Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Best Supercharger for 02 WS6??

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 05:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are any of yall that are running the Prochargers daily driving your cars? I'm curious about the cooling ability of the car after the install. Like driving in stop and go traffic.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S1LV3R
Are any of yall that are running the Prochargers daily driving your cars? I'm curious about the cooling ability of the car after the install. Like driving in stop and go traffic.
I drove mine everyday for a year and a half (before she blew) but it would get a little hot with the ac on if I was in traffic but I put a 2500cfm spal fan in place of the Procharger fan and ran 90% water 10% antifreeze and it would never get over 200. I will also be daily driving my new 370 ci F1A setup in about 2 weeks. jeff
Old 08-02-2011, 05:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by stngtamr29
I drove mine everyday for a year and a half (before she blew) but it would get a little hot with the ac on if I was in traffic but I put a 2500cfm spal fan in place of the Procharger fan and ran 90% water 10% antifreeze and it would never get over 200. I will also be daily driving my new 370 ci F1A setup in about 2 weeks. jeff
Thanks for the response. There was a sponsor here at one time that, I think, had a small fan on one side of the radiator and the other that came with the kit on the other side. Heard of that by chance?
Old 08-02-2011, 05:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by S1LV3R
Thanks for the response. There was a sponsor here at one time that, I think, had a small fan on one side of the radiator and the other that came with the kit on the other side. Heard of that by chance?
Yeah Ive seen that but with the spal it was almost a direct fit it just seemed easier and with less moving parts. jeff
Old 08-02-2011, 05:57 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah Ive seen that but with the spal it was almost a direct fit it just seemed easier and with less moving parts. jeff
Nice...just about the same combos lol
Old 08-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BlackDevilWS6
please advise if theres any additional items i should get along with the procharger.. like the subframe connectors that you mentioned so i can avoid any problems i might face in the future, PM me with this info plz and tell me what is the best way to contact you for purchasing..etc etc
Subframe connectors are a must and the stock rear end probably won't last long with 500+rwhp
Old 08-02-2011, 06:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by blue00ZZleeper
Nice...just about the same combos lol
Yeah your right I watched your build which helped to inspire mine. I did do something a little different but I dont know how its going to work Im putting a 66mm wastegate in the charge tube and an AMS 1000 to control it. If it works like I want it to I can control how much boost and can ramp it in when I want not to mention I can tame it down for around town driving. jeff
Old 08-02-2011, 06:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah your right I watched your build which helped to inspire mine. I did do something a little different but I dont know how its going to work Im putting a 66mm wastegate in the charge tube and an AMS 1000 to control it. If it works like I want it to I can control how much boost and can ramp it in when I want not to mention I can tame it down for around town driving. jeff

curious to see how this works, please post up some vid when you get her goin
Old 08-02-2011, 06:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01boydws6
curious to see how this works, please post up some vid when you get her goin
I will it should be ready in a couple weeks. jeff
Old 08-03-2011, 08:22 AM
10 Second Club

Procharger no questions. Contact Bob at Brute Speed.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:50 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AFASTYZFR1
Procharger no questions. Contact Bob at Brute Speed.
Thanks, I appreciate it! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 08-04-2011, 06:51 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by BlackDevilWS6
Thanks for the info bob, i tried calling the number on your site but nobody answered the phone, i need to know the pricing for the procharger (with shipping)

please advise if theres any additional items i should get along with the procharger.. like the subframe connectors that you mentioned so i can avoid any problems i might face in the future, PM me with this info plz and tell me what is the best way to contact you for purchasing..etc etc
Shoot me an e-mail with your address so I can figure shipping to you. brutespeed@gmail.com

Thanks. Bob

Old 08-04-2011, 09:01 PM
11 Second Club

I'm looking at doing the same thing. Street boost/tune and a race boost/tune.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

How about a price on the kit?
Old 08-04-2011, 10:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How about some of you guys lay off the dude and help him out. We were all newbs once that though cat-backs and K&N intakes were the end all be all of mods.

So tell him that he needs, headers (1 7/8 are fine), a good cat-back(i'd go with magnaflow over borla), FTP 102mm lid, SFC's, and LCA's with reloc. brackets are a good idea also to help your car hook all that newfound power. Get a small boost approved cam to compliment your sc and overall mods you have added. With 7-9 psi, and the mods above along with the 60# injectors and fuel system that comes with bob's kit you will have no problem making 500-600rwhp through a T56 6-speed. If you have a manual get a good clutch/flywheel and master cylinder set-up also. If it's an auto get a stall and a built tranny and good tranny cooler.

As long as you don't take your car to the track and/or don't dump the clutch out from a dead stop you won't need un upgraded rear end until you decide you want to go the track and have some real fun

Since you have a 02 WS6 you also already have the good LS6 intake so I'd say with the above mods you'll be very happy and satisfied....for a while.

It would also be a good idea to do more suspension mods than what I listed, but those two are the main two first things you need to do. Then get an adj. PHB and adj. tq. arm when you upgrade the rear end or even before and get good shocks. Stock springs work great for hooking up.

Get a good tune and a methanol injection kit also down the road to help your stock bottom end live.

I know this is a lot, but this is what will keep your car running the way it does now, only with about 300 more hp

Keep doing lots of research in this section, you will figure out what needs to be done soon enough.
The following users liked this post:
Static1 (01-04-2023)
Old 08-05-2011, 06:30 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by gs462
How about a price on the kit?
http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-1GJ20...-Speed-Kit.htm
Price includes shipping in the 48 states. Thanks. Bob

Old 08-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
How about some of you guys lay off the dude and help him out. We were all newbs once that though cat-backs and K&N intakes were the end all be all of mods.

So tell him that he needs, headers (1 7/8 are fine), a good cat-back(i'd go with magnaflow over borla), FTP 102mm lid, SFC's, and LCA's with reloc. brackets are a good idea also to help your car hook all that newfound power. Get a small boost approved cam to compliment your sc and overall mods you have added. With 7-9 psi, and the mods above along with the 60# injectors and fuel system that comes with bob's kit you will have no problem making 500-600rwhp through a T56 6-speed. If you have a manual get a good clutch/flywheel and master cylinder set-up also. If it's an auto get a stall and a built tranny and good tranny cooler.

As long as you don't take your car to the track and/or don't dump the clutch out from a dead stop you won't need un upgraded rear end until you decide you want to go the track and have some real fun

Since you have a 02 WS6 you also already have the good LS6 intake so I'd say with the above mods you'll be very happy and satisfied....for a while.

It would also be a good idea to do more suspension mods than what I listed, but those two are the main two first things you need to do. Then get an adj. PHB and adj. tq. arm when you upgrade the rear end or even before and get good shocks. Stock springs work great for hooking up.

Get a good tune and a methanol injection kit also down the road to help your stock bottom end live.

I know this is a lot, but this is what will keep your car running the way it does now, only with about 300 more hp

Keep doing lots of research in this section, you will figure out what needs to be done soon enough.
wow! thats alot of MODS right there Thank you for the advice, thats the kind of response i was looking for

somebody recommended that i get the new Modular TT kit over the Procharger, i did some research on this kit and it seems pretty good but a tad expensive, the Procharger is still an option for me but i really want to make sure before i make a purchase, my car is not a daily car, just on the weekends..im gona start reading up on the mods you mentioned. Thanks again.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
It should get you into the 500 rwhp range. The cold air intake is not needed as it is part of the ProCharger system. I would add subframe connectors, as these cars really need them to keep the chassis structure solid when adding a lot of power. http://shop.brutespeed.com/BMR-SFC00...BMR-SFC001.htm Bob
Which subframe connectors do you recomend for road racing with a procharger, heads, headers, cat-back? Are 3-point subframe connectors overkill?

Thanks!

Jason
Old 01-14-2013, 12:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by South
Which subframe connectors do you recomend for road racing with a procharger, heads, headers, cat-back? Are 3-point subframe connectors overkill?

Thanks!

Jason
I like the BMR SFC001 subframe connectors, as they are strong and still give clearance for exhaust systems. http://shop.brutespeed.com/BMR-SFC00...BMR-SFC001.htm Bob

Old 01-14-2013, 01:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

so whats it gonna be , procharger or turbo. You can keep your ac with the procharger/

If you want good power heres a list of mods you should do to start

1 7/8 headers
60 lb injectors
procharger d1 kit with the 4.5" intercoolers with the 8 rib setup
cam from brutespeed along with other goodies
meth injection
fuel pump kit

then out course clutch and other stuff but what i listed it what you will need to make big power. A d1 kti with a cam and meth will get you there if your engine can hold it .

Quick Reply: Best Supercharger for 02 WS6??