Old 08-29-2011, 07:24 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

W2W has gone for some time
And i think your right just lock this thread. its getting very homo in here
Old 08-29-2011, 08:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I do not question why he is pissed, that is obvious. I question why he started this thread without trying to contact anybody first.
How much money Tom spends means nothing to me, when I am busy I do my best to finish everything as fast as possible, that has nothing to do with the dollar number. I had a ton of work at the time and Tom called and asked if I thought he could handle putting the engine together, I thought he could as all the bearing clearances were already done and I was backed up. Tom paid for the honing of the cylinders, Mark paid for installing the trigger wheel, Callies supplied the wheel, I took it apart and balanced the crank. Everybody got a little bite of the sandwich......

The bore on that engine was right at what I like for that type of build when I put it together. Then when it would not start in Tom's car he was mad so he parked it for awhile. After sitting for what looked like a few months he brought the engine in and I took it apart to check/fix the trigger wheel. At this time the cylinders were badly rusted and had to be honed, this is when the clearance grew to a higher number than I would like but still inside numbers I have run on multiple engines with great results.

Nobody did anything intentionally to hurt Tom, it was bad luck that he ended up with a crank that the trigger wheel was installed wrong. Mark raced the car with great results with this crank and never had any reason to believe it had any problem.

Kurt Urban
Originally Posted by blue00ZZleeper
Kurt stop hiding behind your posts. Its obvious why Tom is pissed, quit beating around the bush. All of your posts have questioned motive, had no information and been very vague. Mark I really don't think it ever was an issue with you, it was the fact that the rotating assy was put into another block and all of a sudden the bore vs piston sizing is way off. The crank issue sucked but it was just delt with. It was the fact that after pulling the motor out again, Tom picked it up in a bucket of parts after 4 months. Also, don't try pulling the "cheap" card on Tom. The whole motor combo wasn't very cheap and Tom has NEVER had a problem spending big coin on his car.....he always pays for what he has too. Todd you blew a bunch of smoke up our *** and just said it was "really shitty luck" then, couldn't stand behind anything you said. I don't post anything I'm not comfortable keeping out there...you should try it. When you pulled that "blackmail" ****, that was when you really pissed us off...there is no alternative motive here....just being pissed with NO answers and being blown off. None of this is to get money or anything of the sort...the only question I asked Todd was if there was anything he could do. This was solely to to show others what's been transpiring and what we've been dealing with.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think everyone is staying somewhat professional. Thoughts and emotions are being portrayed but not in a bad manor. Kurt we know you can build bad *** engines...there's no doubt about it. We just feel like more could have been done, and then Tom started talking to Todd and it got worse. It felt as if the "small" guy didn't matter and was left off to the side. I think Todd pissed us off more then anyone with his "blackmail" bullshit. There was a reason we didn't want to post any names or shop info for as long as we put it off...only after Todd got into did we feel it necessary to post that info. We don't think it was done intentionally but at the same time not enough was done in the long run. No bad blood....just big kids talking stuff out lol
Old 08-29-2011, 08:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I shouldn't of said w2w needed their motives questioned, as it's obvious their intent was to build you a good motor. It sounds like the cost was divided up fair and square, the end result just wasn't what he had expected I guess.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:42 PM
TECH Resident

The train broke down, then was repaired, then wrecked. I'm a big bad Marine too, but come on fellas. Let's hug this out and let it die!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:22 PM
11 Second Club

I agree! lol
Old 08-29-2011, 08:58 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by El_Diablo
The train broke down, then was repaired, then wrecked. I'm a big bad Marine too, but come on fellas. Let's hug this out and let it die!
it needs to die all right lol

man love the DMAX pic bother
Old 09-06-2011, 10:15 AM
FormerVendor

"and hoping callies will hook it up on a crank that should of never made it pass a quality check"

If you could please get me the 5 digit serial number on this crank, so that I can determine some history on this crank. Out Jig, only puts wheels on one way (the correct way), I don't see how it could have been installed wrong here! A lot can happen to a crankshaft once it leaves the plant.

-Adam @ Callies
Old 09-06-2011, 11:23 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tomz28

man love the DMAX pic bother
Thanks! That was taken on the road running west into 29 Palms when I drove from Oklahoma to see my bro last year.

Quick Reply: Engine didn't last a summer/ new build time