Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Ok finally starting my ERL 427 install in the 99TT

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 10:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Boo"SS"t
Hmmm....could you expound on these just a little bit more? Holy crap man, this has to be some sort of a record of the longest post on this site! LOL!! . BTW, very nice build!
I type fast and like to write! LOL

I know can get wordy.And post on several boards so do get redundant am old forget bit what and where i post.

Sway bar seemed to tighten things up pretty good.

Also took buddy for ride and we saw boost only going to like 6 something not
10 and have 10psi springs. But using eboost for monitoring and found out it still shows overboost so have to raise that up now to see it go to 10 I think.
Still need to get it actually hooked up to control things.Likley try boost by rpm first then boost by gear if don't like the boost by rpm.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
I type fast and like to write! LOL

I know can get wordy.And post on several boards so do get redundant am old forget bit what and where i post.

It's all good, man! I've actually wondered before if you're a writer or something. BTW, we're all still waiting on some videos of that beast.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:01 PM
TECH Veteran

PST shaft is shipping out today. Now that is fast service! Should have it on the car by monday ,tuesday I would think.
Took car if for wheel alignment it was way out since put 427 on new bmr kmember.
Also got wheel balance checked and checked for rim problems. and had hub centric? things put on back wheels already had some on front.Have not had chance yet to take car out on highway and see if 100mph to about 110mph vibration is better or gone away but will in next day or two ,possibly wait till get the new carbon fiber driveshaft on there then check.

This was major issue that stopped me from running car at track last season and the vibration got really bad past 90mph but think a lot of that was drivetrain angles and pretty sure got that much better now as well as the vibration is now reducted to a very small 10mph type of window.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Ok fedex came by and brought me a derale trans cooler with fan pretty sure same one you have Tom.Hopefully can figure out a nice place to mount it. And go a derale pan with the tubes it looks pretty deep so hope it works out ok for ground clearance.Anyone run that derale pan with the cooling tubes? My car is stock ride height and staying that way.

I had my driveshaft shipped to buddies house as figured it wouldn't be ready till after I had moved to BC and he was not back from out of town today so didn't get it. Now likely won't get it in there till monday or tuesday. Back tuesday from taking z06 to BC then only three of four days till leave for good. Trans am will stay back and fly out and get it in september sometime. Was hoping could leave it at house until it sold but looks like it just sold and with quick possession.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Updates: PST carbon fiber driveshaft is installed,very nice looking piece. Seems pretty smooth. And they are very very strong and very safe as well, and light.
Installed derale cooler found place for it under there in front. Fan seems to work good. It comes on at 160 degrees. I used existing aux trans cooler this long cylindrical fin thing which is mounted behind my air dam as well but now not using the Ron Davis built in rad cooler in the rad.
I still may use the derale pan with the cooling tubes have to see about ground clearance.My car is not lowered so that should help but the derale pan is pretty deep. Roads are much nicer in Kelowna though then in my former city Regina,sask which has horrendous roads.
Gave the ERL 427 its second oil change to 20/50 non synth. Engine running great.
LG turbos working great.
Will be flying back to Regina then drive the 99 out to BC near end of september. May dyno it and tune it on way out or may just wait till next spring.
Should be fun drive thru the mountains ,just drove my z06 out to BC week ago and had great time ,especially fun was dueling with some stupid diesel turbo truck guys that had this silly idea they could keep up with a z06 in the mountains. LOL. I think they found out they couldn't take 25mph corners at 60mph like my vette can. They were reasonably quick on the straights but have the aerodynamics of a barn door. They do great off the line but didn't do much of that with them.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:51 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok fedex came by and brought me a derale trans cooler with fan pretty sure same one you have Tom.Hopefully can figure out a nice place to mount it. And go a derale pan with the tubes it looks pretty deep so hope it works out ok for ground clearance.Anyone run that derale pan with the cooling tubes? My car is stock ride height and staying that way.

I had my driveshaft shipped to buddies house as figured it wouldn't be ready till after I had moved to BC and he was not back from out of town today so didn't get it. Now likely won't get it in there till monday or tuesday. Back tuesday from taking z06 to BC then only three of four days till leave for good. Trans am will stay back and fly out and get it in september sometime. Was hoping could leave it at house until it sold but looks like it just sold and with quick possession.
AL call me
Old 09-09-2011, 11:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Update: Have completed my move to Kelowna BC.Looking forward to hooking up with some vette and f body brohs.Roads here are much better condition than back home in Regina and scenery is amazing and so nice to have curvy mountain roads to play on the z06 especially is huge fun on these roads. These are the roads it was meant to be on.
Hoping if get a chance to also check out Thunder Mountain Raceway our local 1/8 mile track and next year Mission BC an awesome sea level track about four hours away its 1/4 mile and many records have been set there.
Need a lot of practice with the z06 due to it being standard and all the hills .Kind of happy now that converted my 99TT to auto.Was even thinking to convert the Z06 to auto or maybe they will offer auto c7 z06.But still want to get a 2008 snakeskin green vert viper and they only come in six speed manual like the z06 and ZR1.So guess have to practice.
Should be going back to get the 99TT unless have buddy drive it out here for me. Should still get a month or so of driving in as weather is much nicer here than in Sask so more time to play with the toys.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Kelowna is an amazing place, sometimes we take snowmobile trips up there. I've been in town for new years and that place was the place to be!
Old 12-18-2011, 03:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Like to update every once in awhile. Not really much to say though. My 99TT is sleeping at buddies place ,sold my house back in Saskatchewan so had to move the car and didn't get it out to BC so worry about it next year. Still not 100% sure am keeping it ,still might sell it and get Viper or maybe really nice boat but not going to worry about this either right now.
Found out there is 1/4 mile track about 2.5 hours and not sure if the 1/8 mile track 15 minutes or so out is closing or not. And there is Mission BC track about 5 hours out 1/4 mile.
I still plan to hopefully dyno/track the 99TT this coming year but it may require a pretty far drive to maybe Calgary or Edmonton or Vancouver to dyno it.Could do this maybe when driving it out to BC be going thru Calgary or Edmonton.
Car at least was pretty much finished up and only few things left that would do on it if do keep it. Get meth injection hooked up. Hook up boost controller so it can control the boost currently was just monitoring it. But the car was pretty damn fast at 10psi base spring.
Guess would also finish up getting the spray working .It was physically installed ,just need to finish wiring it up.
Might change out stall to think Circle D stall if keep car. Want to be able to lock up anytime I want can't do that with the yank stall.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:21 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Sweet

Like to update every once in awhile. Not really much to say though. My 99TT is sleeping at buddies place ,sold my house back in Saskatchewan so had to move the car and didn't get it out to BC so worry about it next year. Still not 100% sure am keeping it ,still might sell it and get Viper or maybe really nice boat but not going to worry about this either right now.
Found out there is 1/4 mile track about 2.5 hours and not sure if the 1/8 mile track 15 minutes or so out is closing or not. And there is Mission BC track about 5 hours out 1/4 mile.
I still plan to hopefully dyno/track the 99TT this coming year but it may require a pretty far drive to maybe Calgary or Edmonton or Vancouver to dyno it.Could do this maybe when driving it out to BC be going thru Calgary or Edmonton.
Car at least was pretty much finished up and only few things left that would do on it if do keep it. Get meth injection hooked up. Hook up boost controller so it can control the boost currently was just monitoring it. But the car was pretty damn fast at 10psi base spring.
Guess would also finish up getting the spray working .It was physically installed ,just need to finish wiring it up.
Might change out stall to think Circle D stall if keep car. Want to be able to lock up anytime I want can't do that with the yank stall.
SWEET
Old 03-07-2012, 01:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Well its already march 6th! Been in Kelowna 6 months now and really really love this place. Its been a great winter compared to usual back home winters but they did have one of the warmest winters on record back in my old stomping grounds in Regina,Saskatchewan.
I just plated my z06 a few days ago and it was like 56 out and thats not bad for early march.
My 99 is as said back in Regina and have to fly back in may or so or get buddies from there to bring it to me as still not planning to ship it out here.
So far still keeping car unless get happy price which for sure is 40k now that have that ERL in there and car was running so nice.
There are a lot of people with big money out here and already now some guys into this type of car ,one guy with supercharged new camaro that used to have an older viper and he has some crazy buds and few said they might be interested in my car when it comes out here, though so you never know but for now planning on keeping it and having some fun with it.
Still thinking hard on going with circle d over yank converter maybe even have buds back in Regina install it for me before get the car. Yank can't be locked up at higher power levels and really would like a lock up bit tighter converter in there.
Other than that car is pretty much all finished with just some mostly minor little things to do on it. I guess three track options Thunder is open again this year there was some doubt about that but 2012 schedule is up. There is track like 2.5 hours away and Mission BC bit farther. And still not sure if any decent dyno here sounds like still would go to Calgary,Edmonton or Vancouver.

So anyway looking forward to spring and hopefully a good year with the 99 TT. Or a nice viper if the 99TT does get sold. Or guess could maybe super the z06 but still planning to think leave it stock or very very near stock ,very near stock to me means like a tune and cold air intake. And once I start WELL...LOL
Old 04-21-2012, 01:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Already past middle of April. Been a not too bad spring here so far. Forecast is to hit 70 or so this weekend. Plans now are to go to Regina and drive back the 99TT myself around end of may. Starting job in real estate here shortly and be busy with that for next few weeks.Also with current tires on the 99 TT best to go thru mountains bit later in season as the tires are not very snow/ice friendly.

Quick Reply: Ok finally starting my ERL 427 install in the 99TT