Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

stall/gear suggestions to use with Brute Speed/EPP cam

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IT_SS
in thats case I might have to take up a buddy on a 4l80 offer, i need OD
you could use the th400 like a powerglide with OD. treat 2nd gear as the gear youll make it down the quarter by gearing the setup that way. Since 2nd has a higher ratio. I think zombie does this but youl lstill need a big of gearing. the T56 would work well in this application, or run a smaller cam and smaller ARs on the 4.8 and gear differently

EPP cam is similar to mine. at 4k i only made 175 rwhp thats a joke thats why i said you need gearing and converter. just think about it at 4k it made 175 hows that going to do at say 2k? yes you dont race there but you still drive there
Old 08-18-2010, 06:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
you could use the th400 like a powerglide with OD. treat 2nd gear as the gear youll make it down the quarter by gearing the setup that way. Since 2nd has a higher ratio. I think zombie does this but youl lstill need a big of gearing. the T56 would work well in this application, or run a smaller cam and smaller ARs on the 4.8 and gear differently

EPP cam is similar to mine. at 4k i only made 175 rwhp thats a joke thats why i said you need gearing and converter. just think about it at 4k it made 175 hows that going to do at say 2k? yes you dont race there but you still drive there
thats true, I think I'll follow my gut/you on this one, I'm not looking for optimal MPG, I just want to utilize my setup best I can

Quick Reply: stall/gear suggestions to use with Brute Speed/EPP cam