Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Can i mount IAT Sensor in ls6 manifold? then meth nozzles in throttle body?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can i mount IAT Sensor in ls6 manifold? then meth nozzles in throttle body?

Im trying to debate where im was going to mount my Iat sensor. And meth nozzle. Has anyone mounted it in there ls6 manifold? then there meth nozzles in there throttle body? or is it just best to mounting them in the pipe coming up from the intercooler? Would be nice if i didn't have to take down the pipe to have bungs welded, if i didn't have to. But defiantly want to make sure its done right over anything else. So just trying to get feedback. Also if i go the route of mounting them in the pipe. what is the optimized distance apart they should be?
Old 10-07-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You want your IAT in your UICP...not manifold. Your trying to read the air coming into the motor before the throttle body. The sensor has to be away from heat, to work properly.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Many people have the IAT mounted in the EGR position just behind the throttle body. The down side to this location is obviously heat soak on warm starts but the upside is that the sensor reacts very quickly there as it sees maximum airflow across it is most accurate.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Banned

Thanks. ill probably just stick to mounting it on the pipe then. But that was where i was planning on mounting it. right behind the throttle body, then figured i could tap the throttle body for the meth.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a big thick rubber plug for the EGR hole behind the TB, and I threaded a Syclone IAT sensor into it... I thought about it for a long time (re: heat soak) and looking at the sensor, it sticks way out into the airstream, and is insulated by a 1/4" of wire, so it's freestanding, pretty much. I haven't gotten to log IAT comparisons, but I believe it'll work fine.

As for the meth, I would do it upstream a bit, so you have a chance for it to atomize better and optimize the cooling effect.. I would be concerned about puddling, spraying directly into the TB blade...

Quick Reply: Can i mount IAT Sensor in ls6 manifold? then meth nozzles in throttle body?