Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

The callies H-I or the I rod which to go with ? who running them ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The callies H-I or the I rod which to go with ? who running them ?

Im planning on a new motor boosted 427 4inch stroke. Which one of these rods would be better or stronger ?

any one running any of these two ?
Old 09-14-2010, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRich954RR
Im planning on a new motor boosted 427 4inch stroke. Which one of these rods would be better or stronger ?

any one running any of these two ?
Many are running the Callies standard H beams on here up to and beyond 1000 rwhp with great success. I don't know of many running Callies I beam rods as much as others like I believe Oliver and Howards I beam rods that are or seam much more popular with the guys making big power on I beams.

But those rods carry a hefty price tag too. It kind of comes down to the amount of power you are looking for and how hard the motor is going to be pushed. I opted to run the new H-I beams from Callies as they were recommended to me by Kurt Urban for my given application. Yes the regular H beams could have most likely worked for me but as he pointed out it is best to build over the power level you want instead of building for just your desired power level. Overkill is a good thing to me when it comes to making a 1000 rwhp car that you wish to be dependable and bullet proof for the street.

H-I rods from some comparisons I saw weight more than the standard H beam obviously and are about the same as some of those before mentioned I beam rods that people like, so I believe added material is the only reason they are so strong. Even looking at the Callies I beams their H-I actually weighs a few grams less so I beams that are strong come with a heavy weight. But like I said if price is a factor then the H-I beams are only $100 more and built tough enough to go above I think 1200 horsepower. Compstar I beams are $200 over the regular H beam which plenty on here have pushed to 1000 rwhp and above.

So just decide how much power you are wanting and go from there. I picked the next step above my desired level just to make it more bullet proof in my eyes and I also value Kurt Urban's recommendation above almost anyone else when it comes to these motors and these kinds of power levels. Best of luck to you bud.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we generally use the h beams to about 800-900hp after that we will use the i beams to around 1200-1300hp.Above that either billet or aluminum.

Quick Reply: The callies H-I or the I rod which to go with ? who running them ?