Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Artic White 67 Camaro Forged Ls1 Iron Block Turbo Build *UPDATE 4/5/11 X-OVER WELDED*

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did get a little done today, got the balancer off the cover off and tomorrow im getting a new front seal just cause i know ill mess the other off changing it, and i also need to find a balancer installation tool of some sort, maybe make one. and i need to know what the sensor is on the driver side block right above the oil filter. i have to either plug it or get a sensor to plug it if anyone knows the thread and size i would appreciate it.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have a pic of the sensor hole in question?
Old 01-16-2011, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

Default Ever paint a car before?

Ever Paint a car before? I just discovered this thread. Great build! I am doing a similar DIY build in my garage.

I bought a 74 camaro roller for 600.00 with no engine or trans. (really wanted a 67-69 but couldnt afford it). I am putting my Lq4 in it with edelbrock pro flo XT intake and 02 Z06 cam and S400 75 mm turbo. Car will have turbo 400 trans 3.73 gears and air to air intercooler with home made meth injection on pump gas, Street/strip weekend warrior car. I will control it with mega squirt for fuel and MSD box for timing.

Anyways your paint looks great! Did you use wookies how to paint dvd off the nasty Z28 site? I want to paint it in my garage too. I have never painted a car before. I will do everything myself on a super budget too. Did you ever wet sand it? May I ask how much ya spent to paint it? White looks great on that car. Did you want that color or does it hide flaws good etc? I know black shows everything. Sorry newb to painting. I will paint mine silver with the dual black chevy stripes on the fiberglass cowl hood and trunk deck.

Great build. Any advice on painting your own car for 1st time will be greatly appreciated.

Hpbob1
Old 01-19-2011, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hpbob1
Ever Paint a car before? I just discovered this thread. Great build! I am doing a similar DIY build in my garage.

I bought a 74 camaro roller for 600.00 with no engine or trans. (really wanted a 67-69 but couldnt afford it). I am putting my Lq4 in it with edelbrock pro flo XT intake and 02 Z06 cam and S400 75 mm turbo. Car will have turbo 400 trans 3.73 gears and air to air intercooler with home made meth injection on pump gas, Street/strip weekend warrior car. I will control it with mega squirt for fuel and MSD box for timing.

Anyways your paint looks great! Did you use wookies how to paint dvd off the nasty Z28 site? I want to paint it in my garage too. I have never painted a car before. I will do everything myself on a super budget too. Did you ever wet sand it? May I ask how much ya spent to paint it? White looks great on that car. Did you want that color or does it hide flaws good etc? I know black shows everything. Sorry newb to painting. I will paint mine silver with the dual black chevy stripes on the fiberglass cowl hood and trunk deck.

Great build. Any advice on painting your own car for 1st time will be greatly appreciated.

Hpbob1
thanks for lookin, all i used was a dvd from house of color from there painter john kosmoski, to this day it still isnt wet sanded or buffed out yet and still looks great ill prolly hire someone around here to do that to get the ultimate shine on. i also never wet sanded the primer which most people might frown upon but u can get just a good a paintjob by drysanding and the paint sticks better cause i only had to go to 320 and 400. it cost me about 600 bucks not including most of the equipment ( got a damn good paint gun and a damn good primer gun devilbiss gti-620g and devilbis pri.) i chose white at first to help hide anything i messed up on bein my first paint job however im so glad i did i have fell in love with artic white and u dont see many like it. my only advice to u is preperation is key. make sure the place ur spraying is super clean and u have one way ventalation out. and dont sand where ur gonna spray. take ur time sanding and make it ur priority because the spraying is easy and doesnt really take much skill however sanding is the hard part get a good set of durablock sanding blocks dont just hand or da sand. i didnt use a da at all on my car just good old fashion elbow grease. took me about 40 hrs of sanding to get it close to ready. trust me the sanding is whats gonna make or break u. mine was pretty hard i did it during the hottest heatwave our county had last year and did it in the sun with a fan blowing on me and working in 10 hr shifts of sanding. but u can do this its worth the hard work and u get so much more out of it. but whatever u do dont rush take ur time. u should post some pics of ur build or start a build thread. also do u already have the megasquirt? if not i actually have one layin around if u need it.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tsnow678
Do you have a pic of the sensor hole in question?
i can get one its a big sensor in the side of the block but ill get a pic off my old engine
Old 01-21-2011, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

Default What version Mega squirt?

Hi RNation001,

Thanks for all the advice on paint and body work. Yes that artic white looks really good and works on that car! From the pics it looks like ya did a great job for a 1st paint job. Especially in a garage! What version Mega Squirt do you have? Do you also have the stimulator? Is the mega squirt built yet?

I haven't started my build thread yet because my income has slowed way down due to the economy. So I haven't been spending on the car buying the parts I need to go forward. In this economy my build may take 2 years like yours! lol I figured when I can spend some money buying a lot of parts I need and really start moving on the car I will start my build thread. Here are a couple of pics of my 600.00 roller and LQ4 I will put a cam, turbo and intake on.

Hpbob1
Attached Thumbnails Artic White 67 Camaro Forged Ls1 Iron Block Turbo Build *UPDATE 4/5/11 X-OVER WELDED*-camarohome-006.jpg   Artic White 67 Camaro Forged Ls1 Iron Block Turbo Build *UPDATE 4/5/11 X-OVER WELDED*-camarohome-003.jpg   Artic White 67 Camaro Forged Ls1 Iron Block Turbo Build *UPDATE 4/5/11 X-OVER WELDED*-camarohome-010.jpg  
Old 01-21-2011, 08:42 AM
FormerVendor

Awesome project. *applauds*
Old 01-21-2011, 10:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That's a nice car should be fun. I can't remember what version I'll check when I get off. I do have the simulator wiring harness and also the relay board.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Default Like using mega squirt, what version?

Hi RNation001,

That sheet metal intake looks awesome and cool on your motor in the engine bay. That’s the main reason I will use the edelbrock pro flo XT intake cause it looks so cool and is basically a factory sheet metal style intake at an affordable price.

Sounds like your Mega squirt and stimulator is already assembled. Did you use it on a car yet? If so what motor and how were your results? How did ya like it, and how hard was it to learn how to tune it? Did you need to use a chassis dyno to tune it? Why aren’t you using it on the camaro? Just curious. Did you find out what version mega squirt it is? Thanks Dude!

Thanks Jordan national speed on the project comment. Yes I like this 74 camaro roller. Only drawback is it weighs a little more, but the turbo should take care of some of that! lol If things keep picking up at work I will start my build thread soon within a few weeks

Hpbob1
Old 01-22-2011, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Forgot to check. Only used to start an old tpi 350 a few times then sold the car. Seems easy to use but the reason I didn't use it was lack of tuning knowledge. I could use one now but when I built it I wasn't as smart on tunin as now. Another reason is that it's a bank fire fuel injection system not a true sequential so the gas mileage won't be as good with it as a stock computer.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Update 1/29/2011 ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok well today was pretty good, managed to get most of the accessories mounted up, filled up the tranny, bled the fuel system and hooked up all the rest of the sensors. still dont have the radiator or serp belt but working on it. did get to start it up today tho. and found two leaks from my dumbness where i forgot to plug a couple galley holes in the block but after that it was golden, enough chit chat heres the vids, shitty sound ill get some better ones soon

First Start when we found the oil leaks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yIbbB3-0hk

Second Start was Smooth sailing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6T47FIH-5o
Old 01-29-2011, 09:55 PM
10 Second Club

bad ***!!
Old 01-30-2011, 09:56 AM
TECH Addict

Congrats!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks guys still got a long way to go but a major step to going fast
Old 02-01-2011, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Quick update 2-1-2011

Picked up a master power 76 mm turbo with 1.0 ar. Hopefully it'll be good for what I want. Anyone use this turbo.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RNation0001
Quick update 2-1-2011

Picked up a master power 76 mm turbo with 1.0 ar. Hopefully it'll be good for what I want. Anyone use this turbo.
P or Q trim?
Old 02-02-2011, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

q trim, im not exactly turbo smart yet although i know quite a bit. whats the difference between p and q
Old 02-10-2011, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well i got my Turbo in today heres a couple pics

Old 02-10-2011, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Looking good! Your well on your way no turning back now. Good luck to you and keep the pics coming.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ill try. next week my work is sending me once a week for like 3 months to a welding class so im hoping to weld my crossover in this class, i can weld its just not to pretty yet

Quick Reply: Artic White 67 Camaro Forged Ls1 Iron Block Turbo Build *UPDATE 4/5/11 X-OVER WELDED*