Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

And again, more pics of the "awesome turbo kit"

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just passed by this thread and had to post. I was just gonna ignore it but i feel like i have to help my name not get too bashed for this sale. I sold this kit for a buddy of mine who was gonna turbo his 98 Z28. he got an audit and ended up having ot choke up alot of money or go to jail. I sold this kit for him and he even used my account a couple times to communicate with "Whywhine." after the kit was sold, i received an email while i was on vacation in Hawaii. I spoke to my buddy and he admitted he did a shady job the welding and agreed to whywhine's $200 to fix his gripes and mistakes. i figured the 200 would settle it and in the email he explained that everything was relaxed and he didnt wanna do business with me again. i understood that and thought it was all squashed. i get an email a few weeks later complaining about something else with fitment and stuff. He has his own legal issues to worry about and probably may be going to jail soon. now i understand the risk i took saling a part for someone and willing to take the criticism as it was sold under my name but when I gave back a partial refund, i didnt do it so he could complain about something else. He also claims he will pollute my for sale threads with pics and "info" about the quality of my parts. I would assume that would be grounds for harrassment anyway and I WILL pursue it with mods help if need be. I made a mistake selling this kit and i apologized a hundred times and made a deal which refunded almost half the money which will more than pay for the time to get it properly welded and fixed. Now please delete this thread and act a little more professionally about this. I met you halfway and would appreciate it if you did the same for me. We're all grown men and women in here and we should act like it.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:39 PM
12 Second Club

Tig welding FTW.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:48 PM
Restricted User

that's all i do now is TIG. I'm saving up for a Miller right now. I love my little buzz box though.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:56 PM
10 Second Club

I have no dog in this fight but I will say I appreciate you responding.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Restricted User

I wasnt going to but i hate to see my name get killed like this and i can understand if people get a bad opinion of me. I realize that what i sold represented my name and i should have looked it over and know what i sold before i posted it. Lesson learned i guess. i just hope this all passes without too much of a bad time. Once again I sincerely apologize to Whywhine.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

You told me that you built this kit! I've got the pm's to prove it. And you tried to tell me not to worry about the horrible welds, it will work perfect. Even though there are holes the size of my fingernail, and the turbo doesn't even come close to fitting. Isn't it against the rules to sell items for "friends" anyways? So you're either bold face lying to me about you building the kit, or to all of ls1tech and saying your friend built it? Which is it mr. professional? I will not delete this thread, I believe everyone who is questioning buying something from you, deserves to see how you conduct business.

Yes we agreed on $200 for repairs for the horrible welds, NOT for a hotside that doesn't even come close to fitting. This hotside is garbage, period. Since I can't get my money back I'll make sure everyone knows the type of seller you are.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:31 PM
12 Second Club

Lmao. I feel so bad for you man.... but u should of however asked for pix of everything. Mocked up and everything. I know I did when buying mine!
Old 09-30-2010, 06:54 PM
SSZ
TECH Fanatic

Dont worry the water pump will clearance itself. Shitty deal dude
Old 09-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Launching!

refund the rest of the money period. what a joke. how do you even fab something that clearly doesn't fit?
Old 09-30-2010, 08:02 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by whywhine
You told me that you built this kit! I've got the pm's to prove it. And you tried to tell me not to worry about the horrible welds, it will work perfect. Even though there are holes the size of my fingernail, and the turbo doesn't even come close to fitting. Isn't it against the rules to sell items for "friends" anyways? So you're either bold face lying to me about you building the kit, or to all of ls1tech and saying your friend built it? Which is it mr. professional? I will not delete this thread, I believe everyone who is questioning buying something from you, deserves to see how you conduct business.

Yes we agreed on $200 for repairs for the horrible welds, NOT for a hotside that doesn't even come close to fitting. This hotside is garbage, period. Since I can't get my money back I'll make sure everyone knows the type of seller you are.
it is against the rules and I understand if i get banned. I told you he used my account a couple of times when i was busy. again against the rules and I'll take what i have coming if its necessary. and when "I" was used in response, I'm sure he was referring to himself and not "me." that's ok i understand your need to make a thread like this and if more people were as proactive as you then there would be a lot less bunk deals and scams for fear of public humiliation. it fit on the mock motor and should fit on yours. maybe your welder pulled it when he "repaired" it. who knows but since this problem occurred after it was modified to your liking I cannot feel justified to refund you the money.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:34 PM
TECH Regular

Wow. Who ever welded that must be either blind or not know how to weld whatso ever. Sorry about your bad deal. Definatley requires a full refund.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Banned

transammiller,

While your saving up for you new TIG are saving up to Sponsor the board? Building and selling setups in the FS section isnt gonna last.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by transammiller
it is against the rules and I understand if i get banned. I told you he used my account a couple of times when i was busy. again against the rules and I'll take what i have coming if its necessary. and when "I" was used in response, I'm sure he was referring to himself and not "me." that's ok i understand your need to make a thread like this and if more people were as proactive as you then there would be a lot less bunk deals and scams for fear of public humiliation. it fit on the mock motor and should fit on yours. maybe your welder pulled it when he "repaired" it. who knows but since this problem occurred after it was modified to your liking I cannot feel justified to refund you the money.
Everything you just said makes me fully believe that you are a liar and a con artist.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It looks like this was fabbed (hacked) with an "On Center" turbine housing instead of the common Tangetial housing. If that's the case, you might be okay as far as clearance goes. But you'll be limited on turbo sizes. Definately Dog **** though. Great work dude! You're gonna make a killing on here lol.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im sorry for your situation bro, I knew there was a reason why i didnt do business with him, he rubbed me the wrong way more then once,

or i supose it couldve been his friend.

Sorry man. i hate seeing people get screwed out of there hard earned cash.

Last edited by JAX04; 09-30-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

Lmao! I haven't touched the kit with a ******* welder yet, dingle dick. There's no need in even trying to repair it now. There's no way in hell it will fit. Man you are a piece of work. And if it being welded on would pull it all in that far, that's some more awesome points for your welding ability.

And I do hope this puts people on the offensive when it comes to buying from private idividuals on here. Wish I would not have trusted you as much now.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:52 PM
Restricted User

not looking to become a sponsor. not building anymore kits.

not sure how i rubbed you the wrong way Jax but sorry if i made a bad impression on ya.

not a liar or con artist, just made a bad decision without fully knowing what was going on.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So you did make the kit? You just admitted it.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Restricted User

i only built the kit for my car. i never said i built this kit. oh well i feel a strong banhammer coming as i have broken ALOT of rules.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:01 PM
TECH Regular

not looking to become a sponsor. not building anymore kits.

not sure how i rubbed you the wrong way Jax but sorry if i made a bad impression on ya.

not a liar or con artist, just made a bad decision without fully knowing what was going on.
Refund the man his money to clear your name. Your story about your friend going to jail is fine and dandy but it's your name on the line here. Is this $600 really worth being labeled as a scam artist? I hope you do the right thing...

Quick Reply: And again, more pics of the "awesome turbo kit"