Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

maxing out my F1 blower

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default maxing out my F1 blower

I have a ls2 gto F1 blower running on the factory 6 rib belt line, current pulleys are stock crank pulley, 4.25 blower pulley, with a 10psi waste gate to keep boost down on the stock engine,
I was reading on some other forums about ford lightnings running a over sized crank pulley to increase boost instead of going smaller on the blower, If i go with a 8.5 crank pulley i will max my blower out a 6500rpm with the 4.25 blower pulley so I can try to keep belt slip down, but im worried about over spinning the P/S pump, and all the other accessories,
do you guys think there will be any issues with this
anybody tell me what boost level i will be at roughly?
fully built stock cube, healthy cam, stock heads
Old 10-05-2010, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

What about an 8" crank pulley instead?
Old 10-05-2010, 06:47 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Question

Originally Posted by 9sectruck
I have a ls2 gto F1 blower running on the factory 6 rib belt line, current pulleys are stock crank pulley, 4.25 blower pulley, with a 10psi waste gate to keep boost down on the stock engine,
I was reading on some other forums about ford lightnings running a over sized crank pulley to increase boost instead of going smaller on the blower, If i go with a 8.5 crank pulley i will max my blower out a 6500rpm with the 4.25 blower pulley so I can try to keep belt slip down, but im worried about over spinning the P/S pump, and all the other accessories,
do you guys think there will be any issues with this
anybody tell me what boost level i will be at roughly?
fully built stock cube, healthy cam, stock heads
I could see using a larger crank pulley if you were out of boost, but you're already using a waste gate to keep boost down to keep the stock engine alive. Why do you want to push the blower even harder which will require reliving even more boost. Working the blower harder can increase the inlet air temps and may also cause more belt slippage. You main problem is trying to use the F-1R with the stock 6 rib belt set-up, which I just don't see it working. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 10-05-2010, 06:55 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
You main problem is trying to use the F-1R with the stock 6 rib belt set-up, which I just don't see it working. Bob
^ This
Old 10-05-2010, 09:40 PM
11 Second Club

I could see using a larger crank pulley if you were out of boost, but you're already using a waste gate to keep boost down to keep the stock engine alive. Why do you want to push the blower even harder which will require reliving even more boost

^
This as well...hell it was all correct bob lol. To the OP...thats just silly to pully her down for more rpm when you dont use the boost anyway...get a forged motor and a 8rib setup then go game on
Old 10-05-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

fully built stock cube, healthy cam, stock heads[/QUOTE] (first post)
this engine is being built, waste gate will be taken off once the engine is forged, I know its asking a alot from a 6rib,
Old 10-06-2010, 12:36 AM
11 Second Club

I doubt the 6rib will do much more then it is now. Start piecing out the parts to upgrade.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
I could see using a larger crank pulley if you were out of boost, but you're already using a waste gate to keep boost down to keep the stock engine alive. Why do you want to push the blower even harder which will require reliving even more boost. Working the blower harder can increase the inlet air temps and may also cause more belt slippage. You main problem is trying to use the F-1R with the stock 6 rib belt set-up, which I just don't see it working. Bob
x2 my F1A slips the freaking 8 rib!
Old 10-06-2010, 11:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The 6 rib with F1 supercharger will be problematic. I think the 8 rib will still have issues. A 12 rib should turn the F1, even better if it's 8 inch.

Kurt
Attached Thumbnails maxing out my F1 blower-dscf3553.jpg   maxing out my F1 blower-dscf3552.jpg  

Quick Reply: maxing out my F1 blower