Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Champion camaro ttix 848 rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 02:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Champion camaro ttix 848 rwhp

Just finished re-tuning Dimetri's 2010 Camaro. Motor is completely stock except for a valve spring change and flow master mufflers. Pump gas and meth. 16lbs of boost. 14 degrees of timing. Customer wanted the 800+ dyno,but will run lower boost on the street.
Attached Thumbnails Champion camaro ttix 848 rwhp-dimitri-kakridas.jpg  
Old 07-18-2011, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn impressive...the LS platform never ceases to amaze me.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which blower is being used?
Old 07-18-2011, 04:40 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by vmapper
Which blower is being used?
Twin Precision 62/65's
Old 07-18-2011, 07:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Champion Motors
Twin Precision 62/65's
Awesome #'s considering that it is a 99.99% bone stock... Are the snails t3/t4's or t4's?
Old 07-18-2011, 08:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man I'd love to do a build with 6265's, I'd push them straight to 1000whp and enjoy my cake and eat it too.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:19 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Boo"SS"t
Awesome #'s considering that it is a 99.99% bone stock... Are the snails t3/t4's or t4's?
T3/T4's
Old 07-19-2011, 09:24 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
Man I'd love to do a build with 6265's, I'd push them straight to 1000whp and enjoy my cake and eat it too.
On a corvette with forged 427 we made 1088rwhp so far running out of fuel pump.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Awsome numbers,
but... why are you SAE correcting a turbo setup? I was told a while back by Dynojet themselves and if you read on how J1349 is, that a system that controls the amount of boost via pressure (wastegate) eliminates correction needs... as you obtain same amount of pressure of air regardless of elevation.
you will hit x amount of boost, lets say its 16psi regardless if your 3000ft up or sea level.
and 16psi of air contains the same weight of oxygen regardless where you are. (because it is a positive pressure) The only thing that changes is the curve, you obtain your desired boost quicker because you gather more air per impeller rotation at sea level vs high up so your power curve shifts. Uncorrected should be used for truer numbers.
Is Dan Hourigan at dynojet wrong to say No correction for turbos? No. and here is why...

SAE correction for turbo charged cars is not correct because turbo's run off wastegates and a set boost pressure. This pressure will be reached regardless of elevation. Spring pressures don't change.
The content makeup of 'air' does not change the higher you go up either, the oxygen, nitrogen, argon, co2 etc is just spread further apart... but when compressed, its the same. 16psi of air collected from 10,000ft will contain the same o2 content as 16psi of air collected from sea level. (one just takes longer to collect)

There are light factors that come into play such as turbos will spin faster at higher elevation and create more heat and possibly exit their ideal efficiency range, but overall these variances are no where near how much SAE corrects for. The other is if the turbo is maxed out, as in, not reaching boost spring pressure.

Lets see the uncorrected numbers!
It would give all of us a better comparison.
Im sure they are still impressive !

Last edited by vmapper; 07-19-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:07 AM
TECH Resident

Awsome numbers,
but... why are you SAE correcting a turbo setup? I was told a while back by Dynojet themselves and if you read on how J1349 is, that a system that controls the amount of boost via pressure (wastegate) eliminates correction needs... as you obtain same amount of pressure of air regardless of elevation.
you will hit x amount of boost, lets say its 16psi regardless if your 3000ft up or sea level.
and 16psi of air contains the same weight of oxygen regardless where you are. (because it is a positive pressure) The only thing that changes is the curve, you obtain your desired boost quicker because you gather more air per impeller rotation at sea level vs high up so your power curve shifts. Uncorrected should be used for truer numbers.
Is Dan Hourigan at dynojet wrong to say No correction for turbos? No. and here is why...

SAE correction for turbo charged cars is not correct because turbo's run off wastegates and a set boost pressure. This pressure will be reached regardless of elevation. Spring pressures don't change.
The content makeup of 'air' does not change the higher you go up either, the oxygen, nitrogen, argon, co2 etc is just spread further apart... but when compressed, its the same. 16psi of air collected from 10,000ft will contain the same o2 content as 16psi of air collected from sea level. (one just takes longer to collect)

There are light factors that come into play such as turbos will spin faster at higher elevation and create more heat and possibly exit their ideal efficiency range, but overall these variances are no where near how much SAE corrects for. The other is if the turbo is maxed out, as in, not reaching boost spring pressure.

Lets see the uncorrected numbers!
It would give all of us a better comparison.
Im sure they are still impressive !
That's a very good thought, and I completely understand it. I never thought about that before.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Boo"SS"t
I never realized, that two turbos, intercooler, water /meth system, injectors,fuel pumps, valve springs, and probably a beta sd tune, and oil return system that probably ads up to over 10k in parts alone was only 00.01 %.....

Now you just have to keep a trans/clutch in it, drive shaft, rear,and axles....probably only another 00.01 %, it should be easy.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:54 AM
FormerVendor

Here are the uncorrected and STD numbers.
Attached Thumbnails Champion camaro ttix 848 rwhp-dimitri-kakridas-uncorrected.jpg   Champion camaro ttix 848 rwhp-dimitri-kakridas-std.jpg  
Old 07-19-2011, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why are the uncorrected and standard numbers higher then sae if you guys are at 850 ft and have around 60% humidity?

all good numbers.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Was this an auto or stick, and L99 or LS3 motor?
Old 07-19-2011, 01:22 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 1320
Why are the uncorrected and standard numbers higher then sae if you guys are at 850 ft and have around 60% humidity?

all good numbers.
Call Dynojet. Uncorrected and STD always read higher on there dynos.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:29 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 94 slow
Was this an auto or stick, and L99 or LS3 motor?
Stick,LS3.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Champion Motors
Call Dynojet. Uncorrected and STD always read higher on there dynos.
I had called... I talked to Dan- VP Dynamometer Sales
Dynojet Research Inc. p: (702)639-1113 about all of this some time ago...

Uncorrected is always a good 11-13% less where I live, on every dyno run, every car. Have a good 60+ .drf files if you like to see... it all depends on where the Dyno is... its not all their dynos across the board.

Very impressive, none the less...
Guess there is little difference in big T.O. with humility. I was just curious how much affect there was...
thanks for posting those!

Keep up the impressive work!

Last edited by vmapper; 07-19-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

I had called... I talked to Dan- VP Dynamometer Sales
Dynojet Research Inc. p: (702)639-1113 about all of this some time ago...

Uncorrected is always a good 11-13% less where I live, on every dyno run, every car. Have a good 60+ .drf files if you like to see... it all depends on where the Dyno is... its not all their dynos across the board.

Very impressive, none the less...
Guess there is little difference in big T.O. with humility. I was just curious how much affect there was...
thanks for posting those!

Keep up the impressive work!
I've actually NEVER seen ANY dyno where the uncorrected or STD numbers were less than the SAE.

It's always been my understanding that it goes in this order:
Uncorrected>Std.>SAE
Old 07-19-2011, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02blackbeauty19
I've actually NEVER seen ANY dyno where the uncorrected or STD numbers were less than the SAE.

It's always been my understanding that it goes in this order:
Uncorrected>Std.>SAE
Just looking at Champions motors that order you stated is wrong.. the posted STD > Uncorrected > SAE. (as seen above)

In this case Uncorrected and SAE are almost the same, meaning, the conditions were almost bang on for the SAE formula... im sure its -0.01.CF.

well,.. with an elevation of 3557 ft / 1084 m...where I am
how would the true power on the ground (uncorrected) be more than at sea level which is how SAE is referencing. We all know a N/A car will put more down at sea level (SAE - correcting the Uncorrected as if it was at sea level )than at high elevations.

SAE is set for: 77°F (25°C) day with 0% humidity and a barometric pressure of 29.234 in-Hg (99 KPa).
the dyno Pack module measures the actual and the CF is born.

we know Toronto could very well be 100kPa - so below the SAE sea level.
Raw weather station pressures need to be looked at if your curious as the weather station 'corrects' for their weather pressure as well.
e.g. where i live, the news says 100.54kPa, when reality, its only 89kpa. (and that can be verified by running Hp Tuners or similar scanner and see the Baro sensor with the engine not running) same as what the dynojet will see but in Inch/mercury

Ill Pm you a few for you to look at, I dont want to pollute ChampionMotors thread here... if you have the Winpep7 software i can send you a few files to look at too...

Last edited by vmapper; 07-19-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just get in the driver seat and enjoy the power and quit worrying about how it got there or why it's what it is.

I understand some people see the need in nit picking every detail, but when you have a car with power like this car or mine or a lot of other's on this site, number's don't matter anymore, or at least for me.

Quick Reply: Champion camaro ttix 848 rwhp