Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

AES Block Coming Soon!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 08:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default AES Block Coming Soon!!

Well I just pulled the trigger on an AES 390 block, nice FI cam and some Trick Flow as cast heads. My comppression looks like it will be around 9:6:1. Hoping to get some good numbers (700 RWHP+) hopefully more. Does anyone have any experience with this set-up, I was originally thinking about going with a L92/317 head but I finally settled on this head. I hope I made the right decision since it's been almost 4 1/2 years with my stock block and 8 lbs of boost with no problems. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:16 PM
TECH Veteran

that is all
Old 02-01-2011, 08:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good choice. You will need a new cam to go with the larger engine and better flowing heads. 700whp should be no problem at all.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1CAMWNDR
Good choice. You will need a new cam to go with the larger engine and better flowing heads. 700whp should be no problem at all.
Yea I did get one, I believe its somewhere close to the EPP cam specs.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:51 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice! I can forsee those 60's getting maxed out as well with the potential in that setup
Old 02-02-2011, 09:01 AM
TECH Resident

What does everyone think of my head selection? I'm wondering if I should have gotten a head that would have dropped my compression a little more. The only octane we have out here is 91 so I'm stuck with either a thick deck or a head with bigger chambers to lower my compression. Don't get me wrong I like Trick Flow, but I'm wondering if I made the rigt decision? What does everyone think? Just a little nervous this is my first forged motor!
Old 02-02-2011, 10:04 AM
12 Second Club

The Trickflows are a bad *** head. I think you made a good decision. You definitely have a bad *** shortblock coming for sure. You have the money for a meth kit? I would recommend getting some 80lb injectors too.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS1RedZ
The Trickflows are a bad *** head. I think you made a good decision. You definitely have a bad *** shortblock coming for sure. You have the money for a meth kit? I would recommend getting some 80lb injectors too.
Yea I'm probably going to send 60's to some Fuel Injection Place they told they can bore them out to 80 lbs. its cheaper $200. It's better than getting 80 pounders for $400. I think they're a sponsor.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm building the exact same thing. I received my 390 short block in early December. It's been sitting on my K-member with the heads on for over a month now. I've been working too much to get it all together. I should have it in and running by tomorrow but yours will probably see boost before mine. Once I get the engine going I still have to buy and install a rear end and new clutch before I even look at a turbo kit and fuel system.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:41 PM
TECH Resident

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Old 02-03-2011, 05:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 181 Likes on 119 Posts

Those are nice heads and definitely get the bigger injectors. Compression should be fine.

If you can get e85 in your area.... I would run that.... plus some 103lb injectors.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FMX05
I'm building the exact same thing. I received my 390 short block in early December. It's been sitting on my K-member with the heads on for over a month now. I've been working too much to get it all together. I should have it in and running by tomorrow but yours will probably see boost before mine. Once I get the engine going I still have to buy and install a rear end and new clutch before I even look at a turbo kit and fuel system.
Bummer for the last couple months I've seen your sig and thought the whistle was referring to a Procharger
Old 02-03-2011, 10:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
Bummer for the last couple months I've seen your sig and thought the whistle was referring to a Procharger
GT-88/BW HP-88/T6/Truck manifolds/6 speed until it blows up.

As of tonight it is in the car and running.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:37 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by FMX05

As of tonight it is in the car and running.

Originally Posted by Tirefire
Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
To me I'd rather be at 9.5:1 where your build is at, better low speed drive ability. More compression less boost, vs. low compression higher boost, I think both roads lead to the same power level, within reason.

Another factor, the camshaft in your build will result in lower cylinder pressure. Smaller cam will have higher cylinder pressure.

Fraser

Last edited by AES Racing; 02-03-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:23 AM
TECH Resident

To me I'd rather be at 9.5:1 where your build is at, better low speed drive ability. More compression less boost, vs. low compression higher boost, I think both roads lead to the same power level, within reason.

Another factor, the camshaft in your build will result in lower cylinder pressure. Smaller cam will have higher cylinder pressure.

Fraser[/QUOTE]

I here you Fraser I'm just a little excited!! I guess I'm over thinking on the build just want to make as much power as I can with my little D-1 and be safe! What do you think about the injectors Fraser?
Old 02-04-2011, 01:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by AES Racing

Fraser

I here you Fraser I'm just a little excited!! I guess I'm over thinking on the build just want to make as much power as I can with my little D-1 and be safe! What do you think about the injectors Fraser?
Old 02-04-2011, 01:00 PM
FormerVendor

What do you think about the injectors Fraser?
I've had a 6 speed Procharged Fbody car run up to 800rwhp with 60lbs hr injectors, it had twin walbro pumps. Able to raise base pressure and keep up fuel volume.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by AES Racing
I've had a 6 speed Procharged Fbody car run up to 800rwhp with 60lbs hr injectors, it had twin walbro pumps. Able to raise base pressure and keep up fuel volume.
You guys still buried in snow or did you get a chance to head up to the shop today?
Old 02-23-2011, 01:22 PM
TECH Resident

Called AES yesterday and spoke to Fraser, who advised that my block was being machined and should be ready to go next week. I'm also getting ready to pull the tranny and have it sent to a shop to upgrade the internals hopefully it will last for a while?? Anyway once everything is back together it will be taken to Dallas where it will be tuned by a guy named "Troy" he's a pretty reputable tuner from what I here.. I would put the shop's name but I don't think they're sponors here. Corvette guys have a lot to say about this guy so I hope all goes well..
Old 02-23-2011, 03:39 PM
7 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well I just pulled the trigger on an AES 390 block, nice FI cam and some Trick Flow as cast heads. My comppression looks like it will be around 9:6:1. Hoping to get some good numbers (700 RWHP+) hopefully more. Does anyone have any experience with this set-up, I was originally thinking about going with a L92/317 head but I finally settled on this head. I hope I made the right decision since it's been almost 4 1/2 years with my stock block and 8 lbs of boost with no problems. Let me know what you guys think.
With a motor nice you need a nice set of heads like the trick flows. You'll be ok, the trick flows are way better than 317s for a boosted motor.

Quick Reply: AES Block Coming Soon!!