Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New build/combo..F1/370 Dyno Vids/results MORE BOOST!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 09:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump....any ideas on the clutch?
Old 10-05-2010, 10:39 AM
12 Second Club

Im running a Spec 4+. Its a solid disk on a solid hub. Been holding up just fine on big launches so far.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:36 PM
11 Second Club

Well I talked to guys at SNL performance today and let me say that their customer service is AMAZING!...the first thing they said when they looked at the pictures was where do you want a new disk sent! Bump for a great sponsor! I will take better pics and post them up.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by blue00ZZleeper
I already run meth lol...I plan on maxing out the blower on rpm so hopefully 17psi or so? If you read up a little bit I hope to make 730+ but LS1REDZ made 780 so I guess we'll see.
Nope didn't read up a little bit haha. Now I see it though. At 17 PSI with meth I'd be shocked if you didn't hit 780. Be careful spinning the D1SC too high now, don't want it to heat up, have the impeller expand hit the casing and screw everything up now. Should be a beast, no, a SAVAGE beast when it's all done I will demand an idle vid and in in car acceleration vid when all is said and done of course
Old 10-06-2010, 12:32 AM
11 Second Club

Noted...we'll make that happen...lol...I looks like it should sound pretty agressive. Running the meth outta keep IAT's down and the blower rpm will be right where shes designed for so I hope its ok there. The only problem is the trans at the moment...I need to come up with the $$$ to build it lol
Old 10-06-2010, 12:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

A stock T56 can handle up to ~900 hp before it breaks. Ask Tiago, he went through like 5 before he put in an auto in his TT TA. His were stockers too. I think you might surprise yourself and your trans will hold up quite well. Or you could snag a nicely priced 4L80E, slap a TansGo HD-2 Shift kit on it with some new clutches and call it a day. I can't wait till this thing is finished, I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished result haha. You'll have to give me advice on installing prochargers sometime in the next year or so ;]
Old 10-10-2010, 07:31 PM
11 Second Club

Well not to much new news here. I need poly motor mounts and some assorted gaskets and such to finish up the motor. I put on the valley cover/knock sensors, rocker arms/pushrods. Going to put in new front and rear main seals and throw the covers on. I'm going to paint the pan aluminum and put her on. Main problem is still the trans. I also want to cut out the Rad. support a little bit to stand up the radiator. Any suggestions on how to go about doing it? Also need to pin the dampner.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 173 Likes on 114 Posts

You should look into e85 if its available in your area..... meth inj is a bandaid compared to it.....
Old 10-10-2010, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can not wait to see this car running! Such a perfect build.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:06 AM
11 Second Club

I think once I get it sorted out I'll look into E-85. I also heard some rumors that they have a proposition in CA to get rid of fuels like E-85 as well so I'll need to watch that before I switch. It would be pretty bad *** to switch though. I should hopefully get the trans finished up within the next week or two. I want to figure out the radiator situation as well.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:12 PM
9 Second Club

how are things going buddy?
Old 10-12-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Regular

With a D1SC and the truck inlet hat you should not need to move the radiator. The truck hat fit with some wiggle room to spare on mine. I have not touched the radiator support or the fan shroud.

The stock fuel line will only get you to about 700 give or take. Mine couldn't keep up with the demand at about that and pressure was starting to fall off. I just got done running a new feed and converted the stock line to a return with a new regulator up front.

Since you have the iron block, don't forget to drill and tap the top alternator mounting position since that is the third mounting point for the Procharger bracket. It doesn't look like it has been done in the pictures you posted.

Max the blower out, with the meth and if your fuel holds up it should be more than capable of passing your 730hp goal.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:03 AM
11 Second Club

Yea I still need to drill and tap it. How far in do I need to go? I'll check the studs with a thread pitch gauge. I'll need one of your blower bracket's as well here soon. I plan on running the stock feed with a FPR and use the evap line as a return for a bandaide for now. I guess I'll just go with the truck inlet then...seems to work without to much modification. Any other advice or ideas?
Old 10-13-2010, 12:24 AM
TECH Regular

The hole is M10 x 1.5 thread pitch. I'm not sure on the depth you need to go, check the bottom hole that is already there, if it is through then go the same thickness of the piece of the block, otherwise stick a toothpick or something in there for it.

I still have one here.

You might have to tweak the intercooler piping a little with the truck hat since it angles the filter toward the front of the bumper.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:40 PM
11 Second Club

That'll be fine with me!....all i know is I need one...now I just need the cash lol
Old 10-17-2010, 04:15 PM
11 Second Club

Well I did a lot of research on the drilling and tapping. I'm not 100% sure which spot you guys are talking about. I know I need to drill and tap the bung by the Alt. L bracket under the driverside head. Is there another spot? A buddy and I were looking at the mounting bracket and how it mounts. We're looking at taking a piece of rod, drilling and tapping it and welding it to the block where the top Alt. bolt goes through. That will give us the 3rd mounting point. I also want to look at making a bracket to bolt to either the head or water pump that will bolt to the idler pully bracket. Any suggestions? I'll try to highlite it in the pics.

I'll take a couple more photos of what I'm talking about.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
A stock T56 can handle up to ~900 hp before it breaks. Ask Tiago, he went through like 5 before he put in an auto in his TT TA. His were stockers too. I think you might surprise yourself and your trans will hold up quite well. Or you could snag a nicely priced 4L80E, slap a TansGo HD-2 Shift kit on it with some new clutches and call it a day. I can't wait till this thing is finished, I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished result haha. You'll have to give me advice on installing prochargers sometime in the next year or so ;]

stock-t-56?

yeah.definitely.not.his.weren't.stock.either.

Chad
Old 10-17-2010, 04:31 PM
TECH Regular

In the first picture the tab right behind the top alternator hole is where the hole is supposed to be as far as I can tell.

Here is a picture of my block. The tab on the right hand side of the picture a little bit down from the right side of the head. In you pictures this spot does not have the hole. I am not sure if there are any others needed or not.
Attached Thumbnails New build/combo..F1/370  Dyno Vids/results MORE BOOST!-p1020270.jpg  
Old 10-17-2010, 04:35 PM
11 Second Club

Now for the experimental stuff lol. First pic is of the mounting spots. The other pics are of the idler pulley and where I want to fab another bracket to bolt up to either the water pump or head.

The white dot is where I know I need to drill and tap. The red dot is where the bolt goes through the upper Alt. mounting holt. Thats where I want to weld the bung, drill and tap it. Then I can run a bolt through it which will make the bracket more stable. Also, if it was to flex to much, it would just break the weld and the block would be intact. I think I saw that people drilled where the red dot is? If so I dont think thats a good idea. I wouldnt want to drill into the water jacket or if the bracket flexed to much, break the block or pull the threads out.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:43 PM
11 Second Club

Also got to pin the crank, put the front/rear covers on and bolted up the pan. Spent most of the time pondering the blower bracket situation. Aster, does your bracket mout up the same way? I dont want to do wall this work and yours mounts different. Whats your bracket made out of? Aluminimum or steel?

Quick Reply: New build/combo..F1/370 Dyno Vids/results MORE BOOST!