Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

260z LQ4 maggie- fuel pressure not holding

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 260z LQ4 maggie- fuel pressure not holding

Hi, hope to get some help with my fuel system. I have an LQ4 with a magnuson (truck) supercharger kit that I transplanted in my car project. It utilizes a stock vacuum operated fuel regulator that was transferred into the maggie fuel rail. The fuel pump for my car project is a Mallory comp series 110FI. My question is why won't the fuel system maintain pressure when you initially turn the key to the ign position? The ECM & relay is wired to have 3 seconds of fuel pressure when the key is first turned on but the system will not hold pressure, so you have to start the car immediately or it will hesitate in starting. There are no fuel leaks / the regulator & o-rings have been replaced. I did call MR. Gasket to see if there "110FI" fuel pump was designed to hold " head pressure "when the pump kicks off. He said the fuel pump is designed to constantly run and would not hold pressure, but the way he answered me did not instill confidence . Appreciate knowledgeable help. Dan
Old 07-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like you got your answer from mallory. aeromotive makes a -6 check valve, kind of pricey but it would resolve your concern. im sure theres some other alternative out there, but you get what you pay for