Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Future mild Procharger build

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 09:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Future mild Procharger build

hey guys im considering going to a procharger here soon. im running a stock bottom end LS1 and was wondering if the procharger kits are CARB legal for california and also how big of a camshaft would i be able to run and still slip by passing smog thanks for any info
Old 10-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The P1SC-1 models are CARB legal. Anything higher is not. If I was in your situation, I would get a P1SC-1 kit with either the SDCE or Aster setup so you can run higher boost instead of putting in a larger camshaft. However are you planning to put it on the car you have in your signature? Looks like you have a good amount of non-passing mods.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:23 PM
Launching!

yeah i do have quite a few non CARB legal mods but other than the exhaust everything else looks factory to a regular smog guy and i do run cats so it passes sniffer just fine. im not familiar with the SDCE or Aster setup are these sold by a vendor or something? and whats the typical output with like 8psi from a procharger on an LS1
Old 10-27-2010, 07:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So how do you pass smog if you fail the visual? I say **** it....there ways around that stuff. I passed smog with a 224/224 114lsa cam.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Launching!

yeah im not really worried about visual at all... i have a dude who doesnt really care all he cares about is when its plugged into the machine what happens. thats why im looking for more info on the biggest cam i can run
Old 10-27-2010, 11:40 PM
11 Second Club

I think that cams about it.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:55 PM
TECH Resident

my brother has a 224 cam in his 03 Z06 with longtubes and cats and he passes the sniffer portion as well. Go with a p1sc if you are concerned and yes sdce is a sponsor I think aster is too. But if he is not he is a member on this forumn. search his threads. And you can get a blower cam in the 224 range if so desired.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

SDCE is no longer a sponsor and a bit hard to get a hold of. But I have gotten through after a few calls.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:40 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

The only ProCharger systems that are CARB approved are the ones that come with the their tune. As a general rule of thumb the P-1SC is the only blower that ProCharger sells with a tune, the D-1SC is not available with a tune from ProCharger. This applies to our LS engines. The tune will only work for basically stock vehicles with only exhaust modifications, etc. It won't work with a cam change. This does not mean that someone couldn't order the complete system so they get the carb approved sticker, then do what they want with their system and engine, and get the car retuned. They still have to contend with how they're going to pass the sniffer test when there time is up. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 10-30-2010, 05:44 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by blades11b
yeah i do have quite a few non CARB legal mods but other than the exhaust everything else looks factory to a regular smog guy and i do run cats so it passes sniffer just fine. im not familiar with the SDCE or Aster setup are these sold by a vendor or something? and whats the typical output with like 8psi from a procharger on an LS1
140 extra rwhp is about what you will see with 8 psi of boost with a ProCharger system. You shouldn't have to worry about belt slippage with the eight rib ProCharger system at just 8 psi. I ran with 7 psi for three years with the older D-1SC 6 rib system and never had any belt slippage. I don't think we ever changed the belt during these three years either. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: Future mild Procharger build