Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LS1 Turbo Build 69 Chevelle post your pics!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Turbo Build 69 Chevelle post your pics!

I am new to the site and for the last 4 years been running a 496 big block chevy, high compression on E85. No matter what builder i have used the engines have not lasted more than a few months. Lots of street miles, no cage, and lots of racing with a best of 6.31. Anyways, I am tired of spending a couple grand everytime an engine blows.

I just blew the engine on Sunday and have already sold most of the good parts and purchased a 5.3 complete engine, with alternator and starter, 64k miles, running with wiring harness and ECM for $700. My car weighs 3700lbs with me in it. I am going to continue to run E85 and I want to be able to drive it anywhere. The goal is sub 6 in the 1/8th using a stock 5.3, truck manifolds that are on it and truck intake, with the 317 heads. I am open to running a twin turbo or single set up. I have a th400 with transbrake and 3.90 gears.

What single turbo and what twin turbos do you recommend on a budget. Plus, which would be easier? I was thinking about the 60mm turbos for twins from CXracing or an 80mm turbo for a single but not sure what brand. I have heard that $800 is a good price for one.

I was going to use HP tuners with factory ECM and modify the wiring harness myself.

Looking for any pictures of 69 chevelle single and twin turbo set ups. I am leaning towards a single turbo but not sure which one that I can race and drive on the street.

Thanks in advance for the advice and pictures. I did a search but didnt' see many.

Quick Reply: LS1 Turbo Build 69 Chevelle post your pics!