Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New build Info and Sponsors added 2000+ HP Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011 | 10:48 AM
7 Second Club

Best of luck with your goals they are achieveable, the only question in my mind is if the IRS will be able to get you there. I highly doubt you see anyone going 6s at the LSx races unless the mininum weight changes drastically. Having done this my only recommendation is make sure you beef up every part in the motor, going 195 @ 34xx is no easy feat with a 106mm turbo and making it reliable in the long run. AFAIK no one has gone that fast with that combo and 106mm turbo. Do not skimp on parts or else you'll be buying twice, at this level its very hard on the motors. Best of luck.

Originally Posted by atomicfusion
My race weight is going to be 3400-3450 this year. I am working on the weight right now. I don't think I will be the fastest in the class for sure. If anything, I expect to be the underdog again this year; however, I believe if I can get into the mid 7's I will be "competitive"

I know Tom Kemp and the guys at LMR are already considerably faster than that and from the sounds of the Ohio Boy's builds, they are going to be really fast this year too.

I'd imagine that this year shows us the first 6 second pass in the LSX series outlaw drag radial cars and I have no illusions that I will be that fast this year, but you have to get the car down the track multiple times to win.

This will be my first year of really trying to be competitve with the big boys, and we have the powerplant to turn up the boost past 21psi this year. I am hoping that if we get things figured out quick enough, that we can poor on the boost and go for much more than my preliminary goals.

You have to walk before you can run...
Old 02-04-2011 | 12:37 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
Best of luck with your goals they are achieveable, the only question in my mind is if the IRS will be able to get you there. I highly doubt you see anyone going 6s at the LSx races unless the mininum weight changes drastically. Having done this my only recommendation is make sure you beef up every part in the motor, going 195 @ 34xx is no easy feat with a 106mm turbo and making it reliable in the long run. AFAIK no one has gone that fast with that combo and 106mm turbo. Do not skimp on parts or else you'll be buying twice, at this level its very hard on the motors. Best of luck.
I don't think that you will see me doing the 6.xx this year, but LMR and Kemp, and the Ohio Boys are equiped with enough power IMO. That doesn't mean that they will get there, but LMR was very close last year (twin 88's) and I think the Ohio Boys are running 118's this year.

Now me and my little 106mm will be happy with 7.50's
Old 02-04-2011 | 12:45 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by atomicfusion
I don't think that you will see me doing the 6.xx this year, but LMR and Kemp, and the Ohio Boys are equiped with enough power IMO. That doesn't mean that they will get there, but LMR was very close last year (twin 88's) and I think the Ohio Boys are running 118's this year.

Now me and my little 106mm will be happy with 7.50's
7.50s would be very impressive with the IRS, if the suspension doesn't hold you back it would be no sweat. Taking that final .2-.3 off of the ET might sound easy but is going to very tough. Mike and Mark are both running the 118mm. 106mm seems to be the best combination of spool vs top end power well see how the 118 works.
Old 02-04-2011 | 07:53 PM
7 Second Club

Dropped the car off at the paint shop... Mike Niehouse does all my paint work at 1st Impressions Body shop here in Columbus.... He says it will be ready by the end of the superbowl on Sunday.

Pics to come.

Quick Reply: New build Info and Sponsors added 2000+ HP Build