Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

5.3 turbo keep stock 5.3 heads or use my ported ls6?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

again, you can sit here and use math and theory, but that isnt always practical. the example you provided hardly backs up your point, seeing as the made double the power the OP has in mind with "stage 1" (whatever that means) stock heads....
Got -a - ls1 was asking about which heads to use. I attempted to explain how which heads flow the best will yield even better gains on a boosted motor than on a NA motor. I believe that properly selecting the components on a budget build is just as important as on a high dollar build.

The example does back up what I was talking about. If you dont understand the post the example may not seam to back it up. If you do understand then it becomes clear and is backed up.

If you dont understand or believe what is posted above then I recommend either moving on or digging deeper by researching on your own.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys I have a few questions, I'm new to fi I'm ordering a single turbo kit for a 2000 5.3 I've heard that a stock ls1 cam will work or a ls6 zo6 cam, can anyone tell me if that's true or if I can get by with using all my stock parts for now and just upgrade injections and have it tuned after instal? Any help would be over much appreciated

Quick Reply: 5.3 turbo keep stock 5.3 heads or use my ported ls6?