Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

APS Manifolds and turbo exhaust side

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slow67
Actually most just put it where its more convenient. Its there to protect the turbo/blower (depending on application), not the TB. You also vent off air that the intercooler already cooled, wasting energy. TiAL says to put it where the signal line is shortest. So really, its pretty much where its most convenient.
I dont think ANYBODY on this thred has said its placed here to protect the TB LOL
My understanding of it is this-

by leaking it out way back from the intake mani, the time it takes to go back is much longer. therefore, on quick blips of the gas, such as in a hard corner where throttle pressure control is a must (ala GIS2), less pressure/air will get released out, thus giving a better throttle response as the air is availble right away.

remeber, the purpose of a BOV is to protect the turbo- not to stop air from going in the motor when you let off.
and this isnt the thread for the argument anyways ,,,LOL and ruin what information this guy is seeking out!

Last edited by barnat; 03-30-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by barnat
Heres a pic of when i first had my manifolds and turbos done!

I love your set up looks very clean and put together well. I wish you lived closer to me I would bribe you into helping me.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02SOMLS1WS6
I love your set up looks very clean and put together well. I wish you lived closer to me I would bribe you into helping me.
Thanks my man!
Just take your time and do alittle bit every day and one day youll be like DAMMM Im done! LOL Just get a good game plan in your head before starting and ask alot of questions on here is what i did
This is the best site hands dowm IMO for guys helping out fellow members about their builds and what not. Even though my rides done,,,I still surf on here to see whats new and what guys are doing!
Old 03-30-2011, 10:13 PM
Staging Lane

I dont think ANYBODY on this thred has said its placed here to protect the TB LOL
My understanding of it is this-

by leaking it out way back from the intake mani, the time it takes to go back is much longer. therefore, on quick blips of the gas, such as in a hard corner where throttle pressure control is a must (ala GIS2), less pressure/air will get released out, thus giving a better throttle response as the air is availble right away.

remeber, the purpose of a BOV is to protect the turbo- not to stop air from going in the motor when you let off.
and this isnt the thread for the argument anyways ,,,LOL and ruin what information this guy is seeking out!
A BOV mounted closer to the throttlebody versus farther away from the throttle body will not provide you any better throttle response. Most mount it where it is convinient, bling effect and/or whereever their favorite race team decides to mount theirs.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by revtech101
A BOV mounted closer to the throttlebody versus farther away from the throttle body will not provide you any better throttle response. Most mount it where it is convinient, bling effect and/or whereever their favorite race team decides to mount theirs.
Cool !Now getting back to the manifold and turbo coatings? lol
Old 03-31-2011, 09:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont know if you ever heard of Swain Tech but that is some top notch stuff. They do industrial size and automotive products. I will eventually get mine coated in this sometime in the future and get rid of the horrible heat shields. They can also coat the turbo hot side as well. THe only thing, which is not a drawback to me, is that the finish is in white. Its the natural color of what they do.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Swain is great, Jet Hot is good......we have dealt with QC Coatings for most of our setups and it has worked out very well. Two years on one of the 1000hp turbo setups with no coating issues....as an added bonus they are located in Michigan.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:14 AM
9 Second Club

where in MI?
Old 04-01-2011, 06:56 AM
TECH Resident

I had mine coated and they are holding up great. The only spot that seems to show heat wear is near the manifold flange right where it turns about 90* to go downward towards the turbine housings.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks like they did a nice job fot ya!
After i had mine done though,,,, i ditched the APS heat sheilds as i no longer needed them.Ive never melted a plug wire or burn my starter as of yet but i guess its a nice added protection
Old 04-01-2011, 02:01 PM
TECH Resident

Looks like they did a nice job fot ya!
After i had mine done though,,,, i ditched the APS heat sheilds as i no longer needed them.Ive never melted a plug wire or burn my starter as of yet but i guess its a nice added protection
Yeah, I wanted all the help I could get. I also have some heat protection on the starter and starter wires. The shields do not bother me at all except the driver's side header stud.

Quick Reply: APS Manifolds and turbo exhaust side