Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

custom griffin rad

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recieved the Griffin I ordered this week. It is going to fit perfectly and Is super well built. I have no doubt this will be 200 times better then the be cool joke i had before. I will try and get some pics up soon with it out of the car and in the car.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you ever get it installed?
Old 05-20-2012, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been mounted in the car but haven't got the car started yet hoping to be turning key in the next 2 months or so Ill put some updates in the future...
Old 05-31-2012, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you are asking about my radiator, yes it is installed. Works perfectly so far. I did order a wider and taller one then most. I was already cutting out the radiator support and making a new one. I moved everything as far forward as possible. I also notched the frame rails on both sides about a quarter inch to make room for the wider radiator. It all fits perfectly. I was able to mount the GT-88 turbo on the drivers side up high like planed. It all fits perfectly. I have not drove the car yet. I have not worked on the car in 6 months. I have been side tracked buying guns and horses. LOL!

But I can say I can leave the car running for hours and the engine never gets over 170 degrees. The fans actually turn on for a few minutes and go back off. They never would do that before.

Griffin radiators are defenatly the best. Not the cheapest but defenetly the best.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Also I did not instal the radiator I first ordered. I sold it to a friend of mine. He needed it sooner then I did. I ordered another one exactly like it except I went with a 31"X19"X4" with the 1.5" tubs. I had the room for it after all the modifications so why not go with one slightly bigger? It all fits perfectly. I also ordered a remote trans cooler from them. It is the biggest one they sell. They use it on their Baha 1000 race trucks. It is huge compared to other trans coolers. No doubt this thing will cool. I cut the bottom of the trunk out and installed a new floor up high so now my trunk is flat. I installed the Griffin trans cooler under the new floor. It came with its own fan. I think it is a total of 9" thick. I need to get a therostatic valve for it now to keep a minumal temp. So my radiator does not have the trans cooler in it. I decided to keep them seperate so the trans brake does not heat the engine coolent any. I am getting ready to order the custom intercooler from them next.

Quick Reply: custom griffin rad