Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Ebay Turbo Kits... Your Thoughts????

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tripblackls1
i running the same ebay hot parts(ptk) as extremedime, the kit is not super horrible, but dont think of using the down pipe that comes with it, and the vbands fit like crap, honestly the only reason im using it is because i have to keep my ac otherwise it would be truck manifold setup

if you wanted to keep AC you could have done the C6/truck manifold kit for cheaper. manifolds are MUCH more durable and cheaper than that Ebay crap. I helped a friend down here with his Z28 and it was a nightmare. he ordered the kit. lets just point out its all just a bunch of random universal parts you have to put together to form a half assed turbo kit that you will toss in less than a few months. do it once, do it right bro.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

guys running the ebay hot parts did you use the gaskets that came with it for the vbands?
i there causing my vbands to not sit correctly and i had manage to get them all to work until last night i caught the crossover pipe on the road and it knocked apart the pass side vband
i want to just run it without the gasket but im worried about exhaust leaks

another reason not to own this system
Old 04-30-2011, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't use gaskets with V-bands. Defeats the purpose.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98TA6.0
guys running the ebay hot parts did you use the gaskets that came with it for the vbands?
i there causing my vbands to not sit correctly and i had manage to get them all to work until last night i caught the crossover pipe on the road and it knocked apart the pass side vband
i want to just run it without the gasket but im worried about exhaust leaks

another reason not to own this system
wtf why did you feel the need to quote me from a thread about a simple question?,
guess what i had made a mistake using the gaskets in the vbands i took the one out on the pass side and it fix my problem and im going to take the rest out as well has nothing to do with the kit just my OCD stupidness

the fact is i could have built a c6 manifold set up but there really is not any info on them, and my car is a street/canyon car so that means i on top of having ac i have to fit a large sway bar and 10.5 wide wheels (295 rubber) and the car is lowerd 2.5 inchs
i know that i could make the ptk/egay kit work(and did) but i do not know if i could make c6 manifolds work and im not willing to spend my time and money on something that might not work
i may end up redoing this kit either with cbr hotparts and k or with a fbody pass manifold and flipped truck driver manifold that keeps the same design of the ptk/egay kit but that will not be untill i have a big enough problem that i give up on it

pls unless you have something useful to say to me and stop trolling me
Old 05-01-2011, 01:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be easy guys! No need to start a fight over stupid ****!

Quick Reply: Ebay Turbo Kits... Your Thoughts????