Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Any idea how much boost with f1a and 5.25 pulley and 7.25 Crank pulley?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 02:42 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any idea how much boost with f1a and 5.25 pulley and 7.25 Crank pulley?

So i picked up an f1a procharger, And i have a stock bottom end on my car. And looking to run it for a bit tell i can build the motor, And im curious if a 5.25 pulley will be big enough? i do have long tube headers and full exhaust on the car. so hoping that helps bring it down a little. but anyone have any experience on this?
Old 06-03-2011, 05:41 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Stock camshaft? Probably in the 12 psi range if the stock camshaft is being used. Bob

How much boost the blower can produce depends on many variables.
* Cubic inch. The larger the engine the less boost it will make with a supercharger.
* Headers and exhaust. A better flowing system will produce less boost, requires a smaller pulley to regain the loss in boost. Ultimately though, more power will be gained.
* Camshaft and heads. A camshaft with some overlap will leak out some boost through the valves. Better flowing heads react a lot like a better flowing exhaust system.
* Altitude. Elevation plays a big part in how much boost is produced. Those people living in the higher elevations have to spin the blower harder to see boost.
* Condition of engine. An engine with real good sealing rings will ultimately produce more boost than one with worn rings.
* Rpm. An engine that is spun up higher in the rpm range will normally produce more boost.

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-03-2011, 06:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

I was seeing about 8.5lbs at 5800. I need to get the car tuned and adjusted to 6200. Bob from Brute Speed said it should be about 10lbs at 6200. Altitude and exhaust also will come into affect.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Banned

Ok well I'm low altitude. I'm over in Hawaii so. The engine is stock as I'm aware of. But then again when i bought the car the last owners had now clue of any of the other mods done to it. They told me it only had exhaust. Ans ended up having allot done to the transmission and and suspension, So could be wrong. So really no idea on the cam, i think most seals would be ok on the car, It only has 34k . As for Exhaust. I have pace setter long tubes. And Hooker catback. No catalytic converters any anything.

So do you think i should try and get a bigger pulley made? or use a restrictor plate to drop a bit more? And about how much would the blower cam you sell help brig it down?
Old 06-03-2011, 11:34 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Our cam would probably drop the boost by about a pound or so, and not having cats will help too. A restrictor plate would be the cheapest way to limit the boost, as having a customer pulley made can get expensive. Bob

Old 06-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Banned

Thanks for the heads up... Now is there anyone that sells restirctor plates for the procharger? or something ill just have to end up making? Also what are your thoughts about a waste gate instead?
Old 06-04-2011, 08:03 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by FlipediS
Thanks for the heads up... Now is there anyone that sells restirctor plates for the procharger? or something ill just have to end up making? Also what are your thoughts about a waste gate instead?
Check with East Coast Supercharger for a restrictor plate. I feel the restrictor plate would be easier to install and will cost less than a wastegate. Bob

Old 01-28-2013, 08:53 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FlipediS
So i picked up an f1a procharger, And i have a stock bottom end on my car. And looking to run it for a bit tell i can build the motor, And im curious if a 5.25 pulley will be big enough? i do have long tube headers and full exhaust on the car. so hoping that helps bring it down a little. but anyone have any experience on this?
Back from the dead. I was about to ask the same question. How did you make out?

Quick Reply: Any idea how much boost with f1a and 5.25 pulley and 7.25 Crank pulley?