Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What do I need for a 140+ mph car ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 03:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1curt
probably not, its a little to far for me, i will be going to Lebanon soon tho. I should be up at Dons fall dyno day as well.
I'll probably see you at Don's then. Really nice car + setup man !

Originally Posted by Adam Connell
Why are you so bent on getting a built engine? Pick up a stock LQ4 (6.0) iron block, or a 5.3 and yes even the little 4.8... People are running 10's, 9's, and cars have dipped deep into the 8's with a JUNKYARD 6.0. Skinnies ran 154mph in his Rx7.

Spend the money you "saved" on the turbo/fuel/safety systems. By the time you nuke a stock block or two, you might know what you're doing and should step up to a built engine... I sure as hell wouldn't want to "learn" on a 4K+ short block.
I like the idea of the aluminum block and I figured I would build it once and build it right. I do see your point though. How much power can a stock shortblock LQ4 hold ? I was thinking the stock pistons would give out around 500hp.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSXFORMULA99
lol thats funny, i am about done with my turbi build. " 370 with s85"

I was just pointing out that with a smaller motor he doesn't HAVE to run a larger turbo. (i.e. more money) However, a large motor with a "small turbo" is just going to cause headaches.

I do like a 370ci with one of those S85's! 1400hp from just one turbo is plenty for most of the cars in here, including mine. Maybe I'll step down from my current setup (410ci+S85) if this motor doesn't hold and stretch the powerband out.

Quick Reply: What do I need for a 140+ mph car ?