Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

APS TT kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 11:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default APS TT kit

was lookin around at some turbo kits and all, was researching on here and seein what yall had and what not, so far i like the APS TT kit they sell for the trans ams
nonsponser that doesnt sell fbody kits.

would this be over kill for small boost aplication/DD? lookin to make some were between 400-500HP stock ls1 about 8psi or what ever the tuner (or yall) recommend for a reliable boost setting

was also wondering were can u buy this kit at? site didnt seem to have an order spot that i saw. what are some other kits that could possibly suit my small boost application that is cheaper but still a good kit like this, and how much more stuff minus the K member and injectors (dosnt look like it comes with any) would i have to get for this kit to be "complete"?

Last edited by smokinHawk; 11-16-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:10 AM
12 Second Club

They don't sell kits for f-bodies anymore, you could possibly find a used one. If you don't need A/C you can buy mine. It's everything you need minus the turbo itself.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes don't think they sell f body kits anymore. They may have some left. If you can find one used that could be a good deal. APS was likely knowingly or unknowingly selling chinese knock off turbos in the f body kits as many on here had premature failures.You can get ebay replacement center cartridges or you can get upgraded centers like LG ones but the LG are very pricey.The centers are just standard 20g cartridges, aps uses their own exhaust housings though.
With aps kit you would need kmember from bmr ,think umi might work. And of course you will need tuning, and fuel system upgrading for 500rwhp to maybe 600rwhp range single intank pump with 60 pounders would suffice. For more than that twin pumps ,bigger lines, and maybe 80s or even bigger if you are going to run e85 would be the way to go.
APS has some things on the kit that need addressing. Inlet tubes can suck shut at higher boost levels ,some guys stent them or bought upgraded ones. Sway bar can hit on pipes, some guys leave it off or make spacers. Cars tend to overheat with air on especially around town. I am not having that much luck with that in mine even though put in expensive rad, high flow water pump, 160 stat and redline water wetter and turn fans on at like 160. I may remove my air or may play around with things like burkhart front bumper trying to get more airflow. I have a ta and so far have not removed fog lights or front liscence plate cover which might help. Also running iron block,my turbos were not running the water cooling since one was defective and leaking coolant into oil and also have my trans cooler going thru the rad.
Other than the above the aps kit seemed to be high quality. Piping,fit of kit,overall workmanship was high. Good instruction manual. Kit took a lot of time for installation but overall install went well. Results several have gotten great results with the aps kit but as said too many of the base turbos failed.
Modular turbo is working on their single and twin kits and think should be ready in a couple more months. Might be the way to go. Or you can fab up/piece together a kit yourself.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THEY STILL HAVE ABOUT 100 KITS LEFT TO SELL. i ordered 3 last week. lol.

to OP minus the turbo issues you cant get a better kit for the buck. but the kit. run your stock APS turbos till they break. with you only wanting 500 horse your stock turbos should last awhile.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:35 AM
TECH Resident

ight cool, thanks for info, it wont be for about a month or so so might look at the modular kit, wanna try to get one new so, were would u order a APS kit from? if that link works then this comp at work dosnt let me go to it lol
Old 11-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Banned

sorry not a link. just a color so people see it.

and my company is a dealer you them. but i cant sell you one on here. i dont want baned. lol.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:32 AM
TECH Resident

ahh ok, and ight lol np man
Old 11-16-2010, 05:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love my APS kit. Even though there is some things to work out with it to make it a truley awesome kit.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:48 PM
TECH Resident

What is the price of this kit? Does the piping tuck up nicely? There is no way I could live with a kit that has piping running under the K-member or hanging to far below the radiator support.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:05 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BadgeZ28
What is the price of this kit? Does the piping tuck up nicely? There is no way I could live with a kit that has piping running under the K-member or hanging to far below the radiator support.
by no means does any of the pipes go under the k-member.
are you thinking of some other kit? i what to say a icon kit does that but i could be worng.

here was my car a few years ago
Old 11-16-2010, 06:26 PM
TECH Resident

That looks good Tom. Is the aftermarket K-member mandatory?
Old 11-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Banned

yes kmember is manditory.

call Lee at BMR, ask him for Custom APS BMR turbo kmember. he will get you what you need
Old 11-17-2010, 01:00 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
yes kmember is manditory.

call Lee at BMR, ask him for Custom APS BMR turbo kmember. he will get you what you need
YES the custom k-member is the way to go i have had both, and custom APS one they make is SO much nicer than. alot more space for everything

Quick Reply: APS TT kit