Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

1998 Pontiac Trans Am Fuel Pressure & Vacuum Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1998 Pontiac Trans Am Fuel Pressure & Vacuum Questions.

Hey Everyone. So i ran into a new problem with my Procharged LS1 T/A. When I get on the gas a little heavy the car starts to take off fine, once It reaches about 4,000 RPM though the Fuel Pressure drops drastically down to 20psi or even lower sometimes. It used to run about 69 psi constantly. It losses all power and boost. The engine itself sound like its trying to go but it doesn't seem to be getting enough gas. This problem came out of no where, The car was running fine a few days ago. The only things I could think of to try replacing..

Step 1. the Fuel Filter which has never been changed.
Step 2. Maybe a Fuel Line Cleaner or Gas Cleaner?
Step 3. ATI Fuel Pump ($200 ruffly)
Any Other Suggestions?

Also. Does anyone have a Vacuum Line Diagram for a 1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6? I'm not 100% confident that the company that installed my recently rebuilt engine hooked all my vacuum lines up right. I used to run about -15 to -20 psi of boost at idle. Now its running about -8 psi. This company is the same company that installed my Boost Gauge (that was after the rebuild) I just don't think its all right! haha
Old 02-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

P.S. The engine was rebuilt about a year and a half ago. The Vacuum problem I ask about has been an ongoing problem the whole time. It has nothing to do with the new sudden loss of Fuel Pressure as far as I know...

Quick Reply: 1998 Pontiac Trans Am Fuel Pressure & Vacuum Questions.