Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Hey blower/turbo guys... LS Fest

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 01:58 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Default Hey blower/turbo guys... LS Fest

LS Fest is just a few days away, and we're expecting some badass racing in Outlaw Radial, Unlimited, and all the other classes. If you have not heard of the race, check out www.lsfest.com.

Now, The TT5 class is focusing on tire limited single adder cars. If you guys or your buddies have a 88mm or small turbo car, or a blower with one of the following approved blower cars, come down to Kentucky and battle it out!

TT5 (True Ten Five)/ 275
This is a heads up class that is designed for GM LS powered cars with a power adder that are running on a True 10.5 wide slick or DOT 275 drag radial tire. GM LS powered vehicles only. Entries are limited to only one type of power adder. Class will qualify on a sportsman ladder and will run heads-up using a .400 pro tree. All vehicles must pass a NHRA/IHRA safety inspection for ET and speed.
WEIGHT BREAKS
All minimum weights are with driver.
POWER ADDER BASE CUBIC INCHES WEIGHT - Nitrous 420 3000
- Nitrous 440 3150
- Supercharger 420 3200 - Supercharger 440 3350 - Turbocharger 420 3400 - Turbocharger 440 3500
Maximum cubic inches for all combinations is 480. If actual cubic-inch is more than base cubic inch listing, there will be a weight penalty of 8.5 lbs per cubic inch assessed to base weights, up to the maximum cubic inch permitted in the class.
WEIGHT ADDER/DEDUCTS
- 4 bolt per cylinder OEM blocks deduct 50 lbs. - Superchargers +150 lbs.
- OEM composite or OEM style aluminum intakes deduct 25 lbs. - Sheet metal intakes +50 lbs.
- Dry sumps +50 lbs.
- Turbocharged/Supercharged entries without intercooler deduct 100 lbs. - Air to Air intercooler entries deduct 50 lbs.
- IRS to solid axle entries +75 lbs.
- True 88MM Turbo on a T4 frame at 3500 Lbs.
ENGINE: Must be a GM LS style block. Aftermarket cast iron or cast aluminum blocks permitted. Billet blocks prohibited. Four (4) bolt per cylinder OEM blocks deduct 50 lbs.
HEADS: Must be GM LS Based inline valve OEM or aftermarket cast aluminum head. Billet heads prohibited. Canted valve heads prohibited.
INTAKE MANIFOLD: OEM or aftermarket composite or OEM style cast aluminum
aftermarket intakes permitted deduct 25 lbs. Cast aluminum carburetor style intakes
permitted. Intake must be generally available and mass produced. Sheet metal intakes permitted +50 lbs.
NITROUS OXIDE: Nitrous Oxide entries are restricted to 1 stage fogger system, one-stage
plate system, or a two-stage single nozzle system. Progressive controllers permitted. Push systems permitted.
SUPERCHARGERS: Single Cog or gear driven superchargers are permitted. Entries may
use forward facing units, vehicles may NOT source air from hole in front bumper or valance.
PERMITTED SUPERCHARGERS: The following part numbers are the only permitted supercharger systems & exact units permitted:
- ZR1, LSA, 1900 AND TVS 2300 type Eaton 1900 and 2300 based supercharger. - Magnuson 112 and 2300
- Harrop 112-1900 and 2300 - Edelbrock 2300
- Whipple 2300
- Procharger-F1**, F1A**, F1C**, D1, D1X, D1R, P600, D1SC, P1SC, P1SC-2, P1SC-H - Vortech-XI**, YSI, V1, A, B, S-trim, Si-trim, V-3-Si-trim
- Paxton Novi 2000, SN, VR4, 1000
- Procharger F1R Prohibited **+150 lbs. to base weight
TURBOCHARGER: Maximum size 76.0mm/2.992-Inducer wheel diameter at the point
where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the inlet housing. All air entering the turbocharger must pass through the turbocharger inlet. Inlet housing is permitted a maximum inlet diameter of 3.072” where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the housing. Injection of any liquid, gas, or any other substance into the inlet or exhaust housing is prohibited. Turbocharger compressor wheel must be constructed of cast or billet aluminum. The tips of the impeller wheel may not be stepped, cut down, or notched to meet impeller tip-to-tip dimension (.500-inch will define the tip of the impeller wheel). Compressor wheel and housing may not be stepped, notched, or clipped; the contours must be continuous features from the inducer to the wheel exducer. Turbocharger combinations may NOT source air from hole in bumper or from valance of vehicle. Exotic material wheels Prohibited. Reducers prohibited.
SINGLE TURBOCHARGER 88MM: Accepted turbocharger permitted with the following
requirements: 1) Turbocharger must be of conventional impeller and housing design and type. 2) Turbocharger is limited to a maximum size of 88 mm/3.465” - inducer wheel diameter at the point where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the inlet housing. 3) Inlet housing is permitted a maximum inlet diameter of 3.545” where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the housing. 4) All air entering the turbocharger must pass through the turbocharger inlet. Injection of any liquid, gas, or any other substance into the inlet or exhaust housing is strictly prohibited. Turbocharger compressor wheel must be constructed of cast or billet aluminum. Exotic material wheels prohibited. The tips of the impeller wheel may not be stepped, cut down, or notched to meet impeller tip-to-tip dimension. Reducers prohibited.
INTERCOOLER: Intercooler may be air to air or air to water. Intercooler may not obstruct driver from exiting vehicle. Entries without intercooler deduct 100 lbs. Air to Air intercooler entries deduct 50 lbs.
CARBURETOR: A single 4150 or 4500 style carburetor permitted on all combinations. FUEL INJECTION: Fuel injection must be electronic. A maximum of one throttle body
permitted. Any size fuel injector permitted. Maximum of 8 injectors permitted.
Commercially available plug in chips and stock type add on systems accepted. Aftermarket EFI systems such as Holley, DFI, FAST, etc., are permitted. Laptops of any type are not permitted in vehicle during competition.
OILING SYSTEM: Dry sumps permitted. +50 lbs.
EXHAUST: Mufflers are required on all combinations. Exhaust may exit underneath car away from driver.
FUEL: Gasoline is the only accepted fuel. Methanol is prohibited.
AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION: Only OEM American automatic transmission allowed.
Converter driven planetary transmissions are prohibited. Electric shifters or air shifters are prohibited. Trans Brakes are permitted.
SUSPENSION: Stock style suspension cars only. Aftermarket bolt-on replacement front K- members are allowed (if front shocks bolt to K-member then they must be in factory location). Mini tubs are allowed. Stock unaltered frame rails required in front sub frame. Stock rear sub frames are required, but outer frame rail portion only may be notched for tire clearance only. When notching, stock inboard section of rear frame rails must remain stock, unaltered, and in stock location. Rear frame rails must remain in OEM stock condition in all areas. Four links and back half cars are prohibited. Aftermarket direct replacement components such as: front control arms, rear control arms, front coil over shocks, and rear coil over shocks are permitted. Aftermarket rack and pinion steering permitted. Bolt-on or welded sub-frame connectors, rear sway bars, are permitted on all cars. Torque arms are only permitted on cars that came originally equipped from factory (with exception of IRS conversion cars). Cars originally equipped with rear wheel drive Independent rear suspension will be permitted to convert to solid axle and OEM design torque arm i.e., Corvette, GTO, 5th Gen Camaro with a 75 lbs. weight adder.
WHEELIE BARS: Prohibited
BODY: The car must retain its original appearance, profiles, and dimensions. Factory roof and quarter panels must be used. Aftermarket fiberglass/carbon replacement panels are limited to hood. Aftermarket wings and spoilers are permitted. Complete stock appearing front and rear bumpers are required. A hood must cover the entire induction system. Only OEM style Forward facing hood scoops are permitted.
INTERIOR: Must maintain stock appearance; including factory OEM style dashboard,
headliner & steering column cover. Floor and tunnel where visible must be upholstered or carpeted. Seats must be upholstered OEM or aftermarket seats in stock location. Rear seat may be removed when roll bar/roll cage are installed; area must be carpeted or upholstered.
WINDSHIELD/WINDOWS: OEM safety glass or Lexan permitted.
STREET EQUIPMENT: Headlights, taillights and brake lights required. All headlights, brake lights, marker lights, etc. must be on car and not removed for any reason. All vehicles must be driven to the staging lanes, but may be towed back after crossing the scales.
TIRES: 275 DOT Drag radial or a 28.0” x 10.5” slick, (no “W” tires permitted) only. Actual measured tread of tire is limited to 10.75 inches. Tire width will be measured by a “go-no
go” gauge. Tire width will be measured after conclusion of run at scale area. Tire shaving is prohibited.
BALLAST: Must be NHRA/IHRA approved mounting - Maximum 100 lbs. per individual
weight bar. No loose or unsecured ballast allowed and will be grounds for disqualification. Vehicles are required to cross scales after each qualifying run and eliminations rounds. Vehicles must be driven to the lanes. Vehicle cannot be towed until it passes the scales.
EVENT DECALS: Holley LS Fest event decals will be run on all racing entries.
* Event organizers retain the right to modify these rules at any time to promote safety and fairness.
Payouts Winner $2,000 + Jacket + Plaque Runner-up $1,000 + Plaque
Semi-finalist
$400 Quarter-finalist $100 Certificate Good For Any Holley Family of Brands Product
Old 09-07-2010, 02:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TURBOCHARGER: Maximum size 76.0mm/2.992-Inducer wheel diameter at the point
where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the inlet housing. All air entering the turbocharger must pass through the turbocharger inlet. Inlet housing is permitted a maximum inlet diameter of 3.072” where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the housing. Injection of any liquid, gas, or any other substance into the inlet or exhaust housing is prohibited. Turbocharger compressor wheel must be constructed of cast or billet aluminum. The tips of the impeller wheel may not be stepped, cut down, or notched to meet impeller tip-to-tip dimension (.500-inch will define the tip of the impeller wheel). Compressor wheel and housing may not be stepped, notched, or clipped; the contours must be continuous features from the inducer to the wheel exducer. Turbocharger combinations may NOT source air from hole in bumper or from valance of vehicle. Exotic material wheels Prohibited. Reducers prohibited.
SINGLE TURBOCHARGER 88MM: Accepted turbocharger permitted with the following
requirements: 1) Turbocharger must be of conventional impeller and housing design and type. 2) Turbocharger is limited to a maximum size of 88 mm/3.465”
- inducer wheel diameter at the point where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the inlet housing. 3) Inlet housing is permitted a maximum inlet diameter of 3.545” where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the housing. 4) All air entering the turbocharger must pass through the turbocharger inlet. Injection of any liquid, gas, or any other substance into the inlet or exhaust housing is strictly prohibited. Turbocharger compressor wheel must be constructed of cast or billet aluminum. Exotic material wheels prohibited. The tips of the impeller wheel may not be stepped, cut down, or notched to meet impeller tip-to-tip dimension. Reducers prohibited.
is one for twin turbo and one for single? I have a S480(T6/80mm)...can I come play? I "should" be getting tuned on Thursday and need somewhere to make a few shakedown passes. I won't be anywhere near competitive, but would love to be with my LS peeps!
Old 09-07-2010, 02:14 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Up to a true single 88.

I don't know what an S480 is sizewise... is it an 80mm turbo?
Old 09-07-2010, 03:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Up to a true single 88.

I don't know what an S480 is sizewise... is it an 80mm turbo?
Yes it is, and by the rules it should be good I would think.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its going to be a good even for sure, but i cant race cause my street car is to fast for not having a cage lol...Tim, your car is looking good
Old 09-07-2010, 04:53 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

bring it playa
Old 09-08-2010, 09:31 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
bring it playa

Hope to....

Originally Posted by buick_lsx
its going to be a good even for sure, but i cant race cause my street car is to fast for not having a cage lol...Tim, your car is looking good

Thanks man, I haven't even told Brad that is the plan yet, hahaha. I dropped off the e-85 this morning for dyno-tuning. I'm coming by tonight to put on the CSR trans shield for the car....After that, it's on him! If he can get it dyno-tuned thursday night, I'll take off friday and haul it up there. My son's b-day is Saturday, so I'll probably miss at least Rd 2 qualifying, but if i can make friday night and maybe Sat night, it'll be worth it.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:00 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Good luck Tim, race should be a blast.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:13 PM
TECH Addict

Rolling out now
Old 09-08-2010, 09:11 PM
11 Second Club

i will be coming down from lexington on saturday and sunday. no ls car though.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:04 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Sounds like a good number of Outlaw Radial cars including the LMR black TA, and I think AtomicFusion and Koolrayz are coming, etc etc.....

Leaving soon we are getting there early.

Quick Reply: Hey blower/turbo guys... LS Fest