Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boost car tunned on a Aero Force Gauge???

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 03:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
Ahh gotcha.. Yea, I clicked the link and it sounded pretty cool, but once I saw it didnt have any 98-02 fbody listed, I stopped looking. I may have to check it out and read more about it since I know it works with our cars now.
let me know if you have any questions.

it has 2 analog inputs, 0-60 and 1/4 mile timer, hours of logging capabilities, and more.

Oh, yeah...it also has tuning capabilities
Old 05-25-2011, 04:04 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have a quick question.. So I can't put my own HPT tunes on the trinity in any of the 5 extra tunes spots?
Old 05-25-2011, 04:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
Have a quick question.. So I can't put my own HPT tunes on the trinity in any of the 5 extra tunes spots?
No.
It will accept tunes from our CMR software however.

And, FWIW, it will actually hold like 7 or 8 custom tunes at a time.

It will also generally read an unlocked/non custom OS tune from the PCM as the stock tune and allow you to modify it through the adjustable parameters if you desire.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1320
wow, just wow.......talk about internet bs. Any semi experienced tuner can easily use an aeroforce gauge to do several things.....

1. keep and or save their engine from breakage. (knock retard with adjutable lighted alert)
2. ad on a wideband for tuning.
3. ad on a boost gaugeif wanted.

In reality the boost number is just a number....you dont even need to know it. I dont like digital boost gauges so I dont use them that way. The wide band is available and yes you need to ad on a wideband sensor. You dont have to input the wideband into a logger to tune, yes its nice, but for many many many years we tuned without logging the afr every second. Yes you obviously need a tuner program, like hp, efi live, tuner cats etc etc....but the aeroforce gauge can give you great information driving around when you dont have a laptop hooked up. Most of all, knock retard....and if your watchful, where and when it happens so you can make a tune change and try it out.

I fabricate turbo systems daily, and I will not sell one if the buyer doesnt have some sort of gauge to monitor knock. If they cant afford the gauge, they cant afford boost......one tank of bad gas, and its over, hot dry weather, etc etc .......
im sorry but anybody that tunes a boosted car without datalogging afr should never touch a laptop aging
Old 05-26-2011, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats pretty funny considering there were fast boosted cars long before affordable datalogging.......I remember making chips for 9 and 10 sec gn's......I also remember the first time I used a real time emulator in a 89 tta......Hell can you believe people actually tuned cars before widebands TOO? People used egt gauges.......and before that they even had to look at this crazy thing called a spark plug. Can you imagine that? Actually having to take somethng out of the engine?

How absurd right
Old 05-26-2011, 10:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you can't tune with it as it cannot make changes to the PCM. It can, however, check and clear DTCs. You can pipe two analog inputs to it. I pipe fuel pressure and one of my wide band outputs to it. The reason I pipe the WB into it is for the annunciators. I have mine set up to trip the LEDs when I'm >3# of boost and >12:1 AFR. With two aeroforce gauges you could have one alert for lean WOT, one for KR and one for high IAT.

But tuning, no.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:01 PM
TECH Regular

every one i know you can NOT tune the car with a gauge (it was worded poorly) i was asking if any one has tuned and then ran one and got the same or averaged out to be close or aka IS it Accurate
Old 05-26-2011, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes...........
Old 06-20-2011, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I got to get something to tune, or at least monitor things. That Trinity is a little steep. Im not sure the Aero Force will work with this swap I got a 2002 LQ4 in a 1981TA, with all the truck stuff, PCM, and all.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got the Aeroforce! Reads alot, now I just need to learn what is out of whack! Great product!!

Last edited by MillsMotorvation; 07-15-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

The aeroforce is a good guage to have imo. I just like.it because its reads and clears codes and a number of other things.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

When are you making a trinity for lt1

Quick Reply: Boost car tunned on a Aero Force Gauge???