Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Our TT kit is FINALLY done.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 08:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ModularTurbo
The install car for this weekend has a stock motor and will be tuned by Futral Motorsports.
I need to know the color of this test car so I can stay the hell away from it, I live in the same area code as Chris, plus if I see it in person, I'll have to figure a way to hock the dog...
Old 04-15-2011, 08:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
I need to know the color of this test car so I can stay the hell away from it, I live in the same area code as Chris, plus if I see it in person, I'll have to figure a way to hock the dog...
Haahaha. Indeed.
Very interesting to hear that the larger turbos will not change the price, that is not something you see very often.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
The people bitching about the cost, options, etc... are the people that will never actually buy a kit.

Would be nice to see some of these people make a cheap TT kit instead of just whining about it.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:02 AM
TECH Addict

10k is really not that bad for the completeness of the kit. It is a little hard for some of us to swallow a 10k price upfront but if you look at the long term, its not bad at all. Ive spent countless hours of my life engineering turbo kits to fit on my car, if you add up all my time and materials Im sure it would exceed 10k very easily.

Rob always turns out quality products and provides the best customer service in the business.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:13 AM
TECH Resident

Only if they made the turbo's visible to show the assets $$$.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Denali08

That’s cool and all but it won’t be all that and a bag of chips
when you are changing the plugs.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Teching In

I like that the wastegate dumps into the pipes. A lot of companies get really lazy about designing that into the system. For Those that like the external dump, there maybe should be an option. I like it just like you have it.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I think I spent 20 minutes scrolling up and down, taking double and triple takes, looking at all the pictures and all the little things. This is absolutely amazing craftsmanship! not letting the kmember get in the way of a good design is great thinking out of the box! and all the other creativity that is in the kit
Old 04-15-2011, 03:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
The car is a black WS6. Thats the only car I mostly see him driving around in. They live in Slidell, LA. I'm sitting outside working in the subdivision that my parents and his parents live in as I type this.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Down here we like to be . You need to see Chris' S10 truck. You will be asking the question "Why is his radiator in the bed of the truck?" When you see it whip some *** then you know why.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Congrats guys, awesome work. So many times you see guys come on here and post about a new idea or product coming out, only to never here from them again. These guys came on here with an idea, actually gave us, the enthusiasts an open forum to contribute to its design and say what we wanted. Then they kept us in the loop over a 2 year period while they designed, engineered and fabricated the idea's that we had conveyed to them on this forum. Then, guess what, they didn't go away, they pulled it off! They completed their project and have 3 kits ready to go. Utterly amazing. The American dream: idea--> design--> $ell!!

Guy's I know the original prices that were projected an all, but seriously, for what you are getting, and for the labor of love that was undertaken here....this kit is a value. I just put together a high end heads cam package with PI heads, FAST intake, custom cam, road race K member, fuel system, injectors, rod bolts etc and the total comes extremely close to what they are selling this kit for (within 2/3 of the price at least). So considering what I put into my setup, and the fact that with FI you can make more power, get better mpg and actually have improved drivability than Heads/cam setup, AND you can always upgrade for a larger ci motor later...dang, seems like a NO BRAINER to me.

Congrats CBR Performance! Hope to be a customer in the future!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Taking the quality and craftsmanship. The price seems fair to me. I've fabricated a turbo manifold or 2 in my day. And no way in hell I would only charge 10k to build a setup like that. That's a dam good price to keep ac intact and all the other features. I'm sure the tubular kmember also offsets some of the weight vs. Stock kmember. But no one has taken that into accept yet, it's pretty obvious to me. Plus The added clearance provided and by it. All in I say it's a dam fine product. You gotta pay to play. Anyone moaning about the price needs to move along. And keep to the basics or learn to fabricate stuff yourself real quick.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:43 AM
TECH Resident

Is an A/A IC switch possible?

If you can make it A/A Intercooled with smaller twin 61mm turbo's for less than $8K, I think it would sell and it would please many customers. Not everyone wants 1000rwhp.

I give the credit for no waiting time or cash in advance. Also, as said above, the K-member is an out of the box thinking. Optional future turbo upgrade is another big ticket for this turbo kit.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:56 AM
11 Second Club

I am extremely impressed Rob! This kit has me thinking I should have invested a bit more in my short block! I was completely set on going with a big single and truck manifolds but you released this setup just in time to make me second guess myself. I can't wait to see some results on the car vengeance is putting together. I want to see this kit get the **** beat out of it. I have no doubt you guys will fix and modify anything that's needed to make it durable if need be. I hope you sell all of these that you can manufacture.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:35 PM
FormerVendor

Is an A/A IC switch possible?

If you can make it A/A Intercooled with smaller twin 61mm turbo's for less than $8K, I think it would sell and it would please many customers. Not everyone wants 1000rwhp.

I give the credit for no waiting time or cash in advance. Also, as said above, the K-member is an out of the box thinking. Optional future turbo upgrade is another big ticket for this turbo kit.
all of those turbos cost the same so it won't change the price. An A2A setup won't really change the price that much either.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:10 AM
FormerVendor

Here are some pics from the install yesterday

Last edited by ModularTurbo; 04-17-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Well I know to stay away from a black or NMB t/a in my area...awesome, gents!
Old 04-17-2011, 06:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Few things i want to say.

To start with Kit Looks great, BUT

- first if i was building a 1200-1800 horse car. this kit is great. 10K is the worlds best price(figuring that the mani's will get you there and that they hold the heat. not saying they wont, but kit is not fully street tested so time will tell) but to make the 1800 range. i will need the Ball Bearing, so a grand, now up to 11k. then i will need billet, so now i am higher.

- second if i was buying a kit for a stock car and it be a street car( so like 800 max horse) 10k is alot. i have close to 12k in my APS kit after 4 sets of turbos. after i get the New DKT upgrade 6262 it will be great. But starting over. i see used APS kits go for 3500-4k all day long, then buy the DKT upgrade i am way Under 10K.

So GREAT Looking Kit. and Great job on using your Brain. And great for Higher horse stuff. But my two cents, to much for the common, street, lower horse, everyday guy kits.

Side Note, Chris the 417 Kit(red car with turbos up top), it is so easy to do spark plugs i would rather do them on that turboed car then a stock mani car. put it up on a lift and grab them from the bottom. dirt easy.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't need ball bearing or billet to get 1200-1800 horse. A couple of journal bearing TC70-78 will get you there.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:02 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Toxic-Evo
Few things i want to say.

To start with Kit Looks great, BUT

- first if i was building a 1200-1800 horse car. this kit is great. 10K is the worlds best price(figuring that the mani's will get you there and that they hold the heat. not saying they wont, but kit is not fully street tested so time will tell) but to make the 1800 range. i will need the Ball Bearing, so a grand, now up to 11k. then i will need billet, so now i am higher.

- second if i was buying a kit for a stock car and it be a street car( so like 800 max horse) 10k is alot. i have close to 12k in my APS kit after 4 sets of turbos. after i get the New DKT upgrade 6262 it will be great. But starting over. i see used APS kits go for 3500-4k all day long, then buy the DKT upgrade i am way Under 10K.

So GREAT Looking Kit. and Great job on using your Brain. And great for Higher horse stuff. But my two cents, to much for the common, street, lower horse, everyday guy kits.

Side Note, Chris the 417 Kit(red car with turbos up top), it is so easy to do spark plugs i would rather do them on that turboed car then a stock mani car. put it up on a lift and grab them from the bottom. dirt easy.
If you are comparing our kit to the APS kit then you are most definitely not looking for what we have to offer, so the price doesn't matter.

but just for fun lets add it up for real:

USED.... APS kit (that probly needs parts replaced from wear ie wastegate, bov also probly missing hardware)
$3500 +/- $500

DKT turbo upgrades??? I don't know how much they cost because they aren't out yet but Im gonna guess more than LG's upgrades so lets call it
$3200 +/- $300

BMR Kmember $600

lets add it now using both end of estimation.
$7300 - $8100

So you are roughly $2500 away from our kit. It is cheaper, but what does that extra $2500 buy you, alot.

Turn your steering wheel lock to lock without hitting discharge pipes.
Zero hampering of the cooling system and A/C system.
You are not locked into any specific turbo, what if you need something different than what LG or DKT have to offer. What if you want a set of turbos bigger than 6262's and if you do its included in the base price. So essentially part of that price difference is much bigger turbos.
What if you want turbos that are smaller ie 5757's.
Wastegates can be upgraded to sizes other than what bolts up to a 2 bolt flange.
Our A2W intercooler can be enlarge to a larger size as well and so can its pump.
You get everything brand new with a 1 year warranty and its 100% complete down to the last fastener.
You can buy it all from one person.
We have 3 provisions for water/meth, boost referencing sensor etc
7 days a week install helpline.
easy as dirt spark plug changes that don't require a lift LOL

There are more things that I could could say but I think thats enough for now.

I understand your approach and it makes sense but only if you are willing to jump through lots of hoops, and deal with alot of what if's and maybe's in order to save money for less of a product.

There are people out there that are completely fine with your approach and that is cool. There are also alot of people out there that aren't fine with it and they will be our customers.

I am in no way trying to say that you are wrong I am just saying that there are different ways to get things done. We are a one stop ticket, you buy our product and you have everything ready to go and you won't have to deal with anything other than the price tag.

PS If anything I said is interpreted as talking trash about DKT or LG products please understand that I in no way intend that for that to be the case. I consider DKT a friend and we have talked alot on the phone about both of our products we have a mutual respect for each other. I was just pointing out the limitations of the APS kit and its turbo choices.

thanks for reading.
Rob

Quick Reply: Our TT kit is FINALLY done.....