Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Getting rid of my Precision 76gts... Looking at a GT91!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Getting rid of my Precision 76gts... Looking at a GT91!

Well guys, Im building a new motor, and I really want to break that 200mph mark at the mile, so Im ditching the Precision 76gts in search of a GT 91.

Here is a link to the turbo for sale if anyone is interested
https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...-upgrades.html

So does anyone have any dyno sheets with a GT 91? Jose @ Forced Induction recommended this turbo for me but Im curious to see the kinds of numbers it makes on 400+ cubic inch motors. Im also very interested in spool time as well. So let me know what you got!

Thanks LS1tech!
Old 04-22-2011, 11:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wait for the GT-91 was crazy and imho its a bastard turbo. I think if i have problems down the road it might be hard to get anything for it and I also anticipate a minimum of 3 month turnaround. It does seem to build boost extremely fast but I may be over running my stall a bit. I'm hoping to have dyno+track times (7000+DA) soon.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gsxr1k2
The wait for the GT-91 was crazy and imho its a bastard turbo. I think if i have problems down the road it might be hard to get anything for it and I also anticipate a minimum of 3 month turnaround. It does seem to build boost extremely fast but I may be over running my stall a bit. I'm hoping to have dyno+track times (7000+DA) soon.
Well I talked to Jose yesterday and he said that wait is about a week right now.
and you just mean that because its not similar to other turbo's (component wise)? I would think Jose could rebuild it for you if you ever had problems....
Old 04-22-2011, 11:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KILLER-LS1
Well I talked to Jose yesterday and he said that wait is about a week right now.
and you just mean that because its not similar to other turbo's (component wise)? I would think Jose could rebuild it for you if you ever had problems....
I'm sure he would and that would be fine just I know to triple the time frame with them. Not saying there lazy or slow- just seem plagued with back order parts for the Gt-91. I'm not 100% sure but I think nobody has any parts for this turbo in stock nor carry's them other than forcedinductions. Not saying I wouldn't buy another 91 but its something to think about.

Quick Reply: Getting rid of my Precision 76gts... Looking at a GT91!