Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What victor jr. Should i buy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 01:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see a lot of people here in the forums use this victor jr. for boost.so your telling me that the best manifold top go with is the ls6?what if i use my ls6 and send it out to get ported to a 90mm?
Old 04-23-2011, 02:57 AM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by American Revolution
I see a lot of people here in the forums use this victor jr. for boost.so your telling me that the best manifold top go with is the ls6?what if i use my ls6 and send it out to get ported to a 90mm?
No I didnt say that.

But a stock LS6 intake and TB have been proven into the 8's and 1000+bhp.

A stock LS6 intake and TB would be better than the very restrictive elbow you pictured above.

Fitting a 90mm TB to an LS6 intake, or indeed most boosted engines is a complete and utter waste of money when once again the factory size has been proven to over 1000bhp with no issues whatsoever.

Some believe than a Vic jnr and proper full elbow is better than an LS6. I still dont recall seeing any back to back tests to prove this.
I run a Vic Jnr myself having swapped from an LS6. But that was primarily for looks only. I dont believe for one second it increased performance on mine, but I dont have any dyno data to support that either way.
As I now run 2inj per cylinder, I cannot easily revert back to a stock intake to try.

If I was to buy another intake, it would be a proper large plenum style like a Pro Flo.

But again, you dont state how much clearance you actually have for any intake.

Then of course there are others who say the FAST intakes are better with boost.

There is also the Super Vic Jnr, which is a much taller version of the carb intake, which with more volume etc should be better again than the shorter version, IF you have the clearance for it.

So really, there are a multitude of options. But none of them will pose a massive restriction and cost a lot of HP until you are pushing serious power figures.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:51 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by American Revolution
There is no "best" as all applications are different. If you intended to have a 6800-8000 RPM power band, then by all means, the Victor Jr would work well. But you aren't doing that as is evident with your combo. You are looking for something that shines in the 5000-6400 RPM range. That would be a longer runner intake like the LS6 or FAST. It is a big mistake to believe that runner length and size do not matter under boost. Remember, you need NA power to build boost.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
No I didnt say that.

But a stock LS6 intake and TB have been proven into the 8's and 1000+bhp.

A stock LS6 intake and TB would be better than the very restrictive elbow you pictured above.

Fitting a 90mm TB to an LS6 intake, or indeed most boosted engines is a complete and utter waste of money when once again the factory size has been proven to over 1000bhp with no issues whatsoever.

Some believe than a Vic jnr and proper full elbow is better than an LS6. I still dont recall seeing any back to back tests to prove this.
I run a Vic Jnr myself having swapped from an LS6. But that was primarily for looks only. I dont believe for one second it increased performance on mine, but I dont have any dyno data to support that either way.
As I now run 2inj per cylinder, I cannot easily revert back to a stock intake to try.

If I was to buy another intake, it would be a proper large plenum style like a Pro Flo.

But again, you dont state how much clearance you actually have for any intake.

Then of course there are others who say the FAST intakes are better with boost.

There is also the Super Vic Jnr, which is a much taller version of the carb intake, which with more volume etc should be better again than the shorter version, IF you have the clearance for it.

So really, there are a multitude of options. But none of them will pose a massive restriction and cost a lot of HP until you are pushing serious power figures.
Nice post.

Quick Reply: What victor jr. Should i buy?