Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What hp rating is the new turbonetic HP67's? how do they compare to the new precision

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 10:29 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeremym
So I have 60series TC70's journal bearing/cast wheel that start building a little boost around 3100RPM and hits like a freight train at 4000RPM now. So if I got the new HPC67 billet wheel with ball bearings or the PT67 CEA billet wheel with journal bearings what would the diff be between them all. They will all have a 68 turbine and all will a .81 A/R housing. How many RPM' will I gain in spoiling? I would like to spool 500-1000RPM faster. I know I should pick up peak power to. These new turbos make 200+HP total
I think the changes you'll see will be absolutely minimal to unnoticable changing to one of those turbos. The only difference in HP rating will be through the cover, possible slight reduction in MOI / mass, and through potential aero changes. You're really only changing 3mm in compressor wheel and keeping a the turbine wheel the same size.

I'd call up someone that deals with these combinations regulary and not someone like Precision or Turbonetics who are going to try and sell you a pair of their turbos. If you've got money to burn, I'll send you my paypal, and you can some my way before you mow through it all.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:37 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you want quicker spool you need smaller turbine wheel. Billet doesn't mean quicker spool it's just a more efficient design (most cases). Ball bearing should help spool but if you want full boost 500-1000 rpm later you should look into 6265s or something similar. Borg warner might even offer something decent in that size? Here are some threads to read

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...0-1-200hp.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...et-6262-a.html
Old 10-18-2011, 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by hellbents10
I highly doubt that will translate to 1000hp at 20the psi if it only made 630it on 10. Unless there is some major changes to fuel type and tuning.

With that being said I would opt for the cheaper tnetics units.
Considering it was on a Mustang dyno, through a 4L80E with unlocked converter, and a 9" I didnt feel like that was too bad. What do you mean my fuel change? Its on E85. I dont think 1000 is out of the question on a Dynojet at full tilt.

Originally Posted by jeremym
I made 820rwhp on 10lbs. But the new CEA turbos make 175hp+ each compared to the cast old ones
You also prob did it on a dynojet through your 6 speed. Dyno numbers really dont mean **** unless your testing on the same day on the same dyno.

Quick Reply: What hp rating is the new turbonetic HP67's? how do they compare to the new precision