Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Calling All Bluffs....QMP Turbo Kits For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Calling All Bluffs....QMP Turbo Kits For Sale

Since I am still "arguing" with people on a daily basis about why we no longer sell our Turbo Kits in "kit form", I have decided to call the bluffs.

I was getting irritated over on the *other board* by having to continually defend my reasons for selling it as an installed, tuned system only. So about 2 minutes ago, I gave in.

Here's a copy of the post I made over there:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
[I]"I tell you what, everyone that wants to buy a kit, post here AND give us a call this week with your deposit. And then we'll see who posts just to be argumentative, and who posts for good reasons.

So, here's your chance...you've got until Friday to call us with your order. Be sure you mention this post when calling. Price will be $6999 plus shipping, and the kit will come with warranty on parts only. I will still assist in any way possible with tech questions, install questions, etc.

Time to put your money where your mouth is.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just thought you guys should get the same offer over here.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

Hmmm...all I hear are the birds chirping.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:43 PM
TECH Resident

Geee i want to jump all over that one for 7k, throw in a discount for all of the non believers to come to the light and i bet you will be taken up on that offer.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

Sorry KH, I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not. That's the hard thing about relaying quality messages on the net, you can't read emotion.

Do you really want a kit?
Do you really want a discount?
Or are you saying you don't believe the kit is as capable as we claim?

No argument here, just trying to understand.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:57 PM
TECH Resident

well, i think that if you want people to shut the H@ll up and you wanted to put the kit in the hands of some people say 3 or 5 then throw in a discount and really stick it to the poeple that doubt you and the kit.. Personally i have no idea what the kit can or can not do, but i do know what i have read and there are only a few people that have the kit running on there cars. I think you have a good idea by offering the kit in a select amount to the public as a mail order again. Due to some of negitive feed by a select group of people the QMP is now in question. If nothing else people do like discounts.

Last edited by KHShapiro; 02-08-2004 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:05 PM
TECH Resident

had to edit my post
Old 02-08-2004, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KHShapiro
had to edit my post
Pony up the cash, jerk. You seem to have mouth on every subject, but no cash in hand. Afraid or poor? Either way you have no business here, other than making ignorant posts.

You said: "Personally i have no idea what the kit can or can not do, but i do know what i have read... Due to some of negitive [ sic ] feed by a select group of people the QMP is now in question {in your admittedly ignorant opinion}."

Jump in and prove them wrong, or did you previously post as ppslap?

There are only a few people running Rob's kit???... How 'bout 50 or more. How many losers got screwed with the Incon SCAM? (No offence to the people that lost their money) Approximately 15 people (liberally estimating) actually got the complete kit? Most everyone does obeisance to the hackneyed Incon (scam) kit, and to my knowledge NO ONE can even compare to any of Rob's choked-off-wrong-sized, high-back-pressure, under-sized, power-steering-hose-cutting, bashed-downpipe, turbo-rubbing, PPSLAPpingJUUUUUUNK that 50 or more people make into Cobra-crushing, LS-TON cars. Don't believe me? Just come out, or phone a few 03s in the lower MI area.

So what's your point? Oh, yeah... You don't know about that which you are speaking.

Didn't need to edit my post... just did to tone it down from my real feelings.

Last edited by SS00Blue; 02-08-2004 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:54 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great move Rob! I have a turbo kit on the way from someone else but would certainly have considered yours with this type of offer. QMP is not in question. It is the best turbo kit for the F-body that you can call and buy today. Hopefully some people will take Rob up on his offer and put some real horsepower under their hoods!!! What else can you ask for...performance...able to pass a sniffer test and completely stealth until they hear the turbo spool!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2004, 05:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Rob I completely understand you wanting to sell your kits install only. I hated selling people car audio stuff and then having them or someone else **** up the install and then come crying back to me because its not working right or they started their amp on fire. And installing a turbo kit is worlds more complicated than any speaker, sub, amp, or head unit work I have done. Except fiberglass, that my friend is a bitch of sanding that has no end.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Rob, I think your previous insistance on only selling the system installed should make casual hacks (like myself) think long and hard about trying to install the kit themselves or with a local shop. I use a shop that I really trust and have a lot of confidence in but that is no substitute for having the designer of a complicated unique system doing the installation. If I were in the market for a turbo I would buy the QMP system and I would send the car to QMP for installation.

That being said, there are also some very experienced players here who may want to take on this project themselves. I'm glad you're giving them the opportunity to buy the kit and play with it. These are also the kind of folks who won't be quick to blame the kit or design while working out the kinks which are inevitable with this kind of project.

-Ken
Old 02-08-2004, 07:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Rob I tried to get ahold of you friday, I was wondering if u are gonna take your turbo off ur car if u are id like to buy it. Give me a call on my cell when u know what ur gonna do with it. Thanks Justin
Old 02-08-2004, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SS00Blue
Pony up the cash, jerk. You seem to have mouth on every subject, but no cash in hand. Afraid or poor? Either way you have no business here, other than making ignorant posts.

You said: "Personally i have no idea what the kit can or can not do, but i do know what i have read... Due to some of negitive [ sic ] feed by a select group of people the QMP is now in question {in your admittedly ignorant opinion}."

There are only a few people running Rob's kit???... How 'bout 50 or more. How many losers got screwed with the Incon SCAM? (No offence to the people that lost their money) Approximately 15 people (liberally estimating) actually got the complete kit? Most everyone does obeisance to the hackneyed Incon (scam) kit, and to my knowledge NO ONE can even compare to any of Rob's choked-off-wrong-sized, high-back-pressure, under-sized, power-steering-hose-cutting, bashed-downpipe, turbo-rubbing, PPSLAPpingJUUUUUUNK that 50 or more people make into Cobra-crushing, LS-TON cars. Don't believe me? Just come out, or phone a few 03s in the lower MI area.

So what's your point? Oh, yeah... You don't know about that which you are speaking.

And what was the point of that? He wasn`t bashing anyone. But i do notice you jump at the first chance you get to bash anyone who posts in Robs` threads. All KHShapiro was Saying is with all the negativity from some people on this board if you sell the kit by mail with a discount, Some people that might not be able to swing $7000 + install, could purchase the kit. Then (when / If ) they have good results from the kit it would be unbiased proof that robs kit works. Thats the way i read his post and I agree with him.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SS00Blue

a ppslap??
SooBlue,
when i posted that i edited my post that was because i had a lot of incomplete sentences that i must have hit delete on and i did not notice it befor i hit submit, knowing that as soon as i hit send, a copy would be sent to Rob,i wanted Rob to know i edited the post so he could read it correctly. SooBlue you are an @sshole i was comending Rob on offering the QMP kit again as a Mail order kit if even for a short period of time. And my further Thoughts where if he could make it less expensive for the few mail order kits so he Would sell them and put them into thew hands of people that really wanted them but have since been shy'd off. What Does Incon have to do with Anything? My statement is as it was written , From all of the people that HAVE posted as to how many that where sold, my quess is tat there are quite a few kits sitting in garages waiting to be installed......
I have already ordered my Intercooler from Speedinc and my Turbo System IS being Built by Redline Motorsports.
By theWay SooBlue your a *****.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MYTURBOT/A
And what was the point of that? He wasn`t bashing anyone. But i do notice you jump at the first chance you get to bash anyone who posts in Robs` threads. All KHShapiro was Saying is with all the negativity from some people on this board if you sell the kit by mail with a discount, Some people that might not be able to swing $7000 + install, could purchase the kit. Then (when / If ) they have good results from the kit it would be unbiased proof that robs kit works. Thats the way i read his post and I agree with him.
i am happy someone got my point
Old 02-08-2004, 10:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Whats a Raymer thread without Drama.

Keep up the good work Rob.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:42 PM
Restricted User

Rob, what changes have you made to the kit since it came out? My friend is selling his, self installed (and not well), and wanted to know since he has had it for a while, if there are some upgrading components to it. Thanks.

BTW, if I had the 7k, you would be shipping me a kit.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:49 PM
On The Tree

U-LUZE - Give me a call tomorrow. I may have something for you....

We haven't made any changes to the kit since its' release. Other than using 42lb injectors instead of 37's.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:00 AM
TECH Addict

great offer, wish i could pony up the cash but still stuck with the TTkit
Old 02-09-2004, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Rob,

I'm not able to purchase the kit and install it myself, but I just sent you an e-mail regarding an install by you guys at QMP, let me know what you think. Thanks.

The Other Rob
Old 02-09-2004, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Toonz - I got your email. I'm not at the shop right now, but I will try to give you a call today when I get back in. But the short answer is, it wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks again.