Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

02' Pewter Z-28 Get a Custom F1-A Kit Thrown in

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 03:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RESULTS ARE IN... And a Little unexpected.

Conditions in the shop are,

5530 elevation
Air Temp 84 Deg
Bar Pressure 29.94 In Hg
Humidt 21 %

Calc DA = 8772 ft.

Dyno Jet Model 248c

805 RWHP SAE corrected.
661 RWHP Uncorrected.

Were seeing 13psi of boost on a 11 to 1 compression motor.

Aprox Sealevel Boost correction would be, 16psi to acheave the same RWHP results at sealevel.

Only did 2 pulls on the Dyno... Dyno #1 spun the tires bad and did not get a good reading.

Dyno #2 put down 725 RWHP with the power flattening after 5500 rpms showing signs of belt slip.

Tigntened down the belt, added some belt dressing, added 2 deg of timing with still alot of room to grow since were on E85, but had a problem with our 2nd pump activation on pull #3 so had to back out.

Fixed 2nd pump activation (poor ground connection) , and did a full pass and Dyno #4 is the result...

I have no doubt with a cooler engine, more timing, Zero belt slip (cause it's still prevelent on the dyno sheet after 6200 rpms), And re-working the dual -6an feed lines to the stock rail (were running out of fuel based off of the cars wide band running towards 13.0 in the upper rpms), On this patucular setup we were not using bears wideband, though it was hooked up.

If the issues mentioned above were not there we could have hit around 850+ WHP, and I'm crazy enough to push it there..

She's currently tuned right now for Aprox 700 rwhp on the street to try and keep the stock internals alive for a while. We decided to give it a glory pass on the Dyno to see what she can do, the numbers outsurpassed any thoughts or expectations we had, And the boys that were at the Dyno stated we broke a few records with this pull of 805 rwhp on this paticular Dyno, The most wheel hp they can recall on a stock bottom end.

We had a great day today ! Time to hit the sack !

Clint
Old 07-02-2011, 03:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn nice numbers. This makes me want to do a procharger on my car. Congrats
Old 07-02-2011, 08:55 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

E85 or not, those piston ringlands are not going to last long at that kind of power level. It's not even the HP that's the issue, it's the max torque that will snap one, no matter what fuel you're running.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^. I agree there's a risk, We were not planning on seeing this boost level right out of the gate, but since we are we gave it a glory pass on the Dyno to see what she will do. She's de tuned now to about 700whp corrected. Were going to make a few adjustments, throw the 805 tune back in and see what kind of times she will do at the track. Don't know how we will hook but she should trap 130+ at our 8,000+ average DA here in Denver.

Clint

Quick Reply: 02' Pewter Z-28 Get a Custom F1-A Kit Thrown in