Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Injectors in intake pipe...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 05:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Put the TB on the end of the intercooler. Injectors post TB in the intercooler piping to intake manifold.
Yes, is their any rule that says where the throttle body needs to be in conjunction with the intake or runners?
Old 09-21-2011, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The way the rule is written, it seems like you may be able to get away with spraying the outside of the IC with a 50/50 methanol/water mix which almost turns your IC into an ice cube, which will drop IATs signifigantly.

Maybe even CO2 spraybar system or some other means of just keeping the IC very cold?
Old 09-21-2011, 05:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

None of that stuff would be allowed.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am running a single plain style intake with an elbow. I wonder if installing the injectors in the elbow would be exceptable?

Chris and Woody, I have several Mike Moran 500# injectors. One of those in the plenum area would be more then enough fueling for this sort of thing. I would think the lower (clossest to the head) injectors would be left to run sequential, and the plenum injectors would be better fired as batch fired.

As someone else asked, I do have a few Megas Squirt MS3EXP's running on a few cars here and I have one for mine. I have had no issue with them and really have not found a reason to choise a BS3 or Holley Dominator EFI over the MS3. They are less expensive but require the end user to wire everything up them selves. If you can do your own wiring they are a very good PCM. If I run dual sets of injectors I will install my MS3 to run all the fueling, maybe the timing too, and leave the factory PCM to run the dahs and work the trans. You can get the MS3 to work the trans, but not the engine at the same time. What I understand you would have to do is use the MS3 for the engine, and a MS2 for the trans. The would have a comunication harnes to tie the two together.

The can bus in the dash is a different story. One would need to know the can bus, and know how to write the code in the MS to be able to cominucate with it. That is were I have meet my limit. I can not do code or can bus, but I know people that do.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Texas_WS6
I am running a single plain style intake with an elbow. I wonder if installing the injectors in the elbow would be exceptable?

Chris and Woody, I have several Mike Moran 500# injectors. One of those in the plenum area would be more then enough fueling for this sort of thing. I would think the lower (clossest to the head) injectors would be left to run sequential, and the plenum injectors would be better fired as batch fired.
That would be something we would have to review, the big deal is that anything that looks like its "intercooling" over and above fueling the engine would cause crying..etc.. especially if the car in question is running well and winning races..
Old 09-21-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chris81
That would be something we would have to review, the big deal is that anything that looks like its "intercooling" over and above fueling the engine would cause crying..etc.. especially if the car in question is running well and winning races..
I will leave that decision to the ones in charge. This is an interesting idea though.

Maybe I should just go with my original idea of runing a set of small injectors and a set of large injectors for drivablity reasons and idle quality reasons. All in the intake runners.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is what I would do for best idle and drivability.

Have one in the "stock" or "generic" location on the intake, these will be 60# or comparable for the main fueling up to 100kpa. Over 100kpa a second set of slightly bigger injectors, maybe 96# will be used under boost and these will be high up in the intake runners to make the most of the cooling properties of the fuel.

This way you get the ones in the generic location spraying at the intake valve, and the ones that are mounted high up in the runner's only come on under boost when the cooling is needed.

As long as you don't explain how it "really" works and just tell people that they work all the time or as octane on demand, what can they say? You not using "meth injection" or any type of chemical intercooling, your just supplying the motor with fuel, albeit a fuel that has better cooling properties than unleaded or leaded race gas. The only way anyone could complain about this the way it'd be set-up, is they'd have to argue that E-85 is an advantage in itself, not in the way you have it set-up since you are just fueling the motor's fuel needs.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Gingervitis Addict

^ "
The reason for the change was improved fuel atomization at 10,000 rpm

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/pitstop/hrdp_0704_pitstop_fuel_injector_location/photo_02.html#ixzz1YcW7YiML"

Obviously, it does have a difference, but I'm not sure how many people will be spinning that kind of RPM.
Yes, but as the air atomizes, the fuel has more surface area, absorbing more heat. Same reason why every good water/meth injection kit tries to get the finest spray pattern possible.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:44 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
Here is what I would do for best idle and drivability.

Have one in the "stock" or "generic" location on the intake, these will be 60# or comparable for the main fueling up to 100kpa. Over 100kpa a second set of slightly bigger injectors, maybe 96# will be used under boost and these will be high up in the intake runners to make the most of the cooling properties of the fuel.

This way you get the ones in the generic location spraying at the intake valve, and the ones that are mounted high up in the runner's only come on under boost when the cooling is needed.

As long as you don't explain how it "really" works and just tell people that they work all the time or as octane on demand, what can they say? You not using "meth injection" or any type of chemical intercooling, your just supplying the motor with fuel, albeit a fuel that has better cooling properties than unleaded or leaded race gas. The only way anyone could complain about this the way it'd be set-up, is they'd have to argue that E-85 is an advantage in itself, not in the way you have it set-up since you are just fueling the motor's fuel needs.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Texas_WS6
I will leave that decision to the ones in charge. This is an interesting idea though.

Maybe I should just go with my original idea of runing a set of small injectors and a set of large injectors for drivablity reasons and idle quality reasons. All in the intake runners.
We are in charge me and Chris started this class... we basically took the old DFW rules from their true street class and modified them a little for west Texas.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:48 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Well, if you guys make the rules I don't see an issue...
Old 09-23-2011, 07:15 AM
On The Tree

^ Well, if you guys make the rules I don't see an issue...
Well if u have ever run a heads up class you want there to be some parity in the class so we cant just go wild with the FI stuff and not give the nitrous guys something. Honestly with the rules that we have now its a very tight class and we aim to keep it that way.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris81
That'll be 20,000,000,000,000 dollars, yes, thank you, come again, good bye

Quick Reply: Injectors in intake pipe...