Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone know if Forced Inductions made it through the storms ok?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Someone on Yellowbullet said that they spoke to Jose and they are ok. Just no power, phones or gas at this time.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:28 PM
no title here

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
I work for AT&T also and we have been forced out this week down here to catch up on the work so we can go help out in Tuscaloosa.

We were told they were going to send construction crews out there first to get the infrastructure back together and then send the I&M crews (me) right after to get the services working.
I'm in I&M as well in Montgomery 2 hrs away and we sent 2 people from our work center and that's it. We're so under staffed it's dumb. I'm sure you'll be working 13 on and one off. On your one off you should come to Montgomery Motor Sports park. PM me if you do I went to Mississippi after Katrina for several months and I would have loved some good downtime
Old 05-01-2011, 11:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by skyhighsami
I'm in I&M as well in Montgomery 2 hrs away and we sent 2 people from our work center and that's it. We're so under staffed it's dumb. I'm sure you'll be working 13 on and one off. On your one off you should come to Montgomery Motor Sports park. PM me if you do I went to Mississippi after Katrina for several months and I would have loved some good downtime
Under staffed is an understatement. We had 19 ST's 3 years ago and we are down to 10. We have the same amount of work and now we have been doing uverse for almost 2 years now so thats more work in the work load. We went from 7 FT's to 3. Yeah the dreaded 13 and 1 but you can't lie that its not good money, plus the per diem for going out of town.

For Katrina I was working in N.O at the time and we did 13 and 1 for a year and a half(uncle sam loved us). If I would of known you went to Miss. we could of hit up Hubcity or Gulfport Dragway.

We will see next week who goes to Bama.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
Someone on Yellowbullet said that they spoke to Jose and they are ok. Just no power, phones or gas at this time.
Thats some good news.

Andy
Old 05-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

Thoughts and prayers to all affected by the storms. On the att side at least yall get compensated for what yall do. I am a prem tech(but not for long!!) and they were talking about sending some of us. I kind of like the out of town stuff, just wish i got compensated a little better.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by n97240
Thoughts and prayers to all affected by the storms. On the att side at least yall get compensated for what yall do. I am a prem tech(but not for long!!) and they were talking about sending some of us. I kind of like the out of town stuff, just wish i got compensated a little better.
Yeah you would have to quit and then rehire to our side after 6 months, there is no transferring between the two. Hopefully when they get ya'll in the union and it will change all that.

To Jose at FI: Post up man so we know you are alright.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

I dont really care for the company. All the I&M guys in my area are bitchin because of all the stupid uverse procedures finding their way over to yalls side. I just dont think i can handle the company at all! Ive made all my #'s and five star right from the time i started and they just cant leave you alone to do your job!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

TTT, let's us know when ya can!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Ok guys....everyone is OK. We had no power, phones, limited water in some areas and cell service was pretty much non-existent. We are all back now at work today, but we are limited to just 1 phone line right now. So please email or PM us if you can't get through. We are running the CNC's around the clock to get all the parts machined and out the door ASAP. The Tornado that ripped through cullman missed us by about 3 miles. Cullman downtown is now pretty much an open field where the Tornado took its path. Our heart goes out to the ones that weren't as fortunate.

All Garretts, Borg Warners, Turbonetic units and even Holset units will begin shipping end of the week on regular schedule again.

Thanks guys for the patience.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DrTurbo
Ok guys....everyone is OK. We had no power, phones, limited water in some areas and cell service was pretty much non-existent. We are all back now at work today, but we are limited to just 1 phone line right now. So please email or PM us if you can't get through. We are running the CNC's around the clock to get all the parts machined and out the door ASAP. The Tornado that ripped through cullman missed us by about 3 miles. Cullman downtown is now pretty much an open field where the Tornado took its path. Our heart goes out to the ones that weren't as fortunate.

All Garretts, Borg Warners, Turbonetic units and even Holset units will begin shipping end of the week on regular schedule again.

Thanks guys for the patience.
woot! Glad all the staff is ok; I bet it seems like a different place down there now.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Glad to you hear ya'll are ok.

To everybody who ordered something from Forced Inductions: They have had a set-back, so if your **** is late getting to you, GET OVER IT! NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR IT INCLUDING THEM!

Quick Reply: Anyone know if Forced Inductions made it through the storms ok?