Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Oil Cooler Adapter for Oil Line to turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 01:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil Cooler Adapter for Oil Line to turbo?

Does anybody use this for oil line to turbo? Was told I could use one of these rather than taking the pan off and having to get a bung welded for the oil lines. Just want to make sure its an efficient way to get oil supply to turbo...

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/oil-c...pter-20mm.aspx
Old 04-09-2011, 02:02 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the oil feed line most people will just tap the block off plate above the oil filter on the side of the oil pan, it comes off with (2) 10mm bolts and can be tapped with 1/8" npt and run a $3 1/8" to -4an fitting in it. Then run a -4an line to the turbo for the feed. I can get you pictures to better explain tomorrow.

As far as the drain goes, you really should weld at least a -10an bung in the oil pan/ front cover, above the oil level. Some tap the pan with 1/2" npt i think and run a 1/2" to -10an fitting in the pan. Welding is the best option but sometimes thats not possible.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 408trans_am
For the oil feed line most people will just tap the block off plate above the oil filter on the side of the oil pan, it comes off with (2) 10mm bolts and can be tapped with 1/8" npt and run a $3 1/8" to -4an fitting in it. Then run a -4an line to the turbo for the feed. I can get you pictures to better explain tomorrow.

As far as the drain goes, you really should weld at least a -10an bung in the oil pan/ front cover, above the oil level. Some tap the pan with 1/2" npt i think and run a 1/2" to -10an fitting in the pan. Welding is the best option but sometimes thats not possible.
Well if its the better option then i will make it happen just to have the peace of mind. Hell i need to change the rod bolts anyways if i want to spin it to 7k. The guy building my kit said to ship him the pan and he will take care of the welding so its not a problem. Post up some pictures when you get a chance.

Quick Reply: Oil Cooler Adapter for Oil Line to turbo?