Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Any videos on procharger enclosed race valve?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any videos on procharger enclosed race valve?

Ok so Im debating on witch BoV to buy. Im leaning towards the enclosed. because i figure. If i just let it vent it would be just as loud as the open one? But if i decide it was to loud i would be able to vent it out towards the exhaust to muffle the sound? Is this correct? Dose anyone have any videos of them running an enclosed? I find plenty of the open model but no luck finding any for the enclosed. thanks
Old 08-04-2011, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you want to vent it back into the blower intake. Do not get the race valve, its really loud unless you put a filter over it like I did then its quiet.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
I think you want to vent it back into the blower intake. Do not get the race valve, its really loud unless you put a filter over it like I did then its quiet.
No i dont want to vent back. I dont need to be putting hot air back in to the system. Sort of defeats the purpose of an intercooler if you ask me. And i dont know if putting a filter over it is a good idea? i mean isnt the purpose of a race valve to releave back pressure from the procharger? I mean if you have a filter on it i would think that would make more restriction. Then might as well of just stayed with the stock one? And once i build my motor i plan to run more boost so ill need the race valve. Just was thinking. That if i used the enclosed one. If i like it loud i could just leave it and vent it to atmosphere, But if i wanted to hide the noise i was thinking i could just run the next towards the exhaust. Im just looking for people who have tried this. Or someone that actually knows more about this.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It is actually supposed to be routed back to the blower intake as stated above and being on the pressure Side it has already been through your intercooler so you would not be putting "hot" air back into the intake. Venting it back into the intake it will also be very quiet if that is what you are after with the race valve.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:48 AM
Banned

Ok i understand the enclosed is designed to be routed back to the blower. But the temperatures are still hotter then fresh cold air. So yes you would be putting hotter air back in to the intake. And on top of it. Personally when i mount the Bov its going to be before the intercooler. To keep the intercooler cooler, so there isn't constant hot air being blown through. And not sure i might like it loud. But i thinking the option of venting out by the exhaust. to make it a little less loud would be nice. I almost regret asking the question now with these answers Im getting? Dose anyone here actually know what there talking about? Or maybe im just not being clear enough? I dont know. Not trying to sound like an ***. But both of you are way off in my opnion. But then again im just a newb so what do i know?
Old 08-05-2011, 01:20 AM
Launching!

yep noob. bahaha.

in reality its not gonna superheat your intake charge by routing it to the intake it just wont arent most factory turbo cars like that? hell the housing is probably hotter than that air. as far as the filter its not near enough restriction to worry about whatsoever its not like pressurized air has to work its *** off to move through a filter media. routing it by the exhaust sounds a little far fetched and alot more of a hassle what if under vaccum and it was open it was suckin bits in of debris down there or super hot air that is around the exhaust pipes.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:29 AM
Banned

I must be a super newb. Because i thought a bov just blew out.. And didn't suck? And i dont think routing a vent tube back there would be much hassle. And still in reality.. Inst cooler always better? I mean most factory turbo cars are little 4 bangers with a couple hundred hp? Maybe not all.. but factory cars in allot of cases do things that compromise hp and power gains? I mean if that wasn't the case then people wouldn't mod there car? I really must just be lost.... my bad....
Old 08-05-2011, 01:45 AM
Launching!

well as far as the sucking thing i do believe there are different types of bov's and the one in question may not have the properties im describing. and as far as factory turbo cars there are 600hop twin turbo mercedes that are quiet as a mouse. why? because of recirculation. sti's run very good and theyre recirculated i believe. the main purpose for this is for emissions, intake noise, things like that.

this is basiclly the type of bov im talkin about.
http://youtu.be/M2--IIMSa9A

theres this lil gem that has back to back tests of a recirculated and atmosphereiclly vented bov on a dyno

cooler is better yes but in a boost situation think about how the air is reacting. when that air compresses it heats up dramaticlly. unless every dirty little horsepower matters its not a big deal and you wouldnt even be worrying about routing it somewhere else cause "its too loud".

Last edited by Canbarelygo; 08-05-2011 at 01:53 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:16 AM
Banned

I still dont get it. And whats that video talking about? By pas valves NEVER suck in air, Heck even if you go look a all the comments on that video everyone is calling him an idiot... Really? dont you think they would have a filter if they sucked in air? Thick of all the crap that would go through your motor lol.. Would you really be driving your car without a filter? The purpose is to blow out the boost when not using it. And it will never suck, Dose anyone on here know what they are talking about? and i thought i was the newb? And cooler air can add up a bunch.. Why else would people be putting in bigger intercoolers? cooler air. Allows for more timing?

And once again im not saying that you cant have a good running car recirculating. But if your going to spend all that money on it. might as well get the most out of it?

And my questions was just asking if anyone has done this type of set up.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:27 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by FlipediS
I still dont get it. And whats that video talking about? By pas valves NEVER suck in air, Heck even if you go look a all the comments on that video everyone is calling him an idiot... Really? dont you think they would have a filter if they sucked in air? Thick of all the crap that would go through your motor lol.. Would you really be driving your car without a filter? The purpose is to blow out the boost when not using it. And it will never suck, Dose anyone on here know what they are talking about? and i thought i was the newb? And cooler air can add up a bunch.. Why else would people be putting in bigger intercoolers? cooler air. Allows for more timing?

And once again im not saying that you cant have a good running car recirculating. But if your going to spend all that money on it. might as well get the most out of it?

And my questions was just asking if anyone has done this type of set up.

You are correct in the way you are thinking on the way the bypass valves work. They are always blowing out air until they close off. If I were you I would go ahead and go with the enclosed version.
http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-3FASS...-3FASS-007.htm Steel flange
http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-3FASS...-3FASS-003.htm Aluminum flange
The further back you route the exiting of the air, the quieter it will be to you inside the car. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 08-05-2011, 07:20 AM
TECH Addict

When I say the race valve is loud I don't mean just loud when you build boost and let off it. I mean its loud as in while you are driving and vacuum has it open venting air from the supercharger to atmosphere. It sounds like a jet engine while cruising and part throttle driving. Its really annoying. I put the filter over it and it made a world of difference. Do some searching and watch some videos of different valves and you will see what we are talking about. Do some learning and some research.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
When I say the race valve is loud I don't mean just loud when you build boost and let off it. I mean its loud as in while you are driving and vacuum has it open venting air from the supercharger to atmosphere. It sounds like a jet engine while cruising and part throttle driving. Its really annoying. I put the filter over it and it made a world of difference. Do some searching and watch some videos of different valves and you will see what we are talking about. Do some learning and some research.
I think you need to do some learning. Or understand how to read. I know they are loud. I know all of this.. That is why i asked about venting the enclosed one towards the back of the car.... Really is it that hard to understand?
Old 08-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
You are correct in the way you are thinking on the way the bypass valves work. They are always blowing out air until they close off. If I were you I would go ahead and go with the enclosed version.
The further back you route the exiting of the air, the quieter it will be to you inside the car. Bob
Thank you BOB!!! Finally someone that know what they are talking about!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Also, Is there any advantage of running the open one over the enclosed one? And if the enclosed one is venting straight to the atmosphere. Dose is sound comparable to to open one?
Old 08-05-2011, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FlipediS
I think you need to do some learning. Or understand how to read. I know they are loud. I know all of this.. That is why i asked about venting the enclosed one towards the back of the car.... Really is it that hard to understand?
Do you have a car with a supercharger on it? I am not going to get into a pissing contest with you. Do what you want. I was offering a suggestion. If you vent it by the exhaust its still loud just the exhaust covers up the sound, so then you must have a loud exhaust. Please understand I am trying to help you and your comments towards me were uncalled for.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You know you asked a question and we tried to help, won't make that mistake again as you apparently have all the answers.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 68 SS
You know you asked a question and we tried to help, won't make that mistake again as you apparently have all the answers.
x2. With your attitude good luck getting help from anyone.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Banned

Your right. I was being an ***. And im sorry about that. regardless If i disagreed. I shouldn't of been an *** about it. bad week, But no excuse, My apologize, thanks for trying to help.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:05 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

FlipediS... if you leave it open to atmosphere, especially up front, it's going to be loud. If you get the enclosed valve, you have then two choices, you can put a filter on the end of it to quiet it down, which is what I did, but haven't started the car yet as I was isntalling a clutch last night, or you can put a hose on the end of it and route it along the driveshaft tunnel towards the rear of the car. Routing it towards the back of the car isn't going to decrease the sound, it's just going to change the location of you hearing it.

Check out the video I did of my startup. You hear the supercharger and bypass valve very clearly up front, but as I walk around the car, that sound diminishes, and you hear more exhaust. The reason being is that the sound coming from the supercharger and bypass valve are higher pitch, which are more directional, think tweaters in your car stereo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb2H-QL6NeQ

I know you're worried about the filter being a restriction, but think about the restriction that a 1.5" hose that's 6+ feet long is going to create. Think headers with flow through mufflers off the collectors and then turn downs vs. headers with 2" exhaust pipe all the way to the tips, which one creates more restriction?
Old 08-11-2011, 07:14 AM
Teching In

Sounds like his mind is already made up on which one to buy and he is just looking for support from his fellow ls1tech friends. Gratification is the key to a happy life sir. On with your original opinions

Quick Reply: Any videos on procharger enclosed race valve?