Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Too much boost....she is smoking bad!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 08:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ledoux1967
No problem i will most likely bring it tomorrow after you get off of work, ill text you tomorrow.
Thanks scott!

Originally Posted by dudeman
sorry to hear about your motor.

so you were running pump gas and meth when this happend?

did the meth fail?

if so, why did the meth stop working?
Yes, pump gas only. Well, the meth didn't fail... i couldn't keep my damn foot out of it when i knew my meth tank had a leak and was empty. Totally my fault but i learned a valuable/expensive lesson!! Thanks
Old 07-03-2011, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, i took the motor apart and the verdict is in.... a guide was starting to drop/move around. The head had been repaired (before i bought them) in the guide and chamber area on #7 and it looks like the repair didn't hold. The shortblock looks great with no issues. I really didn't think it was going to be the heads.....i would have preferred to just buy some new heads and keep my 370" but oh well.... The good news is that i have the new 408 installed and it is running great! The extra stroke makes a big difference on torque down low and really spools the turbo's fast now. I will have to get the tune touched up a bit to make sure it is good under big boost but i will hopefully hit the track in the next month or so.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same issue recently happened to me. But my fail point turned out to be broken ringlands and the top of the piston missing!

Quick Reply: Too much boost....she is smoking bad!