Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Alky Control Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 11:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Alky Control Questions

Guys I need some help. Wanting to mount the twin nozzles for my alky-control kit and I've hit a stumbling block. I'm running the twin intercooled Procharged system so I've got to hook in behind the plenum and the MAF. My piping from the MAF to the throttle body is the stock accordian style pipe that goes from the lid to the throttle body in N/A applications. For me to use what I have now, the nozzles will go mid-way in this accordian pipe, which puts them in a tough area to drill correctly and get the nozzle to fit. Of course the accordian effect in the middle will be gone. Are most people replacing this piece of piping with something else to mount meth nozzles into? And yes I know most are running FMIC and the problem is solved because the plenum is eliminated and the MAF can be placed where needed, but I'm not. If you have any pictures that could help, please post them.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:14 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Back at the old shop we drilled and installed the nozzles into the inlet side of the throttle body on several occasions, and it worked out really well. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 01-30-2011, 05:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Where is the IAT sensor on your kit?
They should be placed before it so the PCM can register the drop in temp.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:13 AM
12 Second Club

An option would be to forget about the MAF and do a Speed Density Tune. Then you wouldn't have to worry about it.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:08 AM
10 Second Club

I got rid of that accordian thing that looks like a balloon under boost and replaced it with the SLP smooth bellow. I then drilled holes in it for my meth nozzle and IAT sensor and it worked fairly well. I was able tokeep the meth nozzle about 4 inches away from the IAT sensor. It was not optimal but it worked and was easy to do.

http://www.lmperformance.com/744/1.html
Old 01-30-2011, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Thanks guys, another good point made, my IAT sensor is in the Procharger plenum and will currently not pick up the temp drop of the meth. Relocating it to behind the nozzles is yet again another problem with my current setup. I could make that SLP bellow work and work my IAT sensor in there as well. Anyone else found any easier options? What about this, if my final tune, (which is not in the car yet just a breakin, get miles on the car for now), is a SD tune, then I guess I could actually place the nozzles in the plenum or in the piping just before the plenum and never move the IAT sensor? Or would this be too far from the throttle body to accomplish the effect needed? Thanks again!!
Old 01-30-2011, 10:06 AM
12 Second Club

Honestly i wouldn't worry about spraying it before the iat. But if you want to I would just move the iat right before the throttle body and put the nozzle right at the outlet of the plenum.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:57 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should not spray the meth before the MAF, it will ruin it in a hurry. I put my meth nozzle here when I had a MAF and dual intercoolers:

Quick Reply: Alky Control Questions