entire National Speed family that worked together on this project; Chris Polanski, Ben Salasko, Randy Haywood, John Faldzinski and Nick Tate.
- Chris Crawford. The National Speed technician that made this car come together with his skill and connections in the General Motors world.
- Jared Cullop at VPI Advisors. Jared's a great individual from both a personal and business perspective. Jared was an essential component in making Eric Berry's NZ1200 happen.
- Shawn and Ed at Virginia Speed. Without Shawn's expertise and his perfect engine in this car, NZ1200 wouldn't be half the animal it is. When you need a powerful, precise and reliable engine, look no further than Shawn Miller at Virginia Speed. I can't give enough thumbs up to these guys, outstanding individuals.
- Pete Basica at Pedders USA. When NZ1200 needed to handle like a super car, and outperform the competition, the only people I trusted with that goal are the fine people at Pedders USA. Pete Basica, Deb Basica and Jacie Clapper run an excellent business, and came through for us with this project big time.
- Thomas Hendrix at Hendrix Engineering. His input on the rear-end components for NZ1200 was crucial, as was his product that ended up in the rear of this car. His components helped support the bullet-proof consistency of the drivetrain. Great guy, great product and great support.
- Carl Rossler at Rossler Transmission. Carl Rossler and a 4L80E transmission. Say no more.
- Guy Atherton at HRE Wheels. Guy is known for going above and beyond with his service, and ensuring that quality is always first. When we needed custom wheels for this build, he was the only one to trust the project to. They came out beautifully, on time and as promised.
- John Marcella at Marcella Manifolds. Say no more, the Marcella intake manifold is NZ1200's crown on the engine. Beautiful form and beautiful function alike.
- Sebastian Domingo at NLR Systems. His AMS1000 boost controller is the heart of NZ1200's Variable Power On Demand system, and it works perfectly (as anyone who knows about NLR's quality could already tell you).
- Nick Williams. For his great performing 102mm throttle body.
- Joe at ProTorque. He designed one hell of a torque converter for us, the unit worked perfectly and as described. Awesome service and product as always.
- Lonnie Pavtis at Lonnies Performance. His fuel tank design met the fuel demands of NZ1200, and did so in an OEM-like manner. We couldn't ask for me, excellent product and service.
- Jake Niergarth at TiAL Sport. We wouldn't have any other blow-off valves or wastegates on this car, superb product and service.
- Patrick Rubio at Precision Turbo. For taking care of us with the turbochargers we needed to make NZ1200 come alive.
- The countless others involved. I apologize if I left anyone off, it was not intentional, but if you were involved in any way, thank you.

I hope you all enjoyed the process, and I want to thank you all for being part of the project as well.

Stay tuned for many more National Speed projects to come.
I guess we fall under the countless others. I am glad you posted these pictures since we never got any before.

We did your carbon fiber.

It sure looked sweet
Old 03-08-2011 | 07:55 PM
TECH Resident

60 million dollars, holy ****.
Old 03-09-2011 | 06:44 AM
TECH Addict

Stunning work guys! I really hope the owner thrashes the nuts off this thing at every opertunity! creations like this are built to be driven and driven hard not just looked at.
Old 03-15-2011 | 11:44 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 3g Services
I guess we fall under the countless others. I am glad you posted these pictures since we never got any before.

We did your carbon fiber.

It sure looked sweet
I was wondering who did the carbon fiber work for us. Great work! Chris Polanski (our company President) took care of that leg, I had no information in that realm.

I appreciate your chiming in.

Originally Posted by chuntington101
Stunning work guys! I really hope the owner thrashes the nuts off this thing at every opertunity! creations like this are built to be driven and driven hard not just looked at.
We appreciate the kind words.

And yes, Eric drives this car on a regular basis (and I do mean regular), and does "enjoy it quite a bit..."

Quick Reply: National Speed Build: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Eric Berry - NZ1200 - 1,200hp+...