Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How hot is too hot?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 09:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
Yea I wouldn't either. Are both you guy's hotsides wrapped and do you have a turbo blanket on your hotside?

My manifolds, primaries, and crossovers are all wrapped along with having a turbo blanket on my hotside. I'm sure that helps a lot.
The hotside is wrapped except for the dp which is about 14" and points under the kmember. We'll wrap it this wkend and put the turbo blanket on and see where she's @.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:26 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
Damn time for more gauges, I'm using stock gauge for water temp. Even then I still haven't ever seen my needle get vertical on the gauge(12'o clock) it is either at 160 or 180 (10-11 posistion).

Now where in the hell am I going to mount this thing
Actually 98 cars they are accurate.

Here is the fix for the 99-02 cars:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...uge-today.html
Old 08-31-2011, 08:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slow67
Actually 98 cars they are accurate.

Here is the fix for the 99-02 cars:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...uge-today.html
Great write up However, I am not playing with the circuit board. So, with that said. I will just add another gauge
Old 08-31-2011, 11:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 273sunsetZ
Thanks for all the input.

I'm running a th350 so the rpm's are up there, but even just cruising around under 3k it got hot. Atleast i'm not the only one, looks like i need to look into a stock stat and i'll definitly be swithching the pushers to pullers on the opposite side, I think this will help keep alot of the heat coming from the engine away from the radiator and help the airflow while driving down the street. Since they're low profile they should fit if i move the radiator up next to the core support, I guess we'll see. If I have to end up cutting the core support out to make room this weekend then we'll just have to make it happen.

I have a tuning laptop that stays in the car for data logging at all times while driving with this setup, I never would have known their was an issue otherwise; temp gauge stays below 210 the whole time.
If you swap the fans around and they are s blades make sure that you flip the blades. I learned this the hard way. I had bought 2 s bladed fans that were configured for puller. I installed them as pushers and just swapped the wires. Well they created a wall that no air could get through. If they are straight bladed then just swap the wires.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:19 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have header wrap on my hotside. I have swaintech coating with helps, but probably not as good as header wrap. My stock gauge would read temps up to about 205, but when I read through the obdII using my wireless adapter and Iphone app called Rev it reports my temps anywhere between 160-185ish with a touch up to 190 if in traffic. Does this sound about normal where the stock gauge would read higher than what is actually reported by the computer?
Old 09-02-2011, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Justin, the only thing I see wrapped is the manifolds?

Quick Reply: How hot is too hot?