Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Smoke coming out valve cover breathers

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 12:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KILLER-LS1
cracked ringlands damaged the block and the heads
Just went through this, Set me back 4 grand to get back on the road. How aggressive was the timing, AFR and pump or race gas?

I broke ring lands in 3 pistons, daily drove it for a few more months with tons of racing, ran the same E.T at the track. Just had to replace plugs that were smashed shut. Finally lost oil pressure and had to come apart.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that sux,you seem to keep a good outlook dispite the situation.Like I was sayin over in the thread you started in FI section.The hotside is too small for handling abuse of the mile or hot lapping.I didnt mention hot lapping but,I would have if Id known.I want to stress that one of the key things to driving a car with big power.Is keeping the overall temp down and what I mean is everything from the radiator to the rearend.I would concentrate seriouly on the removal of BTUs before building a bigger badder time bomb.To each his own though I understand wanting get her back on the road.Jus remember if you do nothin it will happen again also keep in mind you did this on a "safe tune" which I believe is possible since Im pretty sure CMS tuned it.If you want to pm me ill share some tricks that might help you out.

Quick Reply: Smoke coming out valve cover breathers