Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo Build Ideas!!! Opinions and suggestions Please!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 08:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95batmobile
plan to double the price on your build list... i didnt believe it when people told me it.. i doted my i's and crossed my T's and still doubled my original price list
Yeah I have set my budget much higher then what I plan on spending!!! Every build thread I have read has made the point on the budget!!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

My budget went put the window the second I got my motor pulled and relized I was starting from scratch basically lol. The big **** is easy the small misc. Stuff adds up . Probably because you don't relize your spending alot on a million little, cheap things. Good luck though man.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:10 PM
12 Second Club

I am not in a big hurry to get it done! I want to have it done by the LSX Shootout next year if all goes well!
Old 10-07-2011, 01:30 AM

Good luck with your build mate, i've just purchased a TC78 to throw on my 01 Calais (4 door luxury version of your GTO).
It'll be a very similar set up to yours only aiming for around 500hp on 8psi, im using the standard drivers side manifold with a 2" crossover with a custom steam pipe manifold on the passenger side. You'll need 60lb injectors (atleast), walbro 255 (one if not two just to be safe), fuel regulator and a 3ltr surge tank would be a good idea for the fuel system.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Dude, You must be SUPER ENTHUSIASTIC judging by all of those exclamation points at the end of EVERY sentence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woosah... Woosah.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Verse1
Good luck with your build mate, i've just purchased a TC78 to throw on my 01 Calais (4 door luxury version of your GTO).
It'll be a very similar set up to yours only aiming for around 500hp on 8psi, im using the standard drivers side manifold with a 2" crossover with a custom steam pipe manifold on the passenger side. You'll need 60lb injectors (atleast), walbro 255 (one if not two just to be safe), fuel regulator and a 3ltr surge tank would be a good idea for the fuel system.
I appreciate the suggestions! The plan is 2 walbros and I was debating on the injectors. Would 80s be too much?
Old 10-07-2011, 03:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by IKnowtheFuture
Dude, You must be SUPER ENTHUSIASTIC judging by all of those exclamation points at the end of EVERY sentence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woosah... Woosah.
Well if you don't like how I type get out of my thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was probably the most worthless post on LS1tech!
Old 10-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What people don't realize coming from the NA mentality is that often times, more cubes are a disadvantage on a turbo build.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by IKnowtheFuture

Woosah... Woosah.
No ****... Use a ******* period every now and then.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JAX04
are you on LS1gto??

Most every turbo GTO has its build on that site, most of them dont post here.

And like cobrakiller said, WOW, thats alot of turbo for nothing really, a nice single will cost 30% less and be just as easy to fabricate.

Do some research over their for different turbo setups, their is NO kit for our cars anymore. Unless you order from Aussie land.

You can look up my username here or over their and see my single build with a tc78 it was more then enough turbo for 600whp
it doesnt matter if its in a gto or a mustang, thats alot of spinning-required, u would want an auto to help with load and faster spool response with that motor

Quick Reply: Turbo Build Ideas!!! Opinions and suggestions Please!!!!