Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Mr Freeze meth injection??? Anyone use it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 03:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
yes but the money in that car is staggering. im pretty sure the OP doesnt have a quarter million dollars in his car......
You dont HAVE to have a quarter million dollars in ur car to use meth injection.....

he said there was no substitute for high octane, when there is. meth. no matter if u got 2k or 200k in ur car. still the same concept.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

I’ve seen this system first hand and it works very very good.
It works on the same principle as a carburetor (pressure differential),
and regulates the water/meth as needed. The more the boost rises
the more water/meth it delivers.

It uses the compressor to do some of the atomizing of the water/meth, and no it won’t wear out the compressor wheel, that’s a bunch of internet BS.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobsmyuncle
actually. there is. its called meth.

LMR's 1300whp on 93oct comes to mind......................
Ask Mightymouse how reliable "meth" is.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

You dont HAVE to have a quarter million dollars in ur car to use meth injection.....

he said there was no substitute for high octane, when there is. meth. no matter if u got 2k or 200k in ur car. still the same concept.
right but you totally missed my point.

they are using meth because they have pushed the gasoline to its limit.
also because they are trying to protect what is probably a 30 thousand dollar motor.

IF i were to ever use meth, it would either be purely a safeguard or for the same reason LMR is, they are sticking to pump gas and pushing it as far as possible.

if pump gas is all there is, spend money in places that will serve you more reliably. the more things that can go wrong, will go wrong. if you can put 3 gallons of c16 in with 13 gallons of 93 and come up with a full tank of 100 then the only failure youll worry about is fuel pump, since that was always a possibility then your good. if it goes wrong and the motor pops, go to a junk yard and get another
Old 11-27-2010, 06:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WS6HUMMER
Ask Mightymouse how reliable "meth" is.
so you will base the whole concept off one failure......
Old 11-27-2010, 06:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

right but you totally missed my point.

also because they are trying to protect what is probably a 30 thousand dollar motor.

IF i were to ever use meth, it would either be purely a safeguard or for the same reason LMR is, they are sticking to pump gas and pushing it as far as possible.

if pump gas is all there is, spend money in places that will serve you more reliably. the more things that can go wrong, will go wrong. if you can put 3 gallons of c16 in with 13 gallons of 93 and come up with a full tank of 100 then the only failure youll worry about is fuel pump, since that was always a possibility then your good. if it goes wrong and the motor pops, go to a junk yard and get another
ppl use meth to get more power. 99% of people do. ur right, it should be used as a safe guard, but it isnt. think lmrs vette would make 1300 on just 93??? hell no. tht meth is there to make power, not as a safety
Old 11-27-2010, 11:07 AM
10 Second Club

so you will base the whole concept off one failure......
No thats just 1 good one, I know I'm probably not gonna change your mind but thats cool. Different strokes for differnt folks
Old 11-27-2010, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

ppl use meth to get more power. 99% of people do. ur right, it should be used as a safe guard, but it isnt. think lmrs vette would make 1300 on just 93??? hell no. tht meth is there to make power, not as a safety
ummmm
Old 11-27-2010, 04:47 PM
11 Second Club

yeah i must be stupid for buying a meth kit. filling up at the pump and 1k+ hp.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:26 AM
10 Second Club

Bringing this back, anyone actually use it? I understand why it couldnt work and also why it could. But does anyone have any actual first hand experiance?
Old 01-12-2012, 12:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 01-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have read from several places that Methanol can be corrosive to aluminum. The compressor wheel is made from aluminum, along with the cover and probably some of your intake pipes, and your FMIC if you have one. Whether or not it is, is up for debate.

The cooling effect is realized by the evaporation of the methanol, the majority of this happens immediately after injection as it atomizes. The compressor heats up the air by the act of compression, so the hot air is the compressed air. In theory injecting the methanol after the intercooler is the best option for maximum cooling.

SPRAYED 01, I talked to you on the phone last month about my setup. It seems like we'll eventually have an identical setup, 408 with T56 and a comp 8079. I went with a Alky control meth kit for about $500 for reference.

As mentioned before, if you're in it simply for the safety factor and aren't trying to push past 93's capabilities then why not try it for cheap insurance. If you plan on pushing past 93's capabilities like I am, go with something a little more stout.

Just my .02
Old 01-12-2012, 04:22 PM
10 Second Club

I want to do it just for cheap insurance and cooler iats due to the fact that my air filter is right on the turbo and infront of the radiator. I am going to use a 110/93 mix for the track but for $190 bucks why not if it could lower my iats even by 20degrees.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SPRAYED 01
I want to do it just for cheap insurance and cooler iats due to the fact that my air filter is right on the turbo and infront of the radiator. I am going to use a 110/93 mix for the track but for $190 bucks why not if it could lower my iats even by 20degrees.
you know you can put your own traditional kit together for like $140 complete right?
Old 01-12-2012, 04:40 PM
10 Second Club

I like the fact that this uses boost pressure and not an electric pump. If they were equal, if it doesnt work as good as the electric pump then I would go that route. Just wanted to see some real world use.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Originally Posted by nubs4ck
I have read from several places that Methanol can be corrosive to aluminum. The compressor wheel is made from aluminum, along with the cover and probably some of your intake pipes, and your FMIC if you have one. Whether or not it is, is up for debate.

The cooling effect is realized by the evaporation of the methanol, the majority of this happens immediately after injection as it atomizes. The compressor heats up the air by the act of compression, so the hot air is the compressed air. In theory injecting the methanol after the intercooler is the best option for maximum cooling.
It is if you let the methanol sit on it. If its only contacting it for seconds, then evaporates, it should be no issue.

The reason it works so well injecting it into the impeller, is that is makes the compressor more efficient (wet compression), and at the same time offers cooling as well, making it much closer to adiabatic compression.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:55 PM
10 Second Club

Well I might just have to try it and see. To bad its snowing right now

Quick Reply: Mr Freeze meth injection??? Anyone use it?