Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

first 6 pulls on ttech race system

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

also fwiw the heads flow 272/199 @ 500 lift and the cam is 226/224 .523 .510 115*
Old 02-09-2004, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

272/199??? Are you sure? 199 on the exhaust is less than stock! And 272 intake isn't a whole lot better than stock.

It's a little odd that he would put a liquid IC on the car, and not use ice. Can't wait to see what that does for it.

So basically, this isn't for streetcars at all then? Which is cool too, but I thought that was never your intention.

How much is the entire kit going to cost? Any idea?
Old 02-09-2004, 10:44 PM
9 Second Club

maybe its just me but, I sense tension here
Old 02-09-2004, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

I forgot something....any reason why it wasn't first tried with the stock PCM and LS1Edit?

Dyno sheets? It'll be interesting to see how much better the tuning is with the Gen7. I can't wait to install mine.....if I could just get my stock motor to blow up, I would!
Old 02-09-2004, 10:45 PM
Launching!

Damn!
Old 02-09-2004, 10:46 PM
9 Second Club

hey Rob if I come out there can I try to blow it up? lol

did MM post the turbo specs?
Old 02-09-2004, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nickn20
maybe its just me but, I sense tension here
Nope Nick, no tension here by me at all. I'm impressed with the kit. These are just obvious questions I'm sure a lot of people would like the answers to. (based on my own experience)
Old 02-09-2004, 10:48 PM
9 Second Club

BTW I don't see anything about the kit that makes it unstreetable to me......
Old 02-09-2004, 10:50 PM
TECH Addict

Location: its as intense as the time i forgot how to sit down

dave looks awsome,congrats man im not to far from you we should get together at a track this summer i have to see this thing in person
Old 02-09-2004, 11:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

maybe you are thinking .600 lift? those are .500 lift numbers... and i don't know exactly ARE's flowing method but good or bad thats what the heads are.

i have no idea what makes water unstreetable.. it has a radiator for it with a fan to cool the temps back down between 'sessions'.. again he used water and pump gas for my 'street tune' .. no sense tuning with ice when it wont last as ice on the street. then there will be a race gas and ice tune for the track.. makes sense to me.
race kit or street kit i'm still going to drive the car everywhere i go.

pricing the kit isn't up to me... call turbotech in a few weeks

waste of time for us fooling with the stock computer at the power level we are looking for cuz my last name isn't harlan. again i'm looking for driveability.. and from what i know about ls1 edit.. is that the stock computer once you start lying to it is not dependable over daily driving condition changes. but mostly was just a good time to get it on the car while it was the rest of the way apart. i still have the high impedance injectors on it too. though they will probably come off tomorrow

i can tell you that he is very happy with the dfi and the guys from accel have been back and forth with him alot getting feedback.

again its an innovative GT80bb and for better or worse,nearly inaudible

atleast one graph tomorrow.. night guys! though i probably wont sleep.. little nervous about tomorrow
Old 02-09-2004, 11:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Where is your regulator at on the fuel setup? By the tank or up by the rail?

What fuel pressure are you at under WOT and whats the base pressure.......?
Old 02-10-2004, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks awesome Dave! I can't wait to see it in person. Better yet can't wait to run it Congrats on the new system. I know you've worked hard to get back into boost. Glad you found something that works for you. I'll really be interested to see what the track tune will lay down. Should be impressive.

Mike

p.s. IROC is coming to Richmond, you game?
Old 02-10-2004, 01:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
maybe you are thinking .600 lift? those are .500 lift numbers... and i don't know exactly ARE's flowing method but good or bad thats what the heads are.
No, I meant .500 lift. But that's cool.

i have no idea what makes water unstreetable..
Not what I meant at all. I just noticed that the piping runs under the K-Member, and would have to be REAL close to the ground. Unless you 4x4 the car. Maybe I'm wrong.
Also, I remember how upset you were about our kit not having a windshield washer reservoir. I'll take A/C and a bottle of Windex any day over sweating my a$$ off. But that's just me.

pricing the kit isn't up to me... call turbotech in a few weeks
Nah...I'll pass. I'll just wait for George to put the pricing on his site. I assume it's going to be pretty high, based on the apparent quality of the parts. Like I said, it looks great!

waste of time for us fooling with the stock computer at the power level we are looking for cuz my last name isn't harlan.
harlan who?

i can tell you that he is very happy with the dfi and the guys from accel have been back and forth with him alot getting feedback.
Yea, we've had a GEN7 System for a few months now. Haven't even taken it out of the box yet. Nice units from what I hear. Like I said, I'm anxious to get mine on.

again its an innovative GT80bb and for better or worse,nearly inaudible
Cool. That's supposed to support 1000fwhp, right? I was thinking about going to that turbo myself with the new motor. We've already max'd out the T76. It's just a shame that there's really nothing inbetween an 80 and 88.

atleast one graph tomorrow.. night guys! though i probably wont sleep.. little nervous about tomorrow
The only thing I'd be worried about is that Washington 92 octane! Better Overnight George some Sunoco 94 or something....
Old 02-10-2004, 01:37 AM
On The Tree

I forgot to say Congratulations! How rude of me.

Seriously, the kit looks amazing. I honestly can't wait to see what it's capable of. Come on snow....go!
Old 02-10-2004, 03:09 AM
Launching!

That's a nice looking kit and some very good #'s to go with it. It will be interesting to see what the reatil price of the kit will be. To bad it doesn't fit on a C5.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member
Thumbs up

Very nice, Dave. Tuning for pump gas and water, then race gas and ice makes perfect sense to me, too. Nothing wrong with a street tune, then a race tune.

I also like the way you've kept a level head in this post and focused on what you are doing.. like I said over on the "other" board, you've matured.

MAN! You've sunk a lot of money in your setup! I wish I could afford to, right now. But, I'm taking baby steps right now. I feel kinda like I've let GWP down by not being able to go ahead and fuel, exhaust flow and secure (pin the crank) my setup properly yet, and get it to demonstrate the numbers it can. If I can get my RWHP to match my RWTQ, and put it in the low 10's, or maybe even nines, that'd be a great indicator of the power this engine has. But, to be able to use it's max power, I'd probably have to do something else besides the 4L60 tranny, too ...

Well, at least it's been reliable so far; maybe it's best I stay with my original plan to stay on the 600 RWHP range and be happy... I don't have unlimited pockets, right now.

Can't wait to see your race gas/ice numbers and track numbers.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool Dave, had no idea you were the guy TTi was building their race kit for.
im curious how that air to water IC holds up for street driving, it sure seems to work on the dyno by keeping it at 62*
is that the same IC Harlan is using?
hopefully it isnt as much as they charge for their air to air fbody intercooler, $750 for it and it doesnt work that well.

what size AR housing are you using on that GT80?

i cant see getting rid of the AC, but thats me, even though mine doesnt work at the moment. cant beleive you dont use it as your in Florida.

get more pics im picture hungry!!!
Old 02-10-2004, 06:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh and when i talked to turbotech yester day to find out how mush their IC was (resale value you know) i tried to pry out more information, but the oly thing i coudl get out was it would probably be released next month. and they would be posting info soon.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

David,

Awesome preliminary results , I wasn't expecting such a great start but it looks like this new kit is going to work out very well for you. Is George going to sell this as a kit that can be done yourself?

My project is moving ahead as well, but not as fast as yours

Great job

Paul
Old 02-10-2004, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks nice MM Tell George I said HI!

Quick Reply: first 6 pulls on ttech race system